Back to Advanced Data Structures in Java

Advanced Data Structures in Java, University of California San Diego

About this Course

How does Google Maps plan the best route for getting around town given current traffic conditions? How does an internet router forward packets of network traffic to minimize delay? How does an aid group allocate resources to its affiliated local partners? To solve such problems, we first represent the key pieces of data in a complex data structure. In this course, you’ll learn about data structures, like graphs, that are fundamental for working with structured real world data. You will develop, implement, and analyze algorithms for working with this data to solve real world problems. In addition, as the programs you develop in this course become more complex, we’ll examine what makes for good code and class hierarchy design so that you can not only write correct code, but also share it with other people and maintain it in the future. The backbone project in this course will be a route planning application. You will apply the concepts from each Module directly to building an application that allows an autonomous agent (or a human driver!) to navigate its environment. And as usual we have our different video series to help tie the content back to its importance in the real world and to provide tiered levels of support to meet your personal needs....

By DB

Oct 13, 2017

Great into to Java, instructors have clearly put thought in to the format with the choose your own learning style videos, and additional coverage where it may be needed. These have been very helpful.

By SU

Jun 08, 2017

Fantastic course! I would recommend to anyone interested in learning the graph data structure in a fun and hands-on and engaging way! Definitely one of the best courses I have followed on Coursera.

212 Reviews

By ABHISHEK KUMAR MANDAL

Dec 18, 2018

I have an enriching experience that I have been through these days during the course. I am elated that I found some well explained concepts along with solid implementation scenario in each week. I have got to work on intense cool projects . Assignments were as per to the real life scenario with concrete match up. I am overly elated to be a student of this valuable praiseworthy course. Thanks again for framing such an incredible course.

Best Regards,

Abhishek Kumar Mandal

(https://abhishek-abhi.github.io/)

By Richard Osseweyer

Dec 10, 2018

Very interesting course. Inspiring lecturers. Nice challenges too, you really get into coding. It would even be better if students were invited too actually upload their week 6 assignment. I would love to share it and view other students submissions. But I had a really good time and would definitely recommend the course.

By Jipeng Chen

Nov 30, 2018

Very good course. Through this course. I got the basic ideas of BFS and DFS and other algorithms instead of just know how to write them.

By Rakesh Patidar

Nov 28, 2018

great

By jiangyuru

Oct 08, 2018

peer-view maybe cause the lateness of my certificate and maybe i should pay more money even if i have finished the course.

By Sangil Yun

Oct 03, 2018

I really enjoyed all of their courses in this specialization it's easily one of the best courses i had

By Light0617

Sep 07, 2018

great course

By 潘搏隆

Sep 04, 2018

the course is quite excellent!

By Rakesh Kumar Singh

Aug 23, 2018

One of best course to get knowledge of a graph in java.

By elwood fitton

Jun 27, 2018

good materials, learnt a lot but human interaction is a desert think this course is too old maybe