Back to Introduction to Human Behavioral Genetics

Introduction to Human Behavioral Genetics, University of Minnesota

About this Course

Behavioral genetic methodologies from twin and adoption studies through DNA analysis will be described and applied to address longstanding questions about the origins of individual differences in behavioral traits....

By MM

Sep 13, 2018

It is an amazing course. After this course, my perspective towards genetics and psychology have changed. Many thanks to Professor Matt McGue. He has been one amazing guide, for the subject.

By DS

Jun 06, 2017

The discussion board was not very active in this session/iteration, but the coarse was well put together, balanced and interesting. Hence, 5 stars!

49 Reviews

By Beatrice Moiny

Jan 17, 2019

I learned many things in this challenging class. One thing I regret is that there is no correction after the test is passed. A brief explanation of why I was wrong would have helped me. Thank you very much to Professor McGue and his team!

By Alexander Abi Saad

Jan 12, 2019

It was a very informative course. He explains concepts well. The required/recommended readings are quite interesting. Overall, I can say that I am even more into this fascinating topic after I took the course.

By Nataliya

Dec 22, 2018

Incredible lecturer!

By Myaad Saud

Dec 07, 2018

was useful course

By Emiel de Jonge

Nov 03, 2018

This is a great course. The lecturer is knowledgeable and honest. He treats all subjects critically and often looks at it from multiple perspectives. The only thing that could have improved on the course is that it has not been updated since 2014.

By Olga Lucía Herrera

Nov 02, 2018

Es un tema muy interesante donde se analizan la genética y el comportamiento desde un punto de vista fundamentalmente estadístico. Agradezco al Doctor Matt McGue , a su asistente y a Coursera

By MOHAMMAD ABDELGHAFFAR ATTIYA ELNAGGAR

Oct 18, 2018

Though the title says "introduction", but it is a very rich course.

Thank you.

By Vanessa Cristina de Carvalho Luz

Oct 13, 2018

I really enjoyed this course, I learned a lot of new things about human behavior and some about the genetics involved. The lessons were very engaging and well taught. Thank you Professor Matt McGue and to anyone involved, you did a really good job! Thanks!

By Malavika Suresh

Sep 23, 2018

An extremely interesting and thought provoking course!

By Manasapriya Manivannan