Back to Introduction to Human Behavioral Genetics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Human Behavioral Genetics by University of Minnesota

Behavioral genetic methodologies from twin and adoption studies through DNA analysis will be described and applied to address longstanding questions about the origins of individual differences in behavioral traits....

OO

Jun 14, 2019

This is a very interesting course. I've learned a lot and is helpful to understand how exactly genetics effects us and hat factors contribute to schizophrenia. Great course, would highly recommend!

MM

Sep 13, 2018

It is an amazing course. After this course, my perspective towards genetics and psychology have changed. Many thanks to Professor Matt McGue. He has been one amazing guide, for the subject.

26 - 50 of 104 Reviews for Introduction to Human Behavioral Genetics

By kalyani b

Jul 24, 2019

It's a good course to get acquainted with Genetics and it's effect on human behavior, what factors affect it.Coverage of topics and case studies/examples are good enough to get actual sense of all the theory in reality.

By Constantin Y P

Jul 20, 2019

Prof. Matt McGue is a highly skilled lecturer and I have enjoyed this course very much. I can recommend it to anyone who is interested in psychology, psychopathology, and genetics as well as the nature-nurture debate.

By Julie P

May 07, 2020

Really enjoyed learning about this. It's a couple years old already, so I hope they update it with new study data. Really good lecturer, and the Q&A sessions "Office Hours" really added a lot! Thanks so much!

By Alexander A S

Jan 12, 2019

It was a very informative course. He explains concepts well. The required/recommended readings are quite interesting. Overall, I can say that I am even more into this fascinating topic after I took the course.

By FATHIMATHUL F A K

You will definitely gain all the skills that are mentioned in the course outcomes. The professor is amazing and makes all the material easy to understand, even for beginners. Highly recommend this course <3

By Nermina M

Aug 20, 2017

This course was absolutely amazing and above my expectations. Special thanks to prof. McGue who did an amazing job of introducing us to basic concepts, methodology and findings in human behavioral genetics.

By olivier h

Feb 24, 2018

So far perfect!

The matter is quite challenging, but very well explained.

The course is well build, scaffolds perfectly, quizzes are well formed, and the content is perfectly well presented. A pleasure.

By Manasapriya M

Sep 13, 2018

By Catherine J

Jul 26, 2020

The syllabus that was put together was very useful. I had a great time learning how psychology and genetics go hand in hand. Fascinated is the word I would love to use.

By Rob F

Jun 06, 2020

Very informative, well presented, engaging and appeared to be state-of-art when the course was produced. Great to be taught be someone who is a leader in the field.

By Madeleine F

Mar 18, 2020

Matt is absolutely fantastic at teaching- he is very engaging and great at explaining things and the course itself is fascinating. Thank you to Matt and Bridget!

By Niyati S

Sep 01, 2019

I loved this course because it made me think about topics and points that I had never considered before, and I think it's a really fascinating area of genetics.

By Divya S

Jun 06, 2017

The discussion board was not very active in this session/iteration, but the coarse was well put together, balanced and interesting. Hence, 5 stars!

By Pei-Jie, A

Dec 20, 2017

Become obsessed with the subject of behavioral genetics and have decided to take a major regarding such field!! An absolutely stellar course!!

By PRIYARANJAN P

Sep 09, 2018

excellent course but could use an update now in 2018. Or a follow up course thats builds on this course would be very interesting too.

By Sanjay R

Mar 26, 2020

I am a psychotherapist and I am a teacher at a public university in India and in both capacities I find this course very insightful.

By Samantha A

Sep 18, 2017

I had no idea what I was getting into... seemed an odd topic so I enrolled... pretty amazing stuff... too bad we know so little

By Shilpitha G

May 14, 2020

very glad i took up this course. it has immensely contributed in widening my knowledge about the field of behavioral genetics.

By WU T T

May 24, 2017

I am intrigued by this course and determined to learn more about this field in the future. Thank you Professor and your team.

By jyothi m

Jun 04, 2020

DETAILED EXPLANATION, REFERENCE MATERIAL BY PROF MATT

Thank you Professor Matt and other supportive staff

Enjoyed the course

By Viktorija C

Feb 19, 2017

Amazing... Thank you for beeing so pationate by the topic and keeping such complicating information so simple and clear.

By Terence B

May 17, 2017

As a complete novice to the subject I found the course very interesting, stimulating both academically and ethically.

By Ahmed H A

Sep 15, 2017

the course provides pretty good material that draw in all topics in the growing field of human behavioural genetics

By Candice T

Jun 05, 2020

Very informative for someone who had no clue what Behavioral Genetics even was! Thank you for so much information.

By Harshita K

Jun 28, 2020

Prof. McGue is really knowledgeable and it was a pleasure to learn about behavioural genetics. Thank you, Sir.