Back to Conduct UX Research and Test Early Concepts

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Conduct UX Research and Test Early Concepts by Google

Conduct UX Research and Test Early Concepts is the fourth course in a certificate program that will equip you with the skills you need to apply to entry-level jobs in user experience (UX) design. In this course, you will learn how to plan and conduct a usability study to gather feedback about designs. Then, you will modify your low-fidelity designs based on insights from your research. Current UX designers and researchers at Google will serve as your instructors, and you will complete hands-on activities that simulate real-world UX design scenarios. Learners who complete the seven courses in this certificate program should be equipped to apply for entry-level jobs as UX designers. By the end of this course, you will be able to: - Plan a UX research study, including the project background, research goals, research questions, Key Performance Indicators, methodology, participants, and script. - Explain the importance of respecting privacy and user data. - Conduct a moderated and unmoderated usability study. - Take notes during a usability study. - Create affinity diagrams to group and analyze data. - Synthesize observations from research and come up with insights. - Develop persuasive presentation skills to share research insights. - Modify low-fidelity designs based on research insights. - Continue to design a mobile app to include in your professional portfolio. To be successful in this course, you should complete the previous three courses in the certificate program. Or, you need to have an ability to conduct user research to inform the creation of empathy maps, personas, user stories, user journey maps, problem statements, and value propositions; as well as an ability to create wireframes and low-fidelity prototypes on paper and in Figma....

PK
May 14, 2021

Explenations,resources on to the point.Such a great learning through the course.Also the instructor explaining why we do something and why do not.Again,Great explanations!Thank you.

DL
Apr 20, 2021

Super nice flow to the whole course. Presenting it sensibly and clearly. Super nice trainer too. Loved it. Shows general research insight. This was one of the easiest to go through.

1 - 25 of 84 Reviews for Conduct UX Research and Test Early Concepts

By Lawrence W I

Jun 29, 2021

First off I LOOOOOOOOVE this Cert! I'm learning alot and its at my own pace and from a great established company. But course 4 was definitely a lowlight for me. Allow me to explain. Let me start with my appreciation for thorough teaching and explanatory practices when relaying information to a body of individuals for the purpose of educating them. That being said. This course #4 was dragged out ENTIRELY too long. While I understand that research is a huge vital part of the UX process, this seemed a BIT MUCH. Especially the parts where we have to do the same things voer and over different ways. I think there should be a separate practice modules for each task. So that if someone is not catching on to the content, they can review as much as they want and come back. I myself dont plan on being a UX researcher, so I personally felt that the constant looping around the same subject felt like a very cumbersome and restricting experience. Please update and polish for those that come behind us. Keep up the good work!

By Alice Y

Mar 10, 2021

I recommend this course to not only beginners, but also UX folks like me! This course helps you understand the importance of UX research studies. And even helps you understand why it's important to involve research early on. This helps you learn how to conduct research or collaborate with a research counterpart.

By Ravi S

Mar 24, 2021

A highly details course on UX research and testing. The information you receive from testing in the course really opens your eyes up to the value of user feedback.

By mohamedsafwt a

Jul 2, 2021

I think the course is magnificient, but the idea that students are grading others is not fair at all. I already finished all the materials, but because some smart people reviewing I wont be able to get a certificate which is frustrating.

By Lisa D L

Mar 24, 2021

As a person with a background in UX writing, I have participated in many usability studies, but never really put all of the pieces together, or understood the principles and the "why" behind user research. After this course, I feel confident that I can not only participate in user research, but I could also move into the field of user research and apply for jobs. My understanding of qualitative and quantitative research, how to conduct it, and report the findings has grown so much. Can't recommend enough!

By Jackson B

Mar 24, 2021

Testing is actually really fun. Getting feedback from actual humans felt kinda scary because I'm not great with criticism, but I realized the design shapes itself if you listen to your users. I appreciate how the course explained that, and guided me through the process. I 'm starting to feel really comfortable.

By Dacian L

Apr 21, 2021

By Amir H B M

Apr 1, 2021

Great Course I learned lots of information around UX research and how to do research and then analyze and synthesize!

By Hoi D

Mar 24, 2021

Very engaging course! I enjoy learning about data, research, and testing and the methods UX design uses.

By Biswajit M

Apr 3, 2021

It's a great way of learning, especially from the people from google.

By Matt M

Jul 3, 2021

This course really broke down the process of building a research plan, conducting a usability study, analyzing the data collected through research to inform improvements needed to your design, and how to create a thorough presentation to share insights and improvements with others. The instructor for this course was great! I really enjoyed the tone and demonstrated understanding of the content presented by the instructor. Though the content of this course and work needing to be completed took some extra time to get through, I believe it was beneficial and helped produce quality work in the end. Great course!

By Jeremy B

Mar 24, 2021

Doing user research seemed kind of scary at first, but the course sets you up with templates and tips and stuff that are really helpful. So far, the courses in the program are good at filling in all the gaps I had trying to learn UX on my own. Like going from research back to designing. I had a general idea for how to do some design updates after researching, but I was happy to see that the course lays out exactly what to do and how to do it. I feel like I am turning into a real UX designer!

By Analia d G

Jul 3, 2021

I found this course to be instructional, fun and successful in teaching us how to write an initial Research Study plan, creating an affinity diagram, learning how to take notes and adding them to a spreadsheet for clarity and synthesizing, defining themes and insights and creating a Research presentation, while learning to present the said presentation and then updating it with our research findings. Looking forward to starting course 5!

By Shane T

Jun 25, 2021

Whilst the start of the course took a bit of getting into - coming from such an interactive and creative previous course, I am so glad I stuck with it.

The material covered is incredibly valuable - and really highlights the importance of testing and getting feedback from users.

The assignments weren't easy - and really reflects the effort you put into the usability study. A poor study will make the follow-on assignments a LOT harder.

By Ola B

Jul 26, 2021

At the beginning of the course, i was really having a concern on how the instructor was teaching. but after first and second class, i was able to flow along with him. the course on its own was in-depth and challenging in terms of assignments. thanks google for such a beautiful course.

By Andrew M

Apr 4, 2021

Great course. This takes some logical steps that I see rarely used in the real world. I have spent over 30 years delivering solutions to clients and this piece was never discussed. I learned that insights from user testing can be greatly valuable in building solutions a user wants.

By Nanci A

Jul 12, 2021

These courses are well done. Each layering upon the last, giving us a taste of how the who process works. I'm enjoying the program and getting a lot out of it. It is improving my current work and I look forward to using it for future projects.

By Vita B

May 28, 2021

I am taking entire certificate programm on UX design from Google, and cannot recommend it enough! If you are looking for a professional but yet easy explanation of concepts, this programm is a great beginning point to start your UX career.

By Rodolfo T

Apr 4, 2021

This course is perfect for beginners in UX research and design. Contents are well-structured while activities are fun to do. Plus the instructor speaks in a personal and emphatic tone. Highly recommended!

By Paragahakotuwe M C N K

May 14, 2021

By ARITRO K S

May 23, 2021

The course was great, with detailed explanation and a lot of examples. The assessments and quizzes were very helpful. My experience with this course was really awesome.

By Kishor P

Jul 21, 2021

Jason is too good and he makes my journey so easy. The course is organized is such way that anybody can learn UX Research. Thanks Jason.

By Ahmad M

Jul 2, 2021

Following step by step instructions of this course in real world would show you as a proficient UX designer in your craft.

By Shawn Y

Jun 19, 2021

Great instructor ! The activities were very well explained, establishing the importance of research and iteration.

By kiran P

Jun 12, 2021

Its very good course practical example with testing prototype, collect feedback overall great expriece with course