Back to Write A Feature Length Screenplay For Film Or Television

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Write A Feature Length Screenplay For Film Or Television by Michigan State University

Write a Full Length Feature Film Script In this course, you will write a complete, feature-length screenplay for film or television, be it a serious drama or romantic comedy or anything in between. You’ll learn to break down the creative process into components, and you’ll discover a structured process that allows you to produce a polished and pitch-ready script by the end of the course. Completing this project will increase your confidence in your ideas and abilities, and you’ll feel prepared to pitch your first script and get started on your next. This is a course designed to tap into your creativity and is based in "Active Learning". Most of the actual learning takes place within your own activities - that is, writing! You will learn by doing. Here is a link to a TRAILER for the course. To view the trailer, please copy and paste the link into your browser. https://vimeo.com/382067900/b78b800dc0 Learner review: "Love the approach Professor Wheeler takes towards this course. It's to the point, easy to follow, and very informative! Would definitely recommend it to anyone who is interested in taking a Screenplay Writing course! The course curriculum is simple: We will adopt a professional writers room process in which you’ll write, post your work for peer review, share feedback with your peers and revise your work with the feedback you receive from your peers. That's how we do it in the real world. You will feel as if you were in a professional writers room yet no prior experience as a writer is required. I'm a proponent of Experiential Learning (Active Learning). My lectures are short (sometimes just two minutes long) and to the point, designed in a step-by-step process essential to your success as a script writer. I will guide you but I won’t "show" you how to write. I firmly believe that the only way to become a writer is to write, write, write. Learner Review: "I would like to thank this course instructor. It's an amazing course" What you’ll need to get started: As mentioned above, no prior script writing experience is required. To begin with, any basic word processor will do. During week two, you can choose to download some free scriptwriting software such as Celtx or Trelby or you may choose to purchase Final Draft, the industry standard, or you can continue to use your word processor and do your own script formatting. Learner Review: "Now I am a writer!" If you have any concerns regarding the protection of your original work, Coursera's privacy policy protects the learner's IP and you are indeed the sole owners of your work....

DM

Jun 24, 2020

Great course well recommended i did the Transmedia writing course before taking Write A Feature Length Screenplay For Film Or Television and have enjoyed them both

Love it... This is my second time taking his course. I look forward to the next.

1 - 17 of 17 Reviews for Write A Feature Length Screenplay For Film Or Television

By Kannan V

Jun 06, 2020

David,

Thank you so much!

But for your guidance, I wouldn’t feel as happy as I feel today. The way you taught to break down the components of my own writing will definitely help me in whatever I write from now on. I’m gonna’ recommend my friends who are aspiring to take screen writing as their career to take your course.

I don’t know how I’ve fared as a screenwriter as this is my maiden attempt. But I’m sure I’ve learnt the basic grammar of Screenwriting through a well structured course and from a fantastic Master.

Thank you David, my Master!

By Faridul A S

Apr 22, 2020

At first, I would like to thank this course instructor. It's an amazing course I have ever completed. Yep, this course surely helps me in the near future when I will scripting my own fiction feature film. Now I know which areas should be focused while scripting. Of course, regular writing is necessary to improve my scriptwriting skills.

By Brigit C

Love the approach Wheeler takes towards this course. It's to the point, easy to follow, and very informative! Overall, would definitely recommend it to anyone who is interested in taking a Screenplay Writing course!

By David M

Jun 24, 2020

By Prachi G

Jul 13, 2020

A wonderful and must course for every writer who wishes to write for television.

By Shaunda

By Kamil S M T

Jul 03, 2020

Writing is discipline, this is what you'll learn in this amazing course.

By Mancilio

Jun 28, 2020

Very helpful and the feed back from ones peers is fantastic.

By siva s B

May 08, 2020

perfect

By Gus H

Aug 06, 2020

I enjoyed this course. I've always struggled to actually sit down, make time for myself, and use that time to productively write. This course gives its students an easy, and easily-replicated, schedule/formula to follow in order to actually create a feature-length screenplay. I have now written a feature-length script, something I had always wanted to do but had never actually done, and this course was the impetus for doing that. I will say, given how much importance the course places on collaboration, the effort some of my peers put in to the course was at times frustrating. An important part of the course is reviewing the work of your peers and receiving feedback from them on your own work. I frequently received feedback on large chunks of my screenplay that was literally one word: "good," "nice." It was incredibly frustrating, especially since the aim of the course should be to provide you with as much experience writing and reviewing screenplays as possible, rather than accumulating a grade value (honestly, your grade in this course does not affect any sort of grade point average, it does not count towards a degree, if you half-ass your way through this course, it negatively affects both you and your peers who are putting more into it and hoping to get more out of it). Additionally, it would be helpful to learn about screenplay formatting before going into this course. The instructor doesn't spend much time explaining the intricacies of the format, which makes it a little harder to adequately begin writing and reviewing a screenplay.

By Shoxista

Aug 11, 2020

zXZXZXZX

By Sathish k Y

Jul 28, 2020

better

By ASHNA G

Jun 14, 2020

I t is good enriching course and happy to learn new skills

By Kim M J

Jun 02, 2020

It got me to write, so that's been great.

But there have been three instances now of trying to upload submissions and being unable to because of technical issues on your end. I tried to extend the course so I could address these issues and finish up, but it only gives me an option to "rate" the course. I'm frustrated putting in countless hours and not having the technical capacity to finish. It would be great to have a text to accompany the course so one could learn the actual technical aspects of screenwriting. Do you have texts you recommend (besides Syd Field?).