Back to C++ For C Programmers, Part A

C++ For C Programmers, Part A, University of California, Santa Cruz

4.4

About this Course

This course is for experienced C programmers who want to program in C++. The examples and exercises require a basic understanding of algorithms and object-oriented software....

116 Reviews

By Chuandong Tang

Dec 07, 2018

This is a GREAT course. First take, I never programed with C. I had sufficient experience with Python, R, Matlab etc. Even though the instructor continuously emphasize that attendants need at least 1 year experience in C (every time I heard it, I rolled my eyes), the assignments (Dijkstra and Jarnik-Prim) were not hardcore. The instructor also reviewed a LOT of contents from C, so I never felt disadvantaged. C++ is not a difficult language to learn (until now at least) and I felt joy. Even though I disagree with the order of some videos, they provide great assistance in finishing the homework. I spent almost 3 weekends and 2 nights of working days, so not that much time. I would like to thank the instructor for providing such a great opportunity on this platform.

By H MD IRFAN

Nov 30, 2018

Great

By Vijit Kumar

Nov 10, 2018

This course is a good warm-up for those who have been out of practice with programming.

By SHUBHAM KUMAR GUPTA

Oct 12, 2018

Good course

By Zhizhong Ding

Sep 20, 2018

Best C++ course I ever had

By Scott Pagington

Sep 07, 2018

This is a terrible course. The lectures are devoid of meaningful information, redundant at times and do not really follow a logical progression. The first HW assignment is trivial, then the 2nd is extremely difficult and time consuming. The most difficult task is just trying to figure out what the HW is really asking.

My main reason for taking this course versus taking one of the many highly rated free courses was the graded homework. I was hoping to get meaningful feedback on my coding so I could improve. Well, the homework is peer graded and the feedback is not very beneficial.

In short, a complete and total waste of time and money.

By weimian

Sep 02, 2018

no Chinese subtitles and it is really hard for me to figure all the English subtitles and knowledge. I feel that upset concerning no Chinese translation and I think it should be improved sooner or later. or Chinese learners like me would not learn as much as students who have English as their mother languages.

By Alexander Vaniev

Aug 28, 2018

Being a C programmer, I'm learning C++ and this course is very useful!!! Professor Pohl, you're a great lecturer, thank you!

By Nayan kumar

Aug 18, 2018

nice course

By Mangena Venu Madhavan

Aug 06, 2018

It is really a very good course and it will take us into real transition from c language to c++