Back to Getting Started with Power BI Desktop

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Getting Started with Power BI Desktop by Coursera Project Network

In this 2-hour long project-based course, you will learn the basics of using Power BI Desktop software. We will do this by analyzing data on credit card defaults with Power BI Desktop. Power BI Desktop is a free Business Intelligence application from Microsoft that lets you load, transform, and visualize data. You can create interactive reports and dashboards quite easily, and quickly. We will learn some of the basics of Power BI by importing, transforming, and visualizing the data. This course is aimed at learners who are looking to get started with the Power BI Desktop software. There are no hard prerequisites and any competent computer user should be able to complete the project successfully. Note: This course works best for learners who are based in the North America region. We’re currently working on providing the same experience in other regions....

AZ
Nov 16, 2020

Simple, easy and short course. Would definitely recommend it if you were looking to learn about power BI in a short period. Very informative and provide good explanation of the basics of the software,

CG
Jul 25, 2020

Perfect Guided Project if you want to get yourself familiarize with working knowledge of PowerBI maybe for a specific task. However, for a detailed understanding, this may not be of much help.

1 - 25 of 361 Reviews for Getting Started with Power BI Desktop

By Shrinidhi R

Jun 23, 2020

Gives you a basic understanding of PowerBI, Very good pacing for starters

By Julia V

Jun 17, 2020

It is a perfect teaser for Power BI and makes you want to use the tool right away. It provides the basics in a very nice way and it was easy to do the excercises while following the video.

By Sagar G S

Jul 11, 2020

Gives the right amount of basic overview for understanding Power BI. A good crash course (video?) sort of thing for someone who wants to understand what Power BI is about and its capabilities. However, the interface for this project was annoying. Also, was unable to download files back to my local computer. If that was restricted on purpose, a simple pop up to say the same would have been good.

By VAIBHAV B

Jul 20, 2020

More in depth knowledge and hands on for covering all the functionalities will be required. This project is just a simple introduction to the Power BI.

By Diti M

Aug 3, 2020

This course can be made more difficult and exploring more options should be made available of the tool

By Johnson F

Jun 17, 2020

In one hour, I was exposed to this data visualisation platform. Some of the visuals inside the Power BI looks very similar to the pivot tables in Excel. I am glad to have seen how Power BI expands upon the pivot table functionality in Excel, ie the filled shapes and cards functionality. Overall, I would recommend this to someone who is learning Excel as well so they have another Microsoft tool under their skillset.

By Adriana

Jul 24, 2020

El curso es ideal para personas que quieren saber lo básico de Power BI. No es exigente y creo que no es para personas que tengan conocimientos sobre esto y quieran algo más exigente. El profesor enseña bien y la pantalla dividida sirve demasiado. Lo único es que nunca supe como hacer para que mi pantalla de la izquierda se vea más grande. No podía editar bien mi archivo porque no veía bien las letras.

By Juana E A T

Sep 14, 2020

The course was totally worth it. It was slow enough for any beginner to grasp the main concepts and actually learn at the end. The price also makes one just want to give it a try, finding out the instructor was good came as an added bonus. I hope there will be another course, something a little more advanced and longer, to continue building one's proficiency.

By Consuelo D M B

Jun 25, 2020

The instructor provided a nice coverage of examples to demonstrate different functionality and spoke at a good speed. The class was short enough at 2 hours for what I needed to grasp the concept and get started on my own. I would look forward to this instructor expanding on more advanced level topics on Power BI Desktop.

By Nora L V L

Oct 4, 2020

I loved this course! Lately we´ve had the need at work to perform more analysis based on power Bi tools but there is little to no guidance for it and the courses that we have are way too difficult but this one gave me the baby steps I needed to start creating my own little score cards and practice them.

By Juan P

Jun 26, 2020

He aprendido los elementos básicos de la la herramienta Power BI.

Fue bastante claro y metódico la exposición del profesor.

No obstante, no me quedo claro desde el comienzo la disponibilidad de la interfaz de practica y no estuvo disponible desde algún momento.

By Yolanda F

Sep 28, 2020

Excellent instructor! Everything was well-explained. Love the double-window interface used for this project and the window's ability to move with instructor's mouse. Will definitely recommend this course to my colleagues and try more projects!

By Weng H W

Aug 22, 2020

Simple, concise explanations that sufficiently guide a total beginner like me throughout the whole project, which makes it really easy to understand and follow! Really recommend this course to anyone out there who is looking to learn PowerBI!

By Mainak C

Jul 8, 2020

The guided project is a good start for all who are new to the Power BI. The main advantage is that we don't need to install any additional software, everything works in the cloud desktop. It was quite fun to do the project.

By Tharuka N

Aug 6, 2020

I wanted to refresh my knowledge of PowerBI Report creation. This is accomplished by the guided project with hands-on experience. Thank you so much for the time, resources, and effort of the instructor. Awesome course.

By PAOLO B L V

Jul 4, 2020

Excellent tool for the development of the area of Data Analysis and professional development.

I would like to thank you for the course, as it has been an excellent learning.

Greetings from Chile!

By Chaitanya G

Jul 26, 2020

By Beatriz N A

Sep 7, 2020

I loved it! I didn't know anything of Power BI e this course it was a great start. The instructor is really good, in a few time you learn a lot doing your own Power BI visualization.

By Almog Z

Sep 23, 2020

Well explaind and demonstraited. Thank you!

Small note for improvment, for my opinion the course should explaind more ways to import files into Power BI( such via SQL, excle etc..)

By Erika X R G

Aug 11, 2020

It was a really nice way to learn the basics about Power BI Desktop and this course gave me the tools to understand how to use it for my profesional reports. I really enjoyed it!

By Laiba K

Jun 26, 2020

Just the right course to get started with Power BI! I appreciate the way the project was structured by Amit Yadav sir. The instructor's teaching was great and easy to understand.

By Anoop B

Jul 2, 2020

Amazing introduction and walk through of a real life project. The course covers a really good amount of Power BI features in a really short span of time. Definitely recommended!

By Aditya T

Nov 1, 2020

I think the guided project was just right and the instructor had built a foundation for my future. This guided project was helpful in every aspect and will ensure that I have a lead over my colleagues in my workplace.

Thanks for this course.

By Abd A Z

Nov 17, 2020

By Thiago L F P

Sep 9, 2020

Very good introduction of Power BI that gives a great overview to beginners, but if you need something more deep and complex you might have to do another complementary course.