Back to Data Management for Clinical Research

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Data Management for Clinical Research by Vanderbilt University

This course presents critical concepts and practical methods to support planning, collection, storage, and dissemination of data in clinical research. Understanding and implementing solid data management principles is critical for any scientific domain. Regardless of your current (or anticipated) role in the research enterprise, a strong working knowledge and skill set in data management principles and practice will increase your productivity and improve your science. Our goal is to use these modules to help you learn and practice this skill set. This course assumes very little current knowledge of technology other than how to operate a web browser. We will focus on practical lessons, short quizzes, and hands-on exercises as we explore together best practices for data management....

AK

This course is very carefully designed to give a moderate idea how the eCRFs are made in RedCap database system.It gives you a fair background of clinical research processes and database designing.

EJ
Nov 12, 2019

Very excellent course with fun project assignments. I learned quite alot even though I already have a good amount of knowledge on data management! The professors are also engaging and professional.

251 - 275 of 328 Reviews for Data Management for Clinical Research

By Madhav s s

Dec 27, 2019

goods

By mythilibaburaj

Good

By Igor R

May 2, 2018

good

By Li-Hsin C

May 21, 2018

Con

By Leonard D M

Sep 15, 2018

May 8, 2017

N

By Ambika P M

Jun 1, 2020

Coming from a background of basic science research, taking up this course as a foundation to understand how clinical research studies are conducted and the management of corresponding data was worth it. From designing a clinical study to using the REDCap software for creating case report forms and surveys, each and every module was developed systematically covering the required basic concepts that could be understood even by a person from non clinical background. Paul did a great job by taking us through the REDCap software both by theory and practice. Overall, this course has given me that foundational start in making a career switch to clinical research.

By Daniel C

Jul 31, 2020

The course was informative but a bit dry (think CITI training, if you’ve ever had to do that) – definitely worth knowing, though, if you work in clinical research. The instructors were pretty good, really, for a video lecture series. One guy from Vandy (Paul, I think) was especially good at explaining the concepts. The best part for me was the material on designing studies, e.g. using validated instruments, phrasing survey questions properly, etc. A lot of the pointers there were common sense but it would be easy to forget them in the moment. I was going to type up my notes at some point and maybe make them into a checklist for future use.

By Alton W P

Jul 30, 2020

Should be 4.5 Stars

Pros: The primary teachers are great. The material is very germane to the today's environment. If you are involved with data management at any level this course will help.

Cons: Wish there was a way to have a moderated discussion with professors. There were concepts in the class that occasionally were opaque and the forum of students was a bit of the blind leading the blind. I should mention this was rare occasion.

Overall, GREAT class

By Nivedita S D

Jul 28, 2019

I like the course very much. It was simple, easy and very well planed. Although most course was designed around REDCap which is a really smooth platform for learning the designing part, I would have loved to learn more about things like how to improve the quality of data, something about LOINC codes. Having said so I can understand that its for just an overview. Faculty is very good. Forums are active. So, in all a good experience.

By Engy B

Jul 30, 2019

The course is very beneficial as it gives an overview of the process of clinical data management. You will get an hands-on experience in using electronic data capture (EDC) software. You will get to do an actual survey using the program and provide a short description of it. The course is well organized and to the point. It opens your horizons to the field and its diversity and various branches.

By Stacy H

I found the lessons around REDCap to be the most beneficial for me. The rest of the content I am alredy familiar with. We use REDCap a lot at work and I want to be able to build any forms we will need in the future. I think this was a good introductory course for that. Though if the focus were entirely on that, it could have been shorter or more in-depth.