- Design equivalent-circuit models for lithium-ion battery cells
- Implement state-of-charge estimators for lithium-ion battery cells
- Understand how lithium-ion battery cells work and basic requirements of battery-management systems
- Implement state-of-health estimators for lithium-ion battery cells
- Understand balancing requirements and implement power estimators for lithium-ion battery packs
- Understand the requirements of a battery-management system
- Understand how lithium-ion battery cells work
- How to implement state-of-charge (SOC) estimators for lithium-ion battery cells
- How to implement state-of-health (SOH) estimators for lithium-ion battery cells
- How to design balancers and power-limits estimators for lithium-ion battery packs
Algorithms for Battery Management Systems Specialization
Get Started in Algorithms for Battery Management. Learn how to model lithium-ion battery cells, and how to use those models to manage battery packs
What you will learn
How to design equivalent-circuit models for lithium-ion battery cells
How to implement state-of-charge (SOC) estimators for lithium-ion battery cells
How to implement state-of-health (SOH) estimators for lithium-ion battery cells
How to design balancers and power-limits estimators for lithium-ion battery packs
Skills you will gain
About this Specialization
Applied Learning Project
Learners will start with supplied code templates (in the Octave/MATLAB language) to build their own code to simulate lithium-ion battery cells and packs, and to estimate battery cell state-of-charge, state-of-health (capacity and resistance), remaining energy, and available power.
How the Specialization Works
A Coursera Specialization is a series of courses that helps you master a skill. To begin, enroll in the Specialization directly, or review its courses and choose the one you'd like to start with. When you subscribe to a course that is part of a Specialization, you’re automatically subscribed to the full Specialization. It’s okay to complete just one course — you can pause your learning or end your subscription at any time. Visit your learner dashboard to track your course enrollments and your progress.
Every Specialization includes a hands-on project. You'll need to successfully finish the project(s) to complete the Specialization and earn your certificate. If the Specialization includes a separate course for the hands-on project, you'll need to finish each of the other courses before you can start it.
Earn a Certificate
When you finish every course and complete the hands-on project, you'll earn a Certificate that you can share with prospective employers and your professional network.
There are 5 Courses in this Specialization
Introduction to battery-management systems
Equivalent Circuit Cell Model Simulation
Battery State-of-Charge (SOC) Estimation
Battery State-of-Health (SOH) Estimation
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the refund policy?
Can I just enroll in a single course?
Is financial aid available?
Can I take the course for free?
Is this course really 100% online? Do I need to attend any classes in person?
How long does it take to complete the Specialization?
What background knowledge is necessary?
Do I need to take the courses in a specific order?
Will I earn university credit for completing the Specialization?
What will I be able to do upon completing the Specialization?
More questions? Visit the Learner Help Center.