Back to Conduct UX Research and Test Early Concepts

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Conduct UX Research and Test Early Concepts by Google

Conduct UX Research and Test Early Concepts is the fourth course in a certificate program that will equip you with the skills you need to apply to entry-level jobs in user experience (UX) design. In this course, you will learn how to plan and conduct a usability study to gather feedback about designs. Then, you will modify your low-fidelity designs based on insights from your research. Current UX designers and researchers at Google will serve as your instructors, and you will complete hands-on activities that simulate real-world UX design scenarios. Learners who complete the seven courses in this certificate program should be equipped to apply for entry-level jobs as UX designers. By the end of this course, you will be able to: - Plan a UX research study, including the project background, research goals, research questions, Key Performance Indicators, methodology, participants, and script. - Explain the importance of respecting privacy and user data. - Conduct a moderated and unmoderated usability study. - Take notes during a usability study. - Create affinity diagrams to group and analyze data. - Synthesize observations from research and come up with insights. - Develop persuasive presentation skills to share research insights. - Modify low-fidelity designs based on research insights. - Continue to design a mobile app to include in your professional portfolio. To be successful in this course, you should complete the previous three courses in the certificate program. Or, you need to have an ability to conduct user research to inform the creation of empathy maps, personas, user stories, user journey maps, problem statements, and value propositions; as well as an ability to create wireframes and low-fidelity prototypes on paper and in Figma....

PK

May 14, 2021

Explenations,resources on to the point.Such a great learning through the course.Also the instructor explaining why we do something and why do not.Again,Great explanations!Thank you.

AE

Feb 6, 2022

The course gives you best practices while doing UX research. With the usability study templates, you are able to summarise all of the participants' key insights and recommendations.

301 - 325 of 360 Reviews for Conduct UX Research and Test Early Concepts

By Y T

May 16, 2022

This course is a usability test based research class. So it covers methdolodies about how to plan, test and optimize your design(you shall already have some low fi UI) using success metrics. However, it does not include pre design research, such as how to understand your user group, what user journeys users currently take to complete the tasks and coresponding pain points in different stage of their process.

By Sylvia P

May 1, 2022

The course is incredibly useful. The lecturer teaches the material very well. But the template of the last presentation lacks an important part, before and after the changes, which confuses the students and they fail to perform as well as possible in the last exercise, which is evaluated by peers. I hope you fix this.

By Aayush C

Jul 23, 2021

I really enjoyed this course and this one help me to improve my product such a nice course but I have faced some problem in peer graded assignment submission. When i submitted my work some people didn't give the whole marks beacuse something left out but i want feedback in comments that should be necesary not optional

By Ana V

May 5, 2021

I think this course covered what it needed to, and did a good job in the types of assignments we needed to complete. I liked that the point was made that probably as a UX researcher we would be working with a team, that made me feel a little less anxious about how much work goes into research and testing.

By Charanor M

Jul 1, 2021

This was the quickest course in the program. I enjoyed it.

Some of the examples left a lot to infer towards the end of the course. the examples could have been more complete.

One of the downloads was in the wrong place on an Activity, this led to confusion with grading.

By Baranzan S

Mar 27, 2022

An immersive simulation that will bring students into the real world of using UX design will offer more dept in educating newcomers like me. Of course it will be ideal to have a one-on-one instructor to guide you, but I recognise that's a stretch.

By Gabriel P

Sep 17, 2021

Research isn't my strong suit. It was a bit challenging especially when arranging remote UX testing. But you'll learn a lot. A suggestion on free to use UX testing tools would be most helpful as well and most you seem to have to pay for.

By Saradha S

Oct 22, 2021

Interesting to understand others' perspectives of the design and how much insights usability interviews could bring in. Since this course doesn't have much direct support, sometimes its difficult to see if we are going in right track.

By Ashfaaq I

Aug 1, 2021

The course broke down the UX Research process into simple steps allowing any beginner to be able to conduct UX Research. I loved how the mentor taught the course and explained the insights. Great work, Google.

By Matthias ( L

Oct 18, 2021

Very exciting course. I would have liked a little more interaction with course participants. In usability tests, this could certainly help some students who receive little support from their environment.

By Yash A

Dec 13, 2021

Amazing course, covers everything I love the projects. Only problem I faced was that I was stuck trying to conduct usability study as I felt I didn't get enough assistance

By Jace V

Aug 18, 2021

I have a psychology degree and this course was only a refresher for research concepts. Overall the course did a good job explaining simple research ideas and procedures.

By gal k

Jun 22, 2022

I had a haed time testing real users. And I felt like I dont know if im doing things right... The affinity diagram was very hard to do.

By Emelia B

Apr 3, 2022

it was a bit too long compared to othercourses which were more concise and went straight to the point. Loved the instructor tho.

By Arief R

Sep 14, 2021

Good Usability cources and good structures. But it will be more interesting if the quantitative approaches are also delivered.

By Tania D

Oct 20, 2021

Great course! I would have given it 5 stars but the Coursera platform has been extremely frustrating to use.

By Markus S

Oct 31, 2021

Very nice course. Good build up. However, week 4 assignment (rating criteria) need to be reviewed

By Moises P - O W 5

Jan 31, 2022

This was a change of pace, a bit slower than previous ones but all content is very valuable.

By Arnav R C

Jun 29, 2022

I have learned a lot about affinity diagrams; creating affinity diagrams was great fun.

By Stavroula K

Oct 17, 2021

It was really useful but the previous concepts were more vivid and had me engaged more

By Natasha S L

Jan 11, 2022

The content is good, but the peer feedback is very poor quality.

By Shubham K B

Mar 25, 2022

Again as 2nd course, some out from ui, but good as inside ux

By Rhoda M

Apr 22, 2021

It was interesting and necessary to the UX learning journey

By Vu M H

Aug 15, 2021

Fundamental UX Research skill for entry level UX Design

By Likatok

Feb 19, 2022

Overall the course is good exept for the fourth week.