Back to Advanced Data Structures in Java

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Advanced Data Structures in Java by University of California San Diego

How does Google Maps plan the best route for getting around town given current traffic conditions? How does an internet router forward packets of network traffic to minimize delay? How does an aid group allocate resources to its affiliated local partners? To solve such problems, we first represent the key pieces of data in a complex data structure. In this course, you’ll learn about data structures, like graphs, that are fundamental for working with structured real world data. You will develop, implement, and analyze algorithms for working with this data to solve real world problems. In addition, as the programs you develop in this course become more complex, we’ll examine what makes for good code and class hierarchy design so that you can not only write correct code, but also share it with other people and maintain it in the future. The backbone project in this course will be a route planning application. You will apply the concepts from each Module directly to building an application that allows an autonomous agent (or a human driver!) to navigate its environment. And as usual we have our different video series to help tie the content back to its importance in the real world and to provide tiered levels of support to meet your personal needs....

DB

Oct 13, 2017

Great into to Java, instructors have clearly put thought in to the format with the choose your own learning style videos, and additional coverage where it may be needed. These have been very helpful.

SU

Jun 08, 2017

Fantastic course! I would recommend to anyone interested in learning the graph data structure in a fun and hands-on and engaging way! Definitely one of the best courses I have followed on Coursera.

1 - 25 of 231 Reviews for Advanced Data Structures in Java

By Venkata R S

Apr 14, 2019

As I keep completing the assignment, I got more confident on my Java and debugging skills. I would recommend solidifying your undestanding of the Data Structures

By ankit a

Jun 20, 2019

good course with requisite theory,proper guidance and application based problems

By ABHISHEK K M

Dec 18, 2018

I have an enriching experience that I have been through these days during the course. I am elated that I found some well explained concepts along with solid implementation scenario in each week. I have got to work on intense cool projects . Assignments were as per to the real life scenario with concrete match up. I am overly elated to be a student of this valuable praiseworthy course. Thanks again for framing such an incredible course.

Best Regards,

Abhishek Kumar Mandal

(https://abhishek-abhi.github.io/)

By Anurag N

Dec 23, 2018

Excellent course to improve your programming skills. The pedagogy and the content both are excellent. Although this isn't a course entered around UI development at all, one future enhancement could be to use a modern web app as the UI instead of desktop app.

By Richard O

Dec 10, 2018

Very interesting course. Inspiring lecturers. Nice challenges too, you really get into coding. It would even be better if students were invited too actually upload their week 6 assignment. I would love to share it and view other students submissions. But I had a really good time and would definitely recommend the course.

By David W

Jan 29, 2019

The map exercise that was used throughout this course was wonderful- it really helped me apply these concepts and algorithms to a real-world example that I could understand.

By Noah D G

Feb 04, 2019

This course was great! Loads of fun, most challenging course I have take in this specialization.

By Rakesh P

Nov 28, 2018

great

By Andrew E

Jan 24, 2019

Interesting close up on one particular data structure type (Graphs). Cool project that brings in real life applications of complex data structures.

By Oliver H

Feb 28, 2019

Good course structure and practice-oriented contents

By Pat C

Mar 05, 2019

very interesting and well structured course. Great teaching, content and exercises

By Marino V

Mar 15, 2019

Really great course.

Give you the possibility to taste real life problems.

By Natasa

Mar 18, 2019

So much great learning! Love the instructors - they make the courses so fun! Also love the projects - they are engaging and relevant!

By ANKIT P

Mar 19, 2019

VERY GOOD COURSE

By Selen T

Jan 15, 2019

It is really well prepared and useful!

By Jipeng C

Nov 30, 2018

Very good course. Through this course. I got the basic ideas of BFS and DFS and other algorithms instead of just know how to write them.

By 潘搏隆

Sep 04, 2018

the course is quite excellent!

By Rakesh K S

Aug 23, 2018

One of best course to get knowledge of a graph in java.

By Light0617

Sep 07, 2018

great course

By Sangil Y

Oct 03, 2018

I really enjoyed all of their courses in this specialization it's easily one of the best courses i had

By Volodymyr

Feb 15, 2016

Nice course.

By saket9450

Dec 22, 2015

best course ever seen

By aashrai r

Feb 09, 2016

The content is just amazing, and the teachers are so awesome prompted me to do more courses from UCSD

By Cinzano

Feb 06, 2016

Great courser, challenging assignment, but learnt a lot

By Yubo T