Back to Introduction to Marketing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Marketing by University of Pennsylvania

Taught by three of Wharton's top faculty in the marketing department, consistently ranked as the #1 marketing department in the world, this course covers three core topics in customer loyalty: branding, customer centricity, and practical, go-to-market strategies. You’ll learn key principles in - Branding: brand equity is one of the key elements of keeping customers in a dynamic world in which new startups are emerging constantly. - Customer centricity: not synonymous with customer service, customer centricity starts with customer focus and need-gathering. - Go-to-market strategies: understand the drivers that influence customers and see how these are implemented prior to making an investment. Complete this course as part of Wharton's Business Foundations Specialization, and you'll have the opportunity to take the Capstone Project and prepare a strategic analysis and proposed solution to a real business challenge from Wharton-governed companies like Shazam and SnapDeal or to a challenge faced by your own company or organization. Wharton-trained staff will evaluate the top submissions, and leadership teams at Shazam and SnapDeal will review the highest scoring projects prepared for their companies....

AS
Apr 29, 2021

Learnt a lot of concepts in marketing that were hiding in plain sight. I want to thank all the professors who were part of making this course and Wharton online for making this accessible to everyone.

AT
Jun 8, 2017

This course enhanced my perspective, I took it parallel to my ongoing courese, the cases discussed in this module helped me to analyse the application of various marketing concepts. Thanks a lot...!

76 - 100 of 2,116 Reviews for Introduction to Marketing

By Ritesh G

May 16, 2021

It is rare to find a comprehensive online curriculum at par with Introduction to Marketing by The Wharton School. The well-placed examples throughout the course, especially during week 5 of applied marketing, make the concepts easy to grasp.

Learning about brand-positing from Prof. Barbara Kahn, customer-centricity from Prof. Peter Fader, and go-to-market strategies from Prof. Raju Jagmohan Singh built a ubiquitous view of marketing for me.

By Mohammad A

Jun 5, 2020

The course was pretty nice. It was a good learning experience with coursera and University of Pennsylvania. All the professors was extremely knowledgeable. The contents which is being taught in the course is quite precious. Prof Raju explained the stuffs very well in a very simple manner.

In a nutshell I liked it a lot it enhance my knowledge in my relevant fields. Now I can present myself proudly to the people with certificate from UPenn.

By Deborah L

Aug 13, 2017

It covers a lot of concepts, has a lot of illustrated cases and they are used and developped during the course, so it makes it a business case. I can apply all these concepts in an Internal Control/ Business Process Management thinking as they are that relevant! Excellent course. I have also very much appreciated the professors, their dynamism, the videos are not boring due to their different styles and ability to bring up the key points.

By Nick M

Mar 28, 2018

Introduction to Marketing helped clarify many intuitions I had about marketing and clarified some misperceptions I had of marketing principles, especially in the online world. Each lecturer clearly introduced and explained marketing concepts and anchored those concepts effectively to real-world examples. I'd love to attend a lecture by any of the professors who created this course. I highly recommend Introduction to Marketing!

By B C

Nov 19, 2017

Very good introduction on Marketing concepts.

I would have appreciated more case studies or a more structured documentation, as all the new words and concepts are quite hard to digest. But overall I'm very satisfied of this course. Assignments are helpful to extract all the value from the course and to get a better understanding of all the concepts.

Thanks a lot to Pr Kahn, Fader and bell for putting all this together.

By Pham T M T

Apr 27, 2020

I love this course !!!!!!! For a non-major student like me, this course is a must-learn. As I could self-study with sufficient subtitle (especially for marketing terms), the course even offers you some tests so that you can review your learning process somehow. One thing is that I prefer for case analysis in this course to understand more about the concept. But overall, finish it, love it and continue to learn more.

By Ei P

May 13, 2020

The lecturers provide insightful knowledge regarding with the marketing. It is a good course for beginner like me. However, the marketing tragedies and studies that can be learnt from this course focus mainly on high tech, well developed regions, and not for emerging markets - I am basically saying that this course won't cover for marketing studies of developing emerging markets where you can't collect many data

By POLA U K

May 26, 2019

The course has been excellent. I learned a lot from this course. To be honest, I have never expected this from my side. From where i have come from, I did not go through such type of experience before. I didn't expect a course to be this much interesting and realistic. Overall amazing to have being enrolled for this course. Thank you all professors for giving us such wonderful experience and priceless knowledge.

By Renee A W

Dec 28, 2015

This course was truly informative! Although deemed an introductory course, the material was still presented in a very thorough and comprehensive manner with real world examples that helped to enhance the learning experience. It was pretty easy to make the link between the content and my very own business concept; helping me to work out the kinks in my approach to marketing. highly recommend this course!

By Zeel K

Apr 23, 2020

This course is very distinctive and very meticulously designed that gives u insights through all the basics and deeper in some cases, concepts of marketing. And I am really thankful to all the professors that explained very good concepts along with relevant and easy to understand examples. It takes you through all the basic and relevant concepts of marketing and helps you to develop your perspective.

