Back to Success

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Success by University of Pennsylvania

Do you want to be more successful? This course was designed to help you define what success means to you, and to develop a plan for achieving it. Wharton Professor G. Richard Shell, an award-winning author and the creator of the popular Wharton School course on the meaning of success, created this course to help you answer the questions that arise when you consider how best to use your life. Drawing on his decades of research and mentoring, Shell offers personalized assessments to help you probe your past, imagine your future, and measure your strengths. He then combines these with the latest scientific insights on everything from self-confidence and happiness to relationships and careers. Throughout, he shares inspiring examples of people who found what they were meant to do by embracing their own true measure of success. Get ready for the journey of a lifetime—one that will help you reevaluate your future and envision success on your own terms. Students and executives say that Richard Shell’s courses and executive training programs have changed their lives. Let this course change yours....

SM

Jun 09, 2020

Excellent course gives you the tools and ideas to think deeply about how you define success and set you on a solid path to achieving your greatest professional and personal success possible.

BW

May 18, 2019

I loved this course! It has been the best one I've taken on Coursera yet. It was an honor to learn from Richard Shell. I think this course can benefit anyone at any point in their life!

226 - 247 of 247 Reviews for Success

May 29, 2019

g

By Yana V

Jun 16, 2017

This was a wonderful course that helped me to understand myself and my definition of success better. Although some information seemed a bit boring and unnecessary to me personally (maybe because I’ve known it before), the exercises were truly unique and which I never heard of before. Professor Shell is very interesting to listen to! Very pleasant and wise person.

By 周涵

May 27, 2017

This course reshapes my view about success. It involves many useful topics such as the retionship between happiness and success, how to define your own success, etc. It also motivates course takers to reflect upon their own values and views. Overall, this course is useful for my personal growth, hope it can also do benefit to you.

By Carlos A R J

Jun 17, 2020

Muito bom! Só fiquei preocupado com as avaliações que dependo de outros colegas, tive que ficar pedindo e demorou alguns dias para concluírem, é um pouco ruim depender dos outros. Mas aprendi muito, inclusive com o depoimentos dos colegas, só tenho a agradecer; Obrigado...

By shrestha p

Jan 12, 2020

I gained new perspectives through many stories and experiences. This course has helped me overcome from a phase of disappointments to a phase of looking towards new opportunities that it would definitely add value to my future endeavors.

By Thomas L

Sep 22, 2016

I enjoyed this course and recommend it highly. I just wish the instructions for the exercises were clearer...but I have to admit I had many distractions and other things going, so I could have done better.

By Nush

Aug 16, 2019

Thank you Richard Sir for such a lovely course and for teaching us some of the best life lessons. This will definitely provide more meaning and purpose to my life. Thanks a lot! :)

By Gary S

Apr 28, 2020

Interesting but a little too squishy and personal for my taste. It leads to some helpful introspection but not anything I can directly apply to my career and life.

By Jaime E Z

Dec 30, 2019

Me gusto mucho el curso, me hubiera gustado que sea un poco mas practico y no tanto teórico, pero en general creo que es un gran curso.

By Altangerel E

Feb 11, 2020

I just audited this course. It happens to be a good course on how to have a happy life.

Thank you.

By Jenny L

Mar 27, 2019

This course provides enlightment and basic structures to organize personal thoughts of success.

By Yagnik H

May 13, 2020

I like the way this course is built and want to opt for more courses like this.

By Angela M

Apr 13, 2019

The course was very thought provoking and very well presented. Thank you

By Maryamiest

Great learning experience! changed my perspective of success!!

By Виктор В

Nov 16, 2018

There are many too obvious things. Especially after a second week. This is not the worst course, but not the best one

By Derek D V

Jun 20, 2017

The course could share a miscellaneous of texts and videos outside the Coursera community

By Rodrigo B d S

Jun 11, 2017

Interesting, but not deep enough, maybe.

By Santosh S

Apr 19, 2017

Ok course.

When I am taking a course from Wharton school, and from adult learning perspective, more is expected than simply small lectures and few activities. Some areas that I see this may be improved...

1) Latest evidence based support (few articles/papers) on achievement and satisfaction (Success both parameters). This is widely discussed field as subjective and objective career success.

2) In addition to SAME - better instruments/scale those are easily available online.

3) Some better links to career related articles from Harvard/California management review or organization dynamics on the topics covered.