Back to Introduction to Human Behavioral Genetics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Human Behavioral Genetics by University of Minnesota

Behavioral genetic methodologies from twin and adoption studies through DNA analysis will be described and applied to address longstanding questions about the origins of individual differences in behavioral traits....

OO
Jun 13, 2019

This is a very interesting course. I've learned a lot and is helpful to understand how exactly genetics effects us and hat factors contribute to schizophrenia. Great course, would highly recommend!

NM
Nov 17, 2020

A really good course, and a very thorough work. Thank you for learning us not to conclude too fast and to include almost every subject within Human Behavioral Genetics, which is a complex subject.

26 - 50 of 141 Reviews for Introduction to Human Behavioral Genetics

By Lisa B

Oct 22, 2020

Excellent course. It is obvious that Prof. McCue has a tremendous enthusiasm for the subject. His lectures were clear and interesting. This course has provided me with a new understanding of the interrelationship between genetics and environment, specifically regarding behavior.

By Mariana P

May 7, 2020

¡Es un curso increíble! La calidad es demasiado buena; la metodología, los temas, las explicaciones, el orden, las lecturas y los exámenes, todo es en absoluto excelente. Todos estos aspectos permiten que el aprendizaje se desarrolle de manera clara. Definitivamente lo recomiendo.

By Jeanne P

Mar 22, 2021

Fascinating; beautifully presented and very informative. I learned soooo much and loved it. Absolutely wonderful.

I am disappointed that the course was developed in 2014 and there is not a second course to cover the huge field of genetic discoveries between 2014 and 2021.

By Namrata R

Sep 20, 2017

Very informative course. It made me question a lot of aspects about behavior and the professor of this course was very invested and tried giving as much exposure to his students. Would definitely recommend it if you're interested in genetics or human behavior

By Vanessa L

Oct 12, 2018

I really enjoyed this course, I learned a lot of new things about human behavior and some about the genetics involved. The lessons were very engaging and well taught. Thank you Professor Matt McGue and to anyone involved, you did a really good job! Thanks!

By Thais F d S

Jan 3, 2017

Totally awesome! Great content, great techer, all videos are very well organized and well-thought. There is no need to have any previal knowledge in genetics nor psicology, it is meant for anyone who wants to look at the world and people differently!

By Pamela A G

Jul 30, 2020

I find the course very interesting . Before taking the course I didn't really knew the importance and the correlation about genetics and psychology, and now I can say that I have a very new perspective about this field. I really have learned a lot.

By Kavya K

Jul 24, 2020

Wonderful course with engaging explanation! The subject of Behavioral Genetics is fascinating, and I would love to join, if there's an advance level course available. Thank you very much, Prof. Matt McGue, for keeping us excited for whole 8 weeks!

By Luong T

Feb 9, 2020

A very interesting subject which I figure out behavioural genetics, especially, in the aspect of the gene, environment, gene-environment correlation, gene-environment interaction. Good illustrated articles pick-up. Highlyrecommended!

By Tony A

Oct 8, 2017

Challenging and thought provoking course that worked for me professionally and personally. Sustained a high degree of interest and engagement throughout. Overall, one of my best Coursera experiences. Thanks to all involved.

By kalyani b

Jul 24, 2019

It's a good course to get acquainted with Genetics and it's effect on human behavior, what factors affect it.Coverage of topics and case studies/examples are good enough to get actual sense of all the theory in reality.

By Constantin Y P

Jul 20, 2019

Prof. Matt McGue is a highly skilled lecturer and I have enjoyed this course very much. I can recommend it to anyone who is interested in psychology, psychopathology, and genetics as well as the nature-nurture debate.

By Julie P

May 6, 2020

Really enjoyed learning about this. It's a couple years old already, so I hope they update it with new study data. Really good lecturer, and the Q&A sessions "Office Hours" really added a lot! Thanks so much!

By Alexander A S

Jan 12, 2019

It was a very informative course. He explains concepts well. The required/recommended readings are quite interesting. Overall, I can say that I am even more into this fascinating topic after I took the course.

By FATHIMATHUL F A K

You will definitely gain all the skills that are mentioned in the course outcomes. The professor is amazing and makes all the material easy to understand, even for beginners. Highly recommend this course <3

By Nermina M

Aug 20, 2017

This course was absolutely amazing and above my expectations. Special thanks to prof. McGue who did an amazing job of introducing us to basic concepts, methodology and findings in human behavioral genetics.

By olivier h

Feb 24, 2018

So far perfect!

The matter is quite challenging, but very well explained.

The course is well build, scaffolds perfectly, quizzes are well formed, and the content is perfectly well presented. A pleasure.

By Nicolas M

Nov 18, 2020

By Manasapriya M

Sep 13, 2018

It is an amazing course. After this course, my perspective towards genetics and psychology have changed. Many thanks to Professor Matt McGue. He has been one amazing guide, for the subject.

By U20161d036

Sep 24, 2020

Excelente curso de introducción, definitivamente sienta las bases para comprender mejor la realidad compleja del comportamiento humano y motiva para una posterior investigación sobre ello.

By Alise J

Nov 17, 2020

it was extremely interesting and offered a very wide insight in the topic. I especially liked the format of the lecture - as a personal conversation, that kept me engaged the whole time.

By Simge M V

Aug 8, 2020

It was a very informative course with relatively new findings. I enjoyed it very much and I would recommend the course to people who enjoy psychology and genetics at the same time.

By David S R P

Feb 7, 2021

One of the most complete, engaging and complete course that i have ever take here on Coursera. It is an excellent option if you are interested in the field of behavioral genetics.

By Carlos B

Apr 21, 2021

It was a enormous challenge to be able to follow the lessons, and most important, to start to think outside my own experience and get involved with this scientific tool.