By Hari p j

May 11, 2021

I loved the course content, and the admirable professors. Huge Respect, thank you coursera for sanctioning me scholarship for this course, I will always be indebted to you. It's a very tough time for me, as I have lost my job in second wave of covid here in India. But, its always the design and content of the course that keeps me motivated and feel accomplished!

Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

By Mochammad F A

Dec 26, 2019

This course very encouraging and intriguing. Delivered with current issue and hot topics, like internet for marketing also e-commerce and startup activity. I can easily understand because this course bring perfect combination from theory and practical research. Honestly this course sharpen my knowledge and guide me to make a better decisions in my real life career also business management activity.

By Aleesa A H

Jun 19, 2017

Loved the material and lectures. Highly applicable concepts and examples. I incorporated some of the vocabulary into work communications each week. Would have liked an intro to the math involved in MBA-level marketing classes, that's what I was most hoping to test drive as I consider an MBA. Perhaps include some of that as side examples for those truly trying to decide if they could handle it?

By ANATOLIY P

Mar 8, 2017

The best part of this course is the discussion forum. Not only you have the material, but you have also an opportunity to discuss the subject with the brightest individuals from all over the world. Great course if you want to feel alive. If you want to experience a real collegiate atmosphere. I've made great friends on this course and they are still in touch with me via LinkedIn and Facebook.

By Aimee M

Feb 23, 2020

I thought this course was GREAT. I'm not a highly educated person so I was worried I'd be intimidated but I wasn't. The professors are very impressive people, no doubt, but they speak clearly and are interesting to listen to. I feel this course peaked my interest in the subject and I find it more fascinating than I did coming in. I'm also proud of my certificate and will share it with pride.

By Ricardo T F

Sep 12, 2017

very interesting, full of excellent content and very nice tezhers. The sond of professor Bell lecturs was somehow distorted and difficult to undertand. Suggestion is to e possible to award a participation certificate (not verifiable) to people who cannot pay the costs but have participated and been approved in the quizzes and final exam. Congratulations to the team and to Penn University!!!

By Minqi G

Jan 22, 2017

I especially like Professor Khan's lectures. The structure is well organized and very easy to follow. It gives me a quite good understanding on marketing basics. Customer centricity is more practical. The theory is very simple but the implementation is full of challenges. I really wish the contents could focus more on the methods to resolve practical issues than just brought out issues.

By Cristian R

Dec 31, 2019

It is obviously impossible to cover such a broad subject in a single course. My no means I feel I am now knowledgable in marketing. But taking into account this is not the goal of this course, but instead, provide a brief introduction to key concepts, I think it does precisely that, and it gives you enough resources to expand this knowledge on your own if you choose to put in the work.

By Elsa M d P G

Jul 12, 2020

I learned a lot in this course, especially with professor Barbara Kahn on Week 1 and Week 4. I have to mention that Week 3 had very dense material and, although I did learn, the way Professor Raju teaches was a little complicated for me to understand clearly all the material. A part from that, I consider that people should invest in this course to expand their knowledge in this field!

By Dominika S

Nov 24, 2020

The courses were great. I learned a lot of aspects about marketing and it open my eyes about different thinking on terms of marketing. All three instructors were interesting to listen to and made thinks really easy to understand. I recommend this course for everyone who wants to learn basics about marketing or wants to add up some usefull information/little expertise to their skills.

By Kuryleva M

Apr 12, 2020

That was really interesting course. I learned a lot of new information. All the professors were increadible to listen. These knoweledges will help me to start and build a new career. The most spectacular thing about this course is that all information that you got from the course you can use in practise.

Thank you. I'm truly happy I've had such opportinity to listen this course.

By Daniel N

Aug 1, 2016

The videos are high quality and very engaging. I can also download the material on my iPad Coursera App and watch the lessons offline. The posts on the Discussion Forum helps understand the material better even if you just read through the questions and answers without posting anything yourself. Overall, a great course - to some extent better than some courses I took in class!

By ZHANG L

Feb 17, 2016

I do really love this course. The pace is fast and information is quite plenty to know about Marketing. The case studies along with the sessions are exstremely comprehendable to understand some concepts and situation. Thanks for the updated inforamtion about online and offline competition, I do think digital marketing will become more and more significant in near future.

By Neha N

Aug 21, 2019

This course is really very helpful to the beginners to start from the scratch. It helped me to understand what is marketing, it's components like branding, customer centricity, market strategies, customer decision making, social targeting, online-offline interactions. Thank you professors Bell, Fader and Kahn and entire coursera team for such a knowledgeable course.

Aug 3, 2020

The course was dense but thorough. The professors taught each module really well, gave really good examples, and also shared case studies and their experiences. I now gained some basic knowledge and skills in marketing and will continue to refer back to this course when needed. Thank you so much Professor Kahn, Professor Fader, Professor Raju, and Wharton School!