Back to Data Management for Clinical Research

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Data Management for Clinical Research by Vanderbilt University

This course presents critical concepts and practical methods to support planning, collection, storage, and dissemination of data in clinical research. Understanding and implementing solid data management principles is critical for any scientific domain. Regardless of your current (or anticipated) role in the research enterprise, a strong working knowledge and skill set in data management principles and practice will increase your productivity and improve your science. Our goal is to use these modules to help you learn and practice this skill set. This course assumes very little current knowledge of technology other than how to operate a web browser. We will focus on practical lessons, short quizzes, and hands-on exercises as we explore together best practices for data management....

AK

Jun 23, 2020

This course is very carefully designed to give a moderate idea how the eCRFs are made in RedCap database system.It gives you a fair background of clinical research processes and database designing.

EJ

Nov 13, 2019

Very excellent course with fun project assignments. I learned quite alot even though I already have a good amount of knowledge on data management! The professors are also engaging and professional.

51 - 75 of 235 Reviews for Data Management for Clinical Research

By Leila T A

Oct 03, 2017

A great course, gives not just the fundamental theory but also useful practical exposure to planning clinical research, as well as data acquisition and management.

By Dmitry P

Jun 02, 2020

Great course, good practical skills. But you may be stuck at the point of endlessly waiting for reviewing all your submitted assignments (can't finish the course and get the certificate without it).

By Kinjal

Jun 08, 2020

Basic but "excellent" course to start your work/career/study in this field.

It gave me alot of material and a good base for me who started from zero. But to a few of my peers, who had experience in CDM, it was an opportunity to learn a new system, which is REDcap.

After finishing this course I feel confident and can head further to enhance my knowledge in this field. The projects are very helpful for practical knowledge and the peers reviewing each others assignment makes it more interesting. Because we get the vision of how others worked over the project.

Thanks to the team of Vanderbilt University and Coursera to put the course in place and make it a free access.

By André W

I highly recommend this course if you have interest in data management and clinical research in general. Particularly so if you plan to use REDCap for any project (although the lessons are very much applicable on a principal level regarding data management and electronic data capture systems). The assignments and peer-grading worked surprisingly well in my opinion. The presenters on the course are obviously well knowledgeable in their field and that shines through in their very nice and informative presentations!

By Michael D

What an awesome course that accomplishes two valuable goals: 1) understanding the structures surrounding data management in clinical trails; 2) skills in the use of REDCap. I'm sure there must be other clinical trial software, but REDCap is an incredible tool that I'll regard as indispensable in future research. I am within days of final IRB approval (I hope) of a study using REDCap. Without this class I would not have been able to pull the survey together and have the quality data preparation. Thanks so much!

By Yemesrach T A

Very informative, reach in content course. Helped me to gain more insight into data collection and earlier setup process. Very interesting assignment that test once knowledge. The instructors were professional and the in between quizzes makes it more interactive course. Liked that fact that I could follow the course on my own pace and time schedule. Hope there will be more advanced courses in the future around this topic!

By Raylene T

May 15, 2020

This course was excellently executed, with informative lectures, and with innovative and practical learning plan which I could follow online and learned quite a lot of foundation and practical skills. This was an absolute wonderful learning experience on this platform, thanks for the assistance by fellow learners and hope to continue to learn from this experience, thank you...

By Chukwunonso U

Jun 05, 2020

This Course gave me a better insight on how to plan data collection, manage and regulate quality data for clinical trials and health surveys. I'm happy with how the Instructors explained every content of the Course and the way the quizzes and assignment reviews were done. The team work felt wonderful.

By Alec S

Jun 14, 2020

This was a fantastic course!! The format was very helpful with quizzes and projects scheduled after each lesson to reinforce the information that was taught in the prior week's videos. The video lessons were clear, concise, and geared to assist the students in real-world data management applications.

By Dineshkumar.S

Jun 14, 2020

This Data management for Clinical research course is really an eye-opener for me encouraged to do clinical research.

I thank all my Instructors who have given detailed lectures and my colleagues who analyzed my assignment.

It enhanced my knowledge in the clinical research area.

By SWAROOP G M

i understood how REDCap sowtare works and the requirements while creating a case report format. The good practise during data management during clinical reserach is well explained. I like to do related course which helps me to get more experience in this field.

By Diego R

Jul 06, 2020

Very good course. I enjoyed Paul classes specially and it was very informative. If I may add my opinion there was a bit overlap at the end of the course, there where two classes that were very similar talking about clinical research in developing countries.

By Yi-Chi B

Jun 20, 2020

This is a great course that provides important advice on clinical data capturing as well as hands on experience in designing forms or surveys using the data capturing system REDCap. I am ready to use what I learned from this course on my job!

By RENUKA N

Jul 04, 2020

Fantastic course with in-depth information. It needs enough thorough reading. Very good assignments with REDCap! Instructors are very clear and engaging. I liked them all. mHealth could have been updated to latest by the same person. Cheers!

By Rama

Apr 21, 2020

Learned basic technologies to build survey or test cases relate to specific disciplines and apply these electronic data capture system experience to use in my research career. Thanks to all wonderful teachers of Coursera Data Management!

By Sonia L P C

Very good. The course is very interesting. This course provides important research tools, databases and data management and analysis. Thank you for the excellent classes and the valuable activities proposed by the teachers.

By Shota J

Apr 23, 2020

The course was extremely useful and valuable. The lecturers are great and explaining all materials on a very high level. I do recommend the course to all interested parties. Thank you so much for your great work.

By Amita K

Jun 23, 2020

By Mritunjay N

It was an enriching experience. the program was well organized. Instructors especially Mr. Harris and Ms. Duda were wonderful in conveying ideas. highly recommended.

By Deepika K K

It was a good learning experience, using the software RedCap as well designing surveys and questionnaire were totally new. The concepts were new and ineresting.

By Kifner R M Q

May 07, 2019

I learned a lot about best practices in clinical research data management. This course also gave me a hands-on experience in electronic data capture.

By Christopher S

May 20, 2019

Great course. Useful, straightforward information. I enjoyed learning more about REDCap while learning best practices in Clinical Data Management.

By Kartikkumar M R

Oct 31, 2018

Excellent content, very important who are working in any type of Clinical Trials or interested in any research which includes human participants.

By Sangavai G

Sep 11, 2017

It was a great oppurtunity for me to participate in this course.It is soo useful for having an Hands on experience with REDcap. Thank you team .

By KavyaPidaparthi

Oct 17, 2017

It was a very good course, with easily understandable material. The presenters made it easy for people from different countries to understand.