Back to C++ For C Programmers, Part A

Learner Reviews & Feedback for C++ For C Programmers, Part A by University of California, Santa Cruz

4.4

This course is for experienced C programmers who want to program in C++. The examples and exercises require a basic understanding of algorithms and object-oriented software....

RH

Oct 17, 2016

Just right for programmers seeking to update their skills to the new V11 C++. I recommend getting the book by the author that helps along with a text or Coursera course on Algorithms.

GD

Mar 23, 2016

A much needed course for all those students who have strong fundamentals in C Programming but lack the OOP skills in C++.\n\nStill there is a scope of improvement.

1 - 25 of 128 Reviews for C++ For C Programmers, Part A

By Oguz K

Apr 28, 2019

Weak on C++, strong on graph theory.

By Ankit M

Apr 27, 2019

one of best course thanks for great learning

By Vishal C

Apr 23, 2019

Part A is not that interesting for me as I already have some C++ exp. But Part B seems promising. Plus most of the time in the video I have to see profession's face rather than C++ code.

By Kotipalli S S S P

Mar 15, 2019

Explanation is not up to the mark.Expecting more understandable lecture.

By Scott P

Sep 07, 2018

This is a terrible course. The lectures are devoid of meaningful information, redundant at times and do not really follow a logical progression. The first HW assignment is trivial, then the 2nd is extremely difficult and time consuming. The most difficult task is just trying to figure out what the HW is really asking.

My main reason for taking this course versus taking one of the many highly rated free courses was the graded homework. I was hoping to get meaningful feedback on my coding so I could improve. Well, the homework is peer graded and the feedback is not very beneficial.

In short, a complete and total waste of time and money.

By fn

Jan 22, 2018

This course is garbage. It doesn't cover or test ANY important feature of C++! No derived classes, no namespaces, no discussion of the STL or special member functions, just for a start.

There is no possible way that passing the practice final exam can be considered a meaningful for understanding C++.

By Manoel R

Nov 05, 2017

Horrible. There just a little of C++ on this course. Even the slides has typos which are not acceptable for a course representing an university. The C++ code are very weak as well. You WILL NOT learn C++ with this course.

By BIPUL M

Jun 14, 2019

Worst programming language teaching style ever.

By Sam

Jun 12, 2019

Professor Pohl is so calm and intuitive that just delivers the info right away. It's so smooth course as C engineer coming from Mechatronics major (missing a lot of graph theory and data structures). I'm glad that i was enrolled in the course and totally recommended! Points to improve: Codes representation could be improved for readability.

By YC X

Mar 28, 2019

Very good.

By Hamid M B

Mar 12, 2019

One of the great courses I have taken from coursera.

By Dimitris K

Jan 14, 2019

The video sessions are nice and very informative. However, the examples in the videos are a "toy" compared to the assignment of implementing a Monte Carlo simulation for Dijkstra's algo. The directions in the description of the assignment are very poorly written and the specs are blurry and difficult to clarify by yourself. The MST assignment is much easier, but still the directions are not well prepared.

By Chuandong T

Dec 07, 2018

This is a GREAT course. First take, I never programed with C. I had sufficient experience with Python, R, Matlab etc. Even though the instructor continuously emphasize that attendants need at least 1 year experience in C (every time I heard it, I rolled my eyes), the assignments (Dijkstra and Jarnik-Prim) were not hardcore. The instructor also reviewed a LOT of contents from C, so I never felt disadvantaged. C++ is not a difficult language to learn (until now at least) and I felt joy. Even though I disagree with the order of some videos, they provide great assistance in finishing the homework. I spent almost 3 weekends and 2 nights of working days, so not that much time. I would like to thank the instructor for providing such a great opportunity on this platform.

By H M I

Nov 30, 2018

Great

By Vijit K

Nov 10, 2018

This course is a good warm-up for those who have been out of practice with programming.

By SHUBHAM K G

Oct 12, 2018

Good course

By Zhizhong D

Sep 20, 2018

Best C++ course I ever had

By weimian

Sep 02, 2018

no Chinese subtitles and it is really hard for me to figure all the English subtitles and knowledge. I feel that upset concerning no Chinese translation and I think it should be improved sooner or later. or Chinese learners like me would not learn as much as students who have English as their mother languages.

By Alexander V

Aug 28, 2018

Being a C programmer, I'm learning C++ and this course is very useful!!! Professor Pohl, you're a great lecturer, thank you!

By Nayan k

Aug 18, 2018

nice course

By Mangena V M

Aug 06, 2018

It is really a very good course and it will take us into real transition from c language to c++

By Keerti R k

Jul 23, 2018

good and nice for programmers