Back to Introduction to Key Constitutional Concepts and Supreme Court Cases

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Key Constitutional Concepts and Supreme Court Cases by University of Pennsylvania

This course offers an introduction to the U.S. Constitution and landmark Supreme Court cases interpreting it. It explores the Constitution’s origins, its amendment over the years, and methods of constitutional interpretation. Topics include the nature and structure of the federal government, the powers of the federal government, and individual rights....

SJ

Jul 22, 2017

Professor does a great job and in explaining the complexities. He does not take any partisan stand and does a great job and giving prominence to all sides of the argument. Enjoyed the course throughly

DG

Dec 11, 2016

This is a great introductory or refresher course. Everything is put forth in an easy-to-understand concept. It was beneficial to me to compare key cases and how society affected them. Thank you.

1 - 25 of 119 Reviews for Introduction to Key Constitutional Concepts and Supreme Court Cases

By Chenier G R

Dec 09, 2018

Excellent course. I am very happy with this opportunity. The classes were clear and easy to understand. Congratulations to Cousera for this incredible partnership with the University of Pennsylvania for the promotion of Constitutional Law.

By Patricia G

Oct 24, 2019

Chronologically organized lecture which used non legalese terms made the basics or key concepts of the US Constitution, its evolution and modern application easier to understand.

By Yigal L

Jul 12, 2019

Professor Washington III delivered an excellent review of key constitutional issues. His presentation of different legal point of views really helped me understand the underlying issues in many court decisions. As someone who was not born in this country, I am delighted in gaining more than just an "overview".

By Kaushