Back to Data Management for Clinical Research

Data Management for Clinical Research, Vanderbilt University

About this Course

This course presents critical concepts and practical methods to support planning, collection, storage, and dissemination of data in clinical research. Understanding and implementing solid data management principles is critical for any scientific domain. Regardless of your current (or anticipated) role in the research enterprise, a strong working knowledge and skill set in data management principles and practice will increase your productivity and improve your science. Our goal is to use these modules to help you learn and practice this skill set. This course assumes very little current knowledge of technology other than how to operate a web browser. We will focus on practical lessons, short quizzes, and hands-on exercises as we explore together best practices for data management....

By NS

Mar 01, 2017

I find the course helpful and a good introduction into data management. I'm hoping that there is a follow up course to take us further and deeper in planning for a study and data analysis.

By PM

Oct 11, 2017

I enjoyed the course very much and I learned a lot! I would definitely recommend it to someone that wants to get some background knowledge about clinical research and data management.

134 Reviews

By vinuthna akinapelli

Mar 24, 2019

The course was very informative.

Looking forward to do many more courses in future as well!!

By Christa Ochoa

Mar 19, 2019

Lots of great information. Wish we could go into more detail on certain topics, like conducting data audits that would be really practical in a real-world setting. Also wish discussions were more lively.

By Andres Leonardo Pinzon Parada

Mar 11, 2019

I give 5 stars to this course because the information was precise, accurate, not to repetitive and since I already have background on this topic I understood deeply some scenarios, they were clear. Thank you

By Tabitha Sleap

Mar 11, 2019

I think overall this was a good course but that some of the elements were a little simplistic. I'd have liked some modules that delve more into the technical elements of data management for clinical research, e.g. SAS programming and how it can be used.

By Pankaj Verma

Mar 09, 2019

I learned a lot from this course.

By Norman Garrett III

Mar 04, 2019

Very helpful intro to REDCap. Highly recommend for anyone using the platform for clinical research to take this course prior to beginning your study.

By Jorge Eliseo Villegas Vite

Feb 25, 2019

Great course, regardless the role you have in the research; you do improve your data management skill set. A fantastic course for beginners who are trying to increase their productivity.

By Stella Serena Grosso

Feb 13, 2019

The course gives you a broad introduction to the field of data management in clinical research. The teachers are clear and slow-paced, they go into details but give also a very nice overview on several important topics, such as privacy concerns, US and global guidelines for data administration, ethical concerns and things to keep in mind when working in a scientific environment. I found particularly valuable the hand-on experience with assignments in the REDCap demo server!

By Lidia Estudillo

Feb 01, 2019

exceptional for putting this into practice!

By Felix Chale Banda