Back to Wine Tasting: Sensory Techniques for Wine Analysis

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Wine Tasting: Sensory Techniques for Wine Analysis by University of California, Davis

With its roots in ancient cultures as early as 6,000 BC, wine has long been part of the human experience. Today, increasing worldwide interest in wine and its complexities and varieties has created an international market valued at $304 billion annually. For the learner who is just getting started in the study of wine, this course will help you take the first steps toward understanding the physiological process of wine tasting. The first module will explore types of wine and help you set up your own tasting. You’ll also begin to build a sensory vocabulary. In module 2 you will review classic wine types of the world and set up flights of specific wines. Later we’ll examine the various faults and defects that can appear in wine as well as techniques for spotting problems. In week 4 we’ll delve into the complex world of wine and food pairings, and its “seven deadly sins.” The course will culminate in a peer review project in which you will apply the knowledge and sensory techniques you have developed throughout the course to assess a specific wine....

AG
May 6, 2019

This is a great source of information about wine and of course wine tasting. The work to do home is very learning focus and this type of practice helps you grab the information and retain it.

TW
Oct 6, 2020

Awesome course. After this course I feel confident speaking to my guests about wine choices and can guide them towards a great food pairing. Thanks John, you are a great professor!

26 - 50 of 125 Reviews for Wine Tasting: Sensory Techniques for Wine Analysis

By kathleen j

Oct 14, 2020

I loved this course! I've learned so much and have a passion to continue learning about wine! I really enjoyed the professor and the content as well as the hands-on experiences and the final project! I have already recommended the course to friends!

By Konstantina F

Jan 2, 2021

It had been a nice experience to learn more about wines.

I will continue reading to learn more.

The time margins of the work made it a little difficult for me. I think we need more time

to consolidate what we have learned.

Thank you!

By Laura M

Sep 26, 2020

This was a great class. I learned technical terms, how to create aroma standards and how to pair wine with foods. I will definitely use what I have learned in this class. I really enjoyed this class it was a lot fun.

By Giovanni P

Dec 6, 2020

This course offers everyone the opportunity to enter the wonderful world of wine. The various lessons are very practical and immediately you begin to understand the basics of sensory tasting and how to increase them.

By VIHANG G P

Jun 25, 2020

Its a wonderful, easy and simply awesome learning course for wine tasting. I would suggest all my friends and colleagues to take this course and enjoy the bliss of tasting wine and quench their thirst of happiness.

By Erika A

Apr 8, 2020

I really enjoyed this course. Great starter skills for wine tasting, very educational. Course taught me wonderful tasting skills and how to be more confident talking about wine! Totally would recommend.

By Tim W

Oct 7, 2020

By Danielle J

Jun 4, 2020

This was a fantastic course to learn more about the Wine Sensory techniques and how to differentiate between wines, find faults and learn about pairing wine with food.

By Jakub S

Feb 20, 2019

It's surprising how much you cen learn about sensory analysis online. Of course stationary course would be better in that area, but still this one is worth exploring.

By Maka T

May 4, 2020

This was one of the best wine educational course. The tutor Mr John Buechsenstein is mammalian speaker with huge knowledge!!! I am so Lucky to be his student <3

By Fernando J C G D P

Oct 7, 2020

This course was awesome, you learn a deep understanding on the sensorial appreciation of the wine, the way wine taste won't the same after this course.

By Claudio R

Jul 16, 2019

very interesting ha lot of useful information and tips about wine tasting!

I've enjoyed it and appreciated the simple but professional way to show them

By Svetlana S

Mar 30, 2018

Great course for the ones who want to understand their wines better, and for wine professionals who would like to do a bit of knowledge fresh-up.

By Tri T

Dec 28, 2020

This is an absolutely needed course for anyone who want to learn and know more about wine, winemaking and its variety. High recommended!

By Blessing N

Nov 2, 2020

It's very interesting, the method of presentation are great..the instructor made the course easy and all practical where detailed..

By David M D R

Aug 24, 2020

Amazing course. I am in the coffee business and this formal training in sensory analysis is going to be incredibly useful for me.

By Kristeva D

Apr 10, 2020

I learned so much and would recommend to anyone interested in Wine. But more importantly anyone who works in the beverage field!

By Tuğçe K

May 12, 2020

I am a gastronomy student. it benefited me a lot in terms of content and information. It was nice to attend this course.

By ARCHANA R

Aug 19, 2020

The course was really good and informative. it really helped me to understand many things. Thank you so much

By Nayeli C B

Aug 23, 2020

Really great course for learning more about wine analysis, wine tasting and types of wines and its regions.

By Demaine

Jul 21, 2020

Very clear, very informative and very funny! All what I have learned will be useful each time I drink wine!

By Charan R

very nice and useful course..good instructor to instruct us what to do..thank you sir..for your guidance

By Harman P

Jun 29, 2020

The course was full fledged but it lacked topics like how to store opened wines and in what conditions