Back to Getting Started with R

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Getting Started with R by Coursera Project Network

4.3

In this 2 hour-long project, you will learn the basics of R programming language. In addition, you will take your first steps in the use of R programming language for Data Analysis. By the end of this 2-hour long project, you will understand how to use the R GUI called R studio. By extension, you will learn the different data types and data structures used in R. Finally, you will learn how to install packages and how to import data sets into the R studio work space. This course is aimed at learners who are looking to get started with the R programming language. There are no hard prerequisites and any competent computer user should be able to complete the project successfully....

SC
Feb 20, 2021

Thank you for this short beginner's course. I loved the way you have explained it in detail as being very new and had very little knowledge about R programming. Thank you for sharing your knowledge.

AY
Dec 3, 2020

The best R tutorial i've come across so far. The course structure is sequencially well structured and the hands on practice platform and video tutorials are excellent

1 - 25 of 38 Reviews for Getting Started with R

By Thomas S

Jan 18, 2021

While the "walk-through" software used to facilitate learning is pretty cool, I found the instructor's spoken English difficult to understand and his teaching style rather dull. He simply worked through a long list of tasks with no narrative to explain why each skill might be useful in practice. The course was somewhat useful for learning to navigate the R Studio platform but it was not useful for actually using it in practice. For that, I have found far more success using self-guided work-throughs of online resources or exercises in Andy Field's Discovering Statistics Using R textbook.

By Алина К

Nov 29, 2020

Unfortunately, the lecturer's accent is very distracting and I couldn't focus... If I had a chance to listen to his English prior to the enrolment, I wouldn't pay for the course.

By Karlo A L

Oct 14, 2020

Easy to follow and covers the basic of the basics. Also serves as a good refresher for those who haven't worked with R in a long time.

By Vasileios S

Feb 25, 2021

The accent of the instructor was bad and sometimes he was making minor mistakes during the lectures, making the course very difficult to attend properly. I lost my patience half way and couldn't keep up. It's a pity though, because it's a good introductory course for R (I especially liked the side-by-side video with the interface were I could code in real-time).

By Mahfuza I

Oct 12, 2020

This is not worth the money.

By Igor S

Feb 28, 2021

This is a perfect first step in R. The basics are explained clearly, something that some other courses, that focus on more advanced features, lack. Good pace and convenient to use technology. Recommended for any beginner (even if you know a little about R but still struggle with concepts).

By Alexander K K Y

Dec 4, 2020

By Jorybell M

Oct 17, 2020

A good start in learning R

By Surbhi K

Oct 5, 2020

I really enjoy this course

By Ronald U

Sep 15, 2020

Excelente curso

By Karin G

Feb 5, 2021

Thank you for the Course! As in some R courses I know, it starts at a good pace and then quickly becomes too fast for beginners. It would be important to give an example of what you can do with it to get away from the abstract level. Also it would be helpful to know where to store and retrieve the scripts. Where can you get an overview of the r commands? Hints on the correct spelling would be important! Space, Ctrl Enter... etc.

By Michael H

Jan 5, 2021

This a short and sweet course that provides a great primer for R. It focuses strictly on the essentials/basics, such as how to create objects, subset data frames and import files. The instructor approaches the course as if you've never used R before, and even though I have some R experience, I still found myself learning quite a few useful tricks and some new functions. Thanks for the great course!

By Supatra C

Feb 21, 2021

By Anvar A

Dec 2, 2020

Awesome course. I appreciate your explanation everything by details and I advise everyone who has just started learning the R language.

By Marvin L O

Nov 4, 2020

I am now equipped with the foundational knowledge to start using R in my work as a researcher in a university. Thank you!

By Elisa C

Mar 30, 2021

I didn't where to start learning R, this is such a great way to start R course for super beginners like me

By Nathan S

Mar 17, 2021

Good introduction to R, I learned all the basics necessary to get started. Instructor was very clear

By Atanda S S

Jan 19, 2021

In this course,have learnt about how R works,the data types,data structures and it uses

By Shirly L

Jun 6, 2021

It's very helpful to people who are new to R. Thank you for offering this project!

By Carlos P

Apr 26, 2021

Me Pareció un curso un poco complejo pero que ayuda mucho en el ámbito laborar

By Faheem M

Feb 12, 2021

It was very interesting and easy to learn. The was he explained was very good

By Hewa M R P P

Apr 20, 2021

This is awesome. Provide basic knowledge about the R programming.

By Neo Y

Dec 20, 2020

Easy intro very beginner friendly. Had great experience.

By Ulises M G

Mar 28, 2021

Excellent course for complete beginners, from scratch.

By Li-Jing C

Jan 19, 2021

Good class, you have to try if you are beginner in R!!