Back to Conduct UX Research and Test Early Concepts

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Conduct UX Research and Test Early Concepts by Google

Conduct UX Research and Test Early Concepts is the fourth course in a certificate program that will equip you with the skills you need to apply to entry-level jobs in user experience (UX) design. In this course, you will learn how to plan and conduct a usability study to gather feedback about designs. Then, you will modify your low-fidelity designs based on insights from your research. Current UX designers and researchers at Google will serve as your instructors, and you will complete hands-on activities that simulate real-world UX design scenarios. Learners who complete the seven courses in this certificate program should be equipped to apply for entry-level jobs as UX designers. By the end of this course, you will be able to: - Plan a UX research study, including the project background, research goals, research questions, Key Performance Indicators, methodology, participants, and script. - Explain the importance of respecting privacy and user data. - Conduct a moderated and unmoderated usability study. - Take notes during a usability study. - Create affinity diagrams to group and analyze data. - Synthesize observations from research and come up with insights. - Develop persuasive presentation skills to share research insights. - Modify low-fidelity designs based on research insights. - Continue to design a mobile app to include in your professional portfolio. To be successful in this course, you should complete the previous three courses in the certificate program. Or, you need to have an ability to conduct user research to inform the creation of empathy maps, personas, user stories, user journey maps, problem statements, and value propositions; as well as an ability to create wireframes and low-fidelity prototypes on paper and in Figma....

RS
Mar 23, 2021

A highly details course on UX research and testing. The information you receive from testing in the course really opens your eyes up to the value of user feedback.

AM
Mar 31, 2021

Great Course I learned lots of information around UX research and how to do research and then analyze and synthesize!

1 - 14 of 14 Reviews for Conduct UX Research and Test Early Concepts

By Alice Y

Mar 10, 2021

I recommend this course to not only beginners, but also UX folks like me! This course helps you understand the importance of UX research studies. And even helps you understand why it's important to involve research early on. This helps you learn how to conduct research or collaborate with a research counterpart.

By Ravi S

By Jackson B

Mar 24, 2021

Testing is actually really fun. Getting feedback from actual humans felt kinda scary because I'm not great with criticism, but I realized the design shapes itself if you listen to your users. I appreciate how the course explained that, and guided me through the process. I 'm starting to feel really comfortable.

By Amir H B M

Apr 1, 2021

By Hoi D

Mar 24, 2021

Very engaging course! I enjoy learning about data, research, and testing and the methods UX design uses.

By Biswajit M

Apr 3, 2021

It's a great way of learning, especially from the people from google.

By Lisa D L

Mar 24, 2021

As a person with a background in UX writing, I have participated in many usability studies, but never really put all of the pieces together, or understood the principles and the "why" behind user research. After this course, I feel confident that I can not only participate in user research, but I could also move into the field of user research and apply for jobs. My understanding of qualitative and quantitative research, how to conduct it, and report the findings has grown so much. Can't recommend enough!

By Jeremy B

Mar 24, 2021

Doing user research seemed kind of scary at first, but the course sets you up with templates and tips and stuff that are really helpful. So far, the courses in the program are good at filling in all the gaps I had trying to learn UX on my own. Like going from research back to designing. I had a general idea for how to do some design updates after researching, but I was happy to see that the course lays out exactly what to do and how to do it. I feel like I am turning into a real UX designer!

By Andrew M

Apr 4, 2021

Great course. This takes some logical steps that I see rarely used in the real world. I have spent over 30 years delivering solutions to clients and this piece was never discussed. I learned that insights from user testing can be greatly valuable in building solutions a user wants.

By Rodolfo T

Apr 4, 2021

This course is perfect for beginners in UX research and design. Contents are well-structured while activities are fun to do. Plus the instructor speaks in a personal and emphatic tone. Highly recommended!

By Mohammad H

Apr 8, 2021

Probably one of the best courses I've taken so far

By Eduardo V