Back to Conduct UX Research and Test Early Concepts

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Conduct UX Research and Test Early Concepts by Google

Conduct UX Research and Test Early Concepts is the fourth course in a certificate program that will equip you with the skills you need to apply to entry-level jobs in user experience (UX) design. In this course, you will learn how to plan and conduct a usability study to gather feedback about designs. Then, you will modify your low-fidelity designs based on insights from your research. Current UX designers and researchers at Google will serve as your instructors, and you will complete hands-on activities that simulate real-world UX design scenarios. Learners who complete the seven courses in this certificate program should be equipped to apply for entry-level jobs as UX designers. By the end of this course, you will be able to: - Plan a UX research study, including the project background, research goals, research questions, Key Performance Indicators, methodology, participants, and script. - Explain the importance of respecting privacy and user data. - Conduct a moderated and unmoderated usability study. - Take notes during a usability study. - Create affinity diagrams to group and analyze data. - Synthesize observations from research and come up with insights. - Develop persuasive presentation skills to share research insights. - Modify low-fidelity designs based on research insights. - Continue to design a mobile app to include in your professional portfolio. To be successful in this course, you should complete the previous three courses in the certificate program. Or, you need to have an ability to conduct user research to inform the creation of empathy maps, personas, user stories, user journey maps, problem statements, and value propositions; as well as an ability to create wireframes and low-fidelity prototypes on paper and in Figma....

AE

Feb 6, 2022

The course gives you best practices while doing UX research. With the usability study templates, you are able to summarise all of the participants' key insights and recommendations.

PK

May 14, 2021

Explenations,resources on to the point.Such a great learning through the course.Also the instructor explaining why we do something and why do not.Again,Great explanations!Thank you.

51 - 75 of 358 Reviews for Conduct UX Research and Test Early Concepts

By Roshan

Feb 14, 2022

This course has a great balance of research topics and hands-on activities. If you're looking for a great introduction to UX Research with enough examples and activities to help you understand and perform research practically, this is the course for you.

By Opeyemi E

Mar 14, 2022

I love the hands-on practical examples that made planning the research, conducting and sharing/presenting easier than they are. While the tasks/assignments took time, they were worth every second spent. Thanks to the instructors, Google and Coursera.

By Yannis M

Sep 8, 2021

I really enjoyed this course! It's a step by step guide to planning and conducting your own usability study. It also emphasizes on presenting your findings, as well as iterating on your designs to incorporate the feedback from the usability study.

By Nanci A

Jul 12, 2021

These courses are well done. Each layering upon the last, giving us a taste of how the who process works. I'm enjoying the program and getting a lot out of it. It is improving my current work and I look forward to using it for future projects.

By Trúc M H N

Nov 29, 2021

It was an amazing experience. I just wish there were more real-time interaction with all of the lovely instructors. I believe that we, learners, could learn even more if we just could have 1 session per course to interact and learn from them.

By Vita B

May 28, 2021

I am taking entire certificate programm on UX design from Google, and cannot recommend it enough! If you are looking for a professional but yet easy explanation of concepts, this programm is a great beginning point to start your UX career.

By Anyssa G

Oct 18, 2021

This part of the certification has enabled me to use critical thinking and problem solving skills I haven't used in such a long time or thought were non existent. I am very proud of myself for completing this section of the certification!

By Arpana K

May 3, 2022

The concept is clear & easy to understand. The exercises/ assignments were on the point to make you pratically skilled. I loved the way Google suggest us to read somearticles also which may inhance our area of knowledge & understanding.

By Sonali B

Apr 17, 2022

I have taken many courses on UX research and gone through many reading materials. This is the best so far in a way that it is to the point and can be easily implemented in our daily work-place tasks. Great job crafting this course!

By Omkar S

Oct 13, 2021

Excellent course & a very good instructor. Video examples and the google maps example is really useful! Some videos in the last part are repeating...if you are reading this Coursera or Google...please check. Overall, loved it!

By Christina J

Jun 28, 2022

Great thorough information! I learned a lot in the course. How to adminster a usuabilty test and how to use the insights gained from teh study to update. This one was pretty intense but I'm glad we covered this information.

By Ian G

Jan 7, 2022

Loved this course. Honestly I never knew how research played such an important role in UX Design. t was eye opening and I will make sure to carry out these research in all my UX designs. Very well, put together course.

By Rodolfo T

Apr 4, 2021

This course is perfect for beginners in UX research and design. Contents are well-structured while activities are fun to do. Plus the instructor speaks in a personal and emphatic tone. Highly recommended!

By Karine S

Feb 13, 2022

Very complete and step by step course.

The pace is well thought and allows you to work a little everyday and to make progress every day. This makes it motivating to continue and not break the streak.

By Paula R

Dec 6, 2021

Excellent course, all the topics were a challenge for me because they were not related to my professional field, the method used and its fundamental benefits for the foray into web and app design.

By Francis E

Jan 6, 2022

This course made me love research and now thinking of a career as a UXR. So much knowledge to gain here and interesting too. I enjoyed every bit of it though its very challenging.

By Peter M

Apr 9, 2022

I loved and enjoyed how the steps were explained in orser of which they should be taken which makes the course easy to follow and more educative.

By ARITRO K S

May 23, 2021

The course was great, with detailed explanation and a lot of examples. The assessments and quizzes were very helpful. My experience with this course was really awesome.

By Mohammad I B

Apr 4, 2022

This course was very helpful and enjoyable. The instructor's demeanor is very calm and he has a soothing voice making the learning process therapeutic and instructive.

By Meshaa S

Jan 4, 2022

O​ne of the best courses in the UX/UI professional certificate because its explains the importance of secomdary research in understanding user's needs and pain points.

By Paul W

Aug 23, 2021

Very enjoyable course with an engaging instructor, the skills taught are transferrable because the research concepts fit into more than just UX design.

By Aleksandra S

Mar 7, 2022

I learned a lot in this course about research and summarizing its findings as well as defining the next steps. Very well presented material!!!

By MINTESNOT M

Aug 15, 2021

One of the best course I've taken in my life! Thankyou For amazing course Google! And Thankyou for beautifuly designed Courser.org Website.

By Kishor P

Jul 21, 2021

Jason is too good and he makes my journey so easy. The course is organized is such way that anybody can learn UX Research. Thanks Jason.

By Tolulope O

Dec 31, 2021

Great course. Awesome experience and a lot of skills gained during the course. Thank you so much for the privilege to take this course.