Back to Advanced Data Structures in Java

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Advanced Data Structures in Java by University of California San Diego

How does Google Maps plan the best route for getting around town given current traffic conditions? How does an internet router forward packets of network traffic to minimize delay? How does an aid group allocate resources to its affiliated local partners? To solve such problems, we first represent the key pieces of data in a complex data structure. In this course, you’ll learn about data structures, like graphs, that are fundamental for working with structured real world data. You will develop, implement, and analyze algorithms for working with this data to solve real world problems. In addition, as the programs you develop in this course become more complex, we’ll examine what makes for good code and class hierarchy design so that you can not only write correct code, but also share it with other people and maintain it in the future. The backbone project in this course will be a route planning application. You will apply the concepts from each Module directly to building an application that allows an autonomous agent (or a human driver!) to navigate its environment. And as usual we have our different video series to help tie the content back to its importance in the real world and to provide tiered levels of support to meet your personal needs....

DB

Oct 13, 2017

Great into to Java, instructors have clearly put thought in to the format with the choose your own learning style videos, and additional coverage where it may be needed. These have been very helpful.

SU

Jun 08, 2017

Fantastic course! I would recommend to anyone interested in learning the graph data structure in a fun and hands-on and engaging way! Definitely one of the best courses I have followed on Coursera.

1 - 25 of 229 Reviews for Advanced Data Structures in Java

By ankit a

Jun 20, 2019

good course with requisite theory,proper guidance and application based problems

By Stanislav

Jun 16, 2019

Useful course, but in one week can be problem with waiting for peer grade reviews

By Muhammet K G

Jun 05, 2019

Last weeks should had have a programming assignment, too. When the assignment is optiomal, it becomes a really hard work to do.

By Петухов И А

Jun 01, 2019

For me it was quite hard to understand some data structures because I did not attend the previous course on data structures. Despite that fact, I really enjoyed the course.

By Venkata R S

Apr 14, 2019

As I keep completing the assignment, I got more confident on my Java and debugging skills. I would recommend solidifying your undestanding of the Data Structures

By Vimal C

Mar 27, 2019

It's a very enjoyable course, very well delivered, loved it. Highly recommended for anyone interested in Computer Science.

Christine's lectures are the best. Mia's video lectures are also fine. Leo's video lectures don't come out too well as he doesn't look very comfortable doing video lectures!!

One suggestion - You can compress this to 5 weeks from 6 weeks, or include more material.

All together, excellent course.

By Prakash

Mar 27, 2019

Awesome course to explore real time applications of graphs, shortest path algorithms and np-hard problems such as Hamiltonian and TSP.

By ANKIT P

Mar 19, 2019

VERY GOOD COURSE

By Natasa

Mar 18, 2019

So much great learning! Love the instructors - they make the courses so fun! Also love the projects - they are engaging and relevant!

By Marino V

Mar 15, 2019

Really great course.

Give you the possibility to taste real life problems.

By Pat C

Mar 05, 2019

very interesting and well structured course. Great teaching, content and exercises

By Oliver H

Feb 28, 2019

Good course structure and practice-oriented contents

By Noah D G

Feb 04, 2019

This course was great! Loads of fun, most challenging course I have take in this specialization.

By David W

Jan 29, 2019

The map exercise that was used throughout this course was wonderful- it really helped me apply these concepts and algorithms to a real-world example that I could understand.

By Andrew E

Jan 24, 2019

Interesting close up on one particular data structure type (Graphs). Cool project that brings in real life applications of complex data structures.

By Selen T

Jan 15, 2019

It is really well prepared and useful!

By Anurag N

Dec 23, 2018

Excellent course to improve your programming skills. The pedagogy and the content both are excellent. Although this isn't a course entered around UI development at all, one future enhancement could be to use a modern web app as the UI instead of desktop app.

By ABHISHEK K M

Dec 18, 2018

I have an enriching experience that I have been through these days during the course. I am elated that I found some well explained concepts along with solid implementation scenario in each week. I have got to work on intense cool projects . Assignments were as per to the real life scenario with concrete match up. I am overly elated to be a student of this valuable praiseworthy course. Thanks again for framing such an incredible course.

Best Regards,

Abhishek Kumar Mandal

(https://abhishek-abhi.github.io/)

By Richard O

Dec 10, 2018

Very interesting course. Inspiring lecturers. Nice challenges too, you really get into coding. It would even be better if students were invited too actually upload their week 6 assignment. I would love to share it and view other students submissions. But I had a really good time and would definitely recommend the course.

By Jipeng C

Nov 30, 2018

Very good course. Through this course. I got the basic ideas of BFS and DFS and other algorithms instead of just know how to write them.

By Rakesh P

Nov 28, 2018

great

By jiangyuru

Oct 08, 2018

peer-view maybe cause the lateness of my certificate and maybe i should pay more money even if i have finished the course.

By Sangil Y

Oct 03, 2018

I really enjoyed all of their courses in this specialization it's easily one of the best courses i had

By Light0617

Sep 07, 2018

great course

By 潘搏隆

Sep 04, 2018

the course is quite excellent!