Back to Introduction to Marketing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Marketing by University of Pennsylvania

Taught by three of Wharton's top faculty in the marketing department, consistently ranked as the #1 marketing department in the world, this course covers three core topics in customer loyalty: branding, customer centricity, and practical, go-to-market strategies. You’ll learn key principles in - Branding: brand equity is one of the key elements of keeping customers in a dynamic world in which new startups are emerging constantly. - Customer centricity: not synonymous with customer service, customer centricity starts with customer focus and need-gathering. - Go-to-market strategies: understand the drivers that influence customers and see how these are implemented prior to making an investment. Complete this course as part of Wharton's Business Foundations Specialization, and you'll have the opportunity to take the Capstone Project and prepare a strategic analysis and proposed solution to a real business challenge from Wharton-governed companies like Shazam and SnapDeal or to a challenge faced by your own company or organization. Wharton-trained staff will evaluate the top submissions, and leadership teams at Shazam and SnapDeal will review the highest scoring projects prepared for their companies....

AS

Apr 29, 2021

Learnt a lot of concepts in marketing that were hiding in plain sight. I want to thank all the professors who were part of making this course and Wharton online for making this accessible to everyone.

AT

Jun 8, 2017

This course enhanced my perspective, I took it parallel to my ongoing courese, the cases discussed in this module helped me to analyse the application of various marketing concepts. Thanks a lot...!

176 - 200 of 2,218 Reviews for Introduction to Marketing

By PRIYANKA L

Feb 25, 2016

An excellent introductory course in Marketing. Very comprehensive and relevant for those who seek to know the initial framework of Marketing & Branding. Reference to real companies & the underlying strategies makes the course relevant as real-time applications of theoretical concepts.

By Thuy T

Jul 26, 2021

An excellent course that helps me tremendously understand how marketing works in business. As a junior data analyst, understanding the concept of marketing and its application in real world context is the key to my success at work, thanks to the awesome team of professors at Wharton!

By Emir I

Jan 3, 2016

My background is in computer science, and I had very little knowledge about marketing/markets/customers and relation between those and more. Now I know something, still have so much to learn, but this is an awesome start. All professors are excellent, and insightful in their own way.

By erfan a

Nov 5, 2018

It is a very useful and practical course and I can use of it's insights and knowledge in my job and our future business.

and if we can have more engagement and give you more ideas (like the packaging idea) as some tournaments, it can be better and more useful for you and us

By Jofran P D

Apr 15, 2018

This is my first time taking a Marketing course and I really enjoyed it. The way the professors talk in their videos is very clear and really makes you stay engaged with the topic. Plenty of examples are given too. Make sure to take plenty of notes since videos are dense in content!

By Pedro L V d l R

Aug 26, 2020

This course is absolutely worth it. It is a great introduction not just to marketing but also to business in general. You learn so much that you want to continue without stopping. I highly recommend this course to anyone, no matter if you have any interest or knowledge in business.

By Sugeily R L

Feb 22, 2020

I have learned so much. Looking to change in career and starting my second Master's, but in Marketing Analytics and Insights, it has given me a better understanding and the importance of marketing in an organization, start-up, and non-profits. I would love anyone to try the course.

By Ryan D

Jun 29, 2020

For someone who has never really taken a business course before, I majored in Communications and Theater, this course served as a great introduction. I thoroughly enjoyed the lectures by all three professors and felt each one brought something unique and insightful to the table.

By Ryan I C

Apr 16, 2020

I was indeed a good topic especially for new marketers. Its further widen my knowledge and understanding on how the market goes and what are the things to consider in doing brand messaging and positioning of the brand to the market. I also learned how important the customer is.

By Alfonsus U

May 14, 2017

Very insightful and example-based to avoid ambiguity. I do recommend it. I do recommend trying to connect the material to real-world cases often (for students). Your mentors, I think, have done a great job at doing so but it does take involvement, as is other business subjects.

By pooja b

May 15, 2022

It was very informative and gave me a holistic idea about how marketing functions in the real world, the very realistic examples and easy to understand course structure, provided me with the complete gist of how these concepts are applied in real-life descion making scenarios.

By Salma A K

May 23, 2020

The course was very good in real, I enjoyed most of the parts, the only thing I wanna say is that some definitions weren't familiar to me so it was not that easy to understand each and every part, but in general the course was really great. thanks for the excellent experience.

By Tushar G

Apr 22, 2018

Very engaging and interesting course. The instructors keep the energy maintained and deliver the content in very easy to understand language with appropriate real life examples. This course has increased my interest in studying more business and management courses on Coursera.

By Keerthi S

Mar 21, 2017

It was a wonderful experience, being taught by such experienced and extremely knowledgeable faculty. This is definitely a value addition to my personality and learning. Very clear video, content and language. Thoroughly enjoyed learning! Thank you so much for the opportunity!

By Rohit B

Oct 21, 2021

amazing course learnt a lot about marketing from scratch and learned the strategies that is no where explained in the world thank you professor barbara you build a foundation for me to learn more and get in depth to know more about marketing and apply these in the real life

By Stefani V M

Apr 16, 2020

It was a wonderful experience. The lectures are very clear and interesting. Marketing is a new field for me, but I love it after taking the course. I was not planning to but I am considering taking the other courses in the business specialization now. Thank you very much!

By Shaunak V

Dec 15, 2019

Good and very easy to understand course. Lots of relevant references and case studies used in the video content. Would definitely recommend to everyone from the Digital Advertising industry to complete this course by University of Pennsylvania and offered through Coursera.

By Deepak R

Aug 30, 2018

A high level introduction to what you need to have in place in order to start and run a business of your own! I am sure that I would be able to use the knowledge obtained to make key improvements to my family business!! Thank you Penn and Coursera for making this possible.

By Shravya M

Jun 26, 2020

As someone with no background in Business Administration/ Management, I found this course to be an eye opener in terms of helping me understand that marketing is very detailed. The professors were extremely knowledgeable and were able to explain each concept very clearly.

By Aditya S

This was a phenomenal insight into marketing provided by Prof. Kahn, Prof. Bell and Prof. Singh. I am really glad that I did this and understood a little more about marketing. Thankyou, I would surely love to meet these professors in future and learn more about marketing!

By Ana C L G d S

Sep 8, 2018

It's amazing! I started this course thinking that would be something simple but the teachers are awesome. So many knowladge that i'm learning right now. its helping me a lot in my business life and i am also practicing my english. Coursera gave me a chance to win in life!

By Ju H K

Apr 1, 2020

A very good introduction to the overall process of marketing. I found it interesting how aspects of visual arts and psychology play substantial roles in influencing customers. I especially found the examples interesting, even those found in the option fifth week lessons.

By Ekjyot S R

One of the best explanations of Marketing that I have ever come across. All the professors and especially, Dr. Raju, explained everything in great detail and that too with live examples so that it is easier to relate to the subject matter.

All in all, an amazing course.

By Monique B

May 18, 2019

Wow. I learned a tons and am working on applying them to the business I'm building. There are some questions I have and will get answers to later. before starting week 2 I have to read some more materials. I even signed up at Google Scholar Pages for notifications.

By Cristela W L M

Jan 8, 2022

One of the most comprehensive marketing courses that actually gives out real-life examples. Wasn't just giving any painstaking theories, but it is actually straightforward. The marketing strategies here are simply encouraging and can be easily applied for my business.