Back to Wine Tasting: Sensory Techniques for Wine Analysis

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Wine Tasting: Sensory Techniques for Wine Analysis by University of California, Davis

With its roots in ancient cultures as early as 6,000 BC, wine has long been part of the human experience. Today, increasing worldwide interest in wine and its complexities and varieties has created an international market valued at $304 billion annually. For the learner who is just getting started in the study of wine, this course will help you take the first steps toward understanding the physiological process of wine tasting. The first module will explore types of wine and help you set up your own tasting. You’ll also begin to build a sensory vocabulary. In module 2 you will review classic wine types of the world and set up flights of specific wines. Later we’ll examine the various faults and defects that can appear in wine as well as techniques for spotting problems. In week 4 we’ll delve into the complex world of wine and food pairings, and its “seven deadly sins.” The course will culminate in a peer review project in which you will apply the knowledge and sensory techniques you have developed throughout the course to assess a specific wine....

AG
May 6, 2019

This is a great source of information about wine and of course wine tasting. The work to do home is very learning focus and this type of practice helps you grab the information and retain it.

TW
Oct 6, 2020

Awesome course. After this course I feel confident speaking to my guests about wine choices and can guide them towards a great food pairing. Thanks John, you are a great professor!

51 - 75 of 128 Reviews for Wine Tasting: Sensory Techniques for Wine Analysis

By Charan R

very nice and useful course..good instructor to instruct us what to do..thank you sir..for your guidance

By Marwan Y S

Feb 8, 2021

Excellent Explanation, the persons in charge and the professor who gave the course are great.

Well done

By Harman P

Jun 29, 2020

The course was full fledged but it lacked topics like how to store opened wines and in what conditions

By P s s

I really enjoyed the course. it was a stress buster for me and gave me a knowledge of different wines.

By YASH J

It was simply awesome the Professor was also too good at teaching the course. Thank you so much.!

By Dominik H

An excellent introductory course into the world of wine, beginning with wine tasting techniques

By Kostas L

Nov 23, 2020

An informative and inspiring course. Thank you for your shared knowledge and experiences!!!

By Ottavio A

Dec 3, 2018

I loved it from the beginning to the end! I complete course to start your Sommelier career!

By Michael H

I've been drinking and studying wines for 30 years and I still got a lot out this class.

By Aleksandr Z

Jan 18, 2017

It is a good and interesting course! Thank you for possibilityto become familiar!

By Duc T N

Jul 20, 2018

Asolutely great! Thanks lecturer and Coursera team for creating a great course.

By Graeme H

Apr 10, 2018

Good course - reviewed it only but may come back for the purchased version.

By Evgeny K

Aug 2, 2018

Excellent.. Very interesting...

Thank you for my revelation the WineWorld

By DIANA B

Great course if you're a wine lover and want to improve your knowledge!

By Samuel V

Jan 29, 2018

Fue muy importe para ampliar mi conocimiento del vino, muy recomendado.

By Francesco B

May 5, 2020

Excellent, I will definitively suggest it to colleagues and friends.

By KARINA R

Jan 6, 2021

Great course, with great practical activities. I enjoyed a lot of.

By particle p

Nov 18, 2020

Among the courses I took here, this was my favorite course.

By Federico A L S C

Jun 28, 2020

I enjoyed this course a lot, and I strongly recommend it.

By SHAOLI B

Feb 4, 2021

IT WAS TRULY AN AMAIZING COURSE & HELPED ME LEARN A LOT.

Mar 26, 2018

Excellent course....highly informative!! Thank you....

By Meghan R

Mar 20, 2017

Great class. Activities really enhanced the learning.

By Christopher V

Mar 12, 2018

Great course. Very informative and well presented.

By Alade M P

Sep 12, 2020

Its a very intresting course, and I learnt a lot

By Nattawoot D

Sep 24, 2017

This course is very useful for my career path!