Back to Wine Tasting: Sensory Techniques for Wine Analysis

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Wine Tasting: Sensory Techniques for Wine Analysis by University of California, Davis

With its roots in ancient cultures as early as 6,000 BC, wine has long been part of the human experience. Today, increasing worldwide interest in wine and its complexities and varieties has created an international market valued at $304 billion annually. For the learner who is just getting started in the study of wine, this course will help you take the first steps toward understanding the physiological process of wine tasting. The first module will explore types of wine and help you set up your own tasting. You’ll also begin to build a sensory vocabulary. In module 2 you will review classic wine types of the world and set up flights of specific wines. Later we’ll examine the various faults and defects that can appear in wine as well as techniques for spotting problems. In week 4 we’ll delve into the complex world of wine and food pairings, and its “seven deadly sins.” The course will culminate in a peer review project in which you will apply the knowledge and sensory techniques you have developed throughout the course to assess a specific wine....

AG

May 07, 2019

This is a great source of information about wine and of course wine tasting. The work to do home is very learning focus and this type of practice helps you grab the information and retain it.

LN

Aug 27, 2018

Excellent course. I tell everyone I know about it. It was was very informative, but also interactive, fun, with real-world applicability. Do yourself a favor and sign up!

26 - 44 of 44 Reviews for Wine Tasting: Sensory Techniques for Wine Analysis

By Jose a c

May 08, 2018

I would like to say THANK YOU to UC Davis and in particular to professor Buechsenstein. The course was fascinating. I have already earned this year my WSET 1 certification and I was looking to further expand my knowledge about analyizing wines and their aromas/flavors like professional reviewers do. This course was a great way to start; I learned so much in terms of information and how to have a professional framework to analyze wines from a sensory perspective. The combination of theory and practice was perfect and it really helped me to understand (and make mistakes) about the concepts that were discussed. Now, there is now so much more that I want to learn. Overall, excellent course, Cheers, Jose Cubillos.

By Christopher V

Mar 12, 2018

Great course. Very informative and well presented.

By Samuel V

Jan 30, 2018

Fue muy importe para ampliar mi conocimiento del vino, muy recomendado.

By Debora G S

Nov 08, 2018

It´s amazing!

By Diane W

Nov 16, 2018

I have already learned so much.

By Evgeny K

Aug 02, 2018

Excellent.. Very interesting...

Thank you for my revelation the WineWorld

By Duc T N

Jul 21, 2018

Asolutely great! Thanks lecturer and Coursera team for creating a great course.

By Michalis G

May 06, 2019

Great course!

By José A M A

Jul 16, 2019

Good course, accurate information

By Claudio R

Jul 16, 2019

very interesting ha lot of useful information and tips about wine tasting!

I've enjoyed it and appreciated the simple but professional way to show them

By Maurice M

Nov 18, 2019

great

By David D

Apr 11, 2017

Impressive, one learns a great deal about tasting techniques but also the basics of grape and wine variations. I just wish I had a better for detecting the aromas!

By Jonathan G

Feb 18, 2018

fascinating course

By Catherine S

Jul 06, 2017

I really enjoyed this course, however, I didn't like how you had to fully buy the course in order to get all the content.

By Nicolás L

Jun 05, 2017

Very nice course!

By Vincent L

Feb 19, 2018

It is difficult getting your hands on the wine and equipment.

By Fantasoh

Aug 24, 2019

A bit boring and I thought coursera courses should be free but this one starts charging. Down vote