Back to Business Writing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Business Writing by University of Colorado Boulder

Writing well is one of the most important skills you can develop to be successful in the business world. Over seventy companies and twenty thousand students--from professional writers to new employees to non-native English speakers to seasoned executives--have used the techniques in Business Writing to power their ability to communicate and launch their ideas. This course will teach you how to apply the top ten principles of good business writing to your work, how to deploy simple tools to dramatically improve your writing, and how to execute organization, structure, and revision to communicate more masterfully than ever. From the very first lesson, you'll be able to apply your new learning immediately to your work and improve your writing today. Your ideas are powerful. Learn how to deliver them with the clarity and impact they deserve. "Thank you for giving me the knowledge I need in life. [Business Writing] was helpful, life changing, and has made a huge impact in my writing." -- Message from a Business Writing student The principles you'll learn in this course enable you to become a great business writer. They also provide the foundation for moving into Graphic Design and Successful Presentation, so that you can unleash your best professional self whenever--and however--you present your ideas in the workplace....

YS

Jun 12, 2017

It was an exceptional course with lots to take away from. It taught basic building blocks of business writing and then built upon it which provided a great way to self learn the content of the course.

JS

Jan 10, 2018

Even if English is your first language, this course was a great refresher of how to apply writing skills to email and business documents. I would recommend to anyone looking to sharpen their skills.

326 - 350 of 366 Reviews for Business Writing

By Iman A

Aug 08, 2017

The course is great in terms of content and engaging lectures, but I wish some of the assignments weren't peer-graded only. It's always more useful to get feedback from a professional person, an expert at their field. However, I really appreciate the constructive critique I received from my peers. Other than that, The course is perfect! Thanks to Coursera and Dr. Quintin.

By Antonio L N

Aug 08, 2017

Very useful business writing techniques. I would have wanted the course to provide more specific advice on how to effectively translate complex ideas into clean, simple paragraphs.

By Raghav K

Dec 06, 2017

Could've had more practice quizzes.

By Shveta S

Jul 19, 2017

A quick review of core concepts to add clarity. Just wish it had more practical assignments that enabled us to test our skills.

By ZHANG H

Jan 21, 2017

Thanks you very much for teaching this course!

You taught this course well. First, you introduced the vital principals of good writing. Second, you taught scaffolding, a useful tool to organise. Third, you taught techniques for revision. Lastly, you link course to design and presentation, a natural extension of writing in business world today (how i wish to go back to the old days when there are no presentations).

I found the videos slightly too brief to let the idea or technique to sink in. This can be augmented by additional reading material. Also, to allow techniques become second nature, it will be even better if there are more exercises. A option to do more exercises can be a good idea. You can consider putting this into a book!

by the way, my scaffold below lol

-principals

-scaffold

-techniques for revision

-it links to graphic design and presentation

-more examples and practices

By Alwaleed K M D

Aug 02, 2017

A very interesting course that has changed my way of writing in general to more concise, easy-to-read and organized texts. Where writing is all about Quality not Quantity.

Big thanks to Dr. McAndrew,

By Lauren B

Feb 28, 2018

It was really helpful how simply Quentin broke it all down. It was not at all challenging, however. I also found it to be overly scripted. It was a good refresher course that could use some actual writing practice opportunities.

By Sarthak G

Dec 02, 2016

Excellent course to learn the basics of business writing.

By Mushtakhusen S M

May 25, 2017

Very good course

By Nooshin

Dec 01, 2017

It was a great course, but I think need more practice and assignments.

By Susmitha A

Feb 18, 2018

This is a good course for starters.

By Smrity M

Feb 25, 2018

Good but too basic

By Venkat G

Jul 20, 2018

The course is great . More examples and exercises would have been helpful to master the writing skills.

By Joyce S

Oct 16, 2018

This course helped provide important, timeless principles for business writing. Quentin's teaching methods are so enjoyable, it felt like a breeze going through the material, until you come across the difficult assignments! Has just the nice amount of pre-quiz lessons and homework at appropriate difficulty levels.

By Juan G

Oct 23, 2018

It is a good course that help on our

By Jake Z

Aug 29, 2018

I really liked the course but after completing week three and the "honor" part of the course I received no peer reviews (I did not wait until the last day).

By Ramsha A k

Nov 24, 2018

this course has polished my writing skill and let me learned healthy moral values

By KEIKO M S

Jun 20, 2019

The lectures are easy to understand and very simple, so I can practice

By Satheesh M

Jul 10, 2019

Its Good

By Nicole

May 29, 2019

great course! it's useful for my business wrti

By Casheera B

Jun 04, 2019

It was a great and interactive course. I love how the tutor made the concepts concise and comprehensive. I started the course a bit wary and intimidated but now I am confident.

By Mohamed Y M

Aug 05, 2019

best of the best thank you

By Jean J R I

Aug 15, 2019

Thank you for this amazing experience in writing skills! I learned a lot

By Ahmed A A M

Aug 24, 2019

we need more information in using punctuation