Back to Better Business Writing in English

Better Business Writing in English, Georgia Institute of Technology

About this Course

Do you need to write more easily and effectively in English? This course will provide the tools to help you do just that. You will develop your personal voice in your writing. You will develop strategies to plan and produce clear, understandable text. You will learn and practice specific writing skills to use in different types of business communications including cover letters, mission and vision statements, proposals , instructions and reports. You will organize, design and write clear text for Power Point Productions. Writing skills include how to choose correct noun and noun modifiers; how to choose correct verb forms and tenses; how to write a variety of clauses and sentences. As you work through the course, you will complete self- and peer-evaluations. Many of the peer assignments will have 2 or more options so that you can choose the best path depending on your current situation. Through a combination of lectures, quizzes, supplementary resources, practice and performance, you’ll gain the skills and confidence to write well in English for your business and professional purposes....

By AA

Jun 02, 2018

I came here from the course "Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone", and again, I'm really impressed. Really helpful courses, thank you so much!

By SV

Mar 13, 2018

Hello, This is really nice course. I have learned many rules of English language. I believe that the course likes ESL but more than ESL.

20 Reviews

By ruijuan zhang

Mar 23, 2019

Dear Amalia,

Thanks for the helpful and well-structured course. I really appreciate all of your efforts!

I am so enjoyed your lecture and have been benefited a lot from it. Thanks for being such a kind, patient and professional instructor! Xie xie! Thanks.

Ruijuan(Rachel) Zhang

By Jose

Mar 09, 2019

I really like it this program or course. is something that I really was looking for I think this is going to help me a lot because my career is base on business administration and accounting. I relay thank you Georgia Tech for this opportunity and the teachers or professor that helping with the course. Also courser who make possible this program and I know I will learn something new that I was missing as professional thank you very much to all who make possible this course.

By Basil Ali Hussein Al-Askary

Feb 28, 2019

Dear Instructor Amalia B. Stephens,

Firstly, I would like to salute you and all of the staff of Coursera. Also, I would like to thank you personally for such excellent and useful courses. Indeed you gave me useful instructions and information that will serve me and my customers for lifetime. I hope that I will have the chance to serve you or to return the favor in the nearest future.

Best regards

Basil A. Hussein AL-Askary

Mob. No. : +905374009094

By riaz ali

Feb 24, 2019

Easy and comprehansive

By Olga Pérez

Sep 07, 2018

It was very useful to me, thank you!

By Elena Z

Jul 09, 2018

Great course!

By Bhagatji Jimesh D

Jun 23, 2018

Nice

By Viet Tran

Jun 14, 2018

Great and helpful course.

By Christopher Jack Bernacki

Jun 09, 2018

Very good!

By Alaa al jassem al hihab

Jun 03, 2018

I liked it so much , I hope if you could create similar course