Back to Managing Employee Compensation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Managing Employee Compensation by University of Minnesota

Whether you're writing paychecks or wondering where yours comes from, this course is for you! We begin by asking: "To succeed, what kind of a person does your organization need to attract, retain, and motivate?" From there, we'll explain how to align your organization's objectives, its pay philosophy, and ultimately the way it designs and implements its salary structure, short-term incentives, long-term incentives, and benefits. Interested in learning more about the technical aspects of compensation, but don't know where to begin? We'll give an overview of key the key technical skills: compliance with pay regulations, understanding stock options, shopping for health insurance and pension providers, and designing incentive plans. Lastly, we'll discuss non-monetary methods of motivating employees. Upon completing the course, you should be able to have an understanding of compensation both strategically and technically. Learners will also gain introductory familiarity with pay regulation in the US....

KM

Apr 23, 2019

This is a very useful course for any HR professional who wants to have an overview on Employee Compensation and Benefits. Thanks for detailed and thought- through lectures and the great opportunity.

AR

Sep 13, 2019

It was a very rigorous course and well structured. However peer review should be optional because people do not really review and the whole fate of the course keeps hanging on someone else's will.

1 - 25 of 129 Reviews for Managing Employee Compensation

By Vasanth I

Mar 31, 2019

It was a great course helped me understand and gain more insights about compensation and benefits.. My only suggestion is that the assignment part if it is given for the people to do for the job description of their country with their labour laws criteria it would be more efficient for the learner.

By Scott C

Apr 04, 2019

Overall a good starting course about compensation but the focus on US laws and statutes was not relevant. For something like Coursera, they should ensure courses are international in their subject matter.

By Abubakar A N

Dec 11, 2018

By Mario B M P

Jan 03, 2019

Great

By RUBEM D C

Jan 29, 2019

Great, excellent course has added much knowledge. I thought I needed to explain a bit about the big platforms that exist today for the area.

By Mario L V

Feb 01, 2019

This is an outstanding course for anyone wanting to understand employee compensation from a Human Resources perspective. Great course!

By Rebekah N

Nov 26, 2018

This course was very technical in terms of compensation analysis, and offered information I've never received from any other HR college course. This is a very important subject in recruitment and retention. The methods in this course were organized well with plenty of detail to support ideas.

By Deanna W

Nov 25, 2018

Thank you so much!!!

By CLAUDETTE K

Jan 07, 2019

This as an EXCELLENT course and well needed in my current and future roles as it really helped me in understanding the pay structure, pay determination and our management compensation plan. Every managerial employee should enroll in this course to fully understand their company compensation package, especially their yearly Total Rewards package. I can't say it enough, Great Course!

By MAURICIO C T

Jan 22, 2019

Great course and very important cover of the subject. MaAnaging Employee Compensation.

By Imran k

Feb 11, 2019

My favorite Module

By Khayala J

Feb 12, 2019

the best one

By woody l

Feb 18, 2019

Excellent course! the info shared by instructor will be very useful to HR managers and to everyone in general.

By Anisha D

Feb 26, 2019

This course really helped me understand Compensation & Benefit concepts better. Highly recommend it!

By Irina M S

Mar 10, 2019

Very useful course.

By Nino P

Mar 20, 2019

I am very satisfied with this course. There were some things about labor law that were irrelevant for me, since I don´t live in USA. Also I feel like peer evaluation would work better for on-sight classes, but not so much for an online course. Otherwise the information was quite useful and very practical.

By Amrita N

Jan 14, 2019

Compensation and Benefits

I learned all the details part in this course , by this i enhance my domain and its beneficial for my career growth

By Desislava K

Dec 15, 2018

Supper interesting, engaging and useful

By Irineo I J O

Sep 09, 2018

Very useful

By Theocharis-Alexandros K

Oct 14, 2018

Exceptional!

By Pamela W

Sep 12, 2018

This was a tough but well taught course

By Lorena N

Sep 11, 2018

It was very helpful, I really enjoy the process. I wish Mike Davis had participated more along the course.

By Wrennecia T

Oct 26, 2018

Very educational and informative course which works in collaboration with the others. Great professor as well who made it easy to understand.

By SUMALATHA D

Oct 29, 2018

Very useful learned how compensation system works in an organization.

By CHARLES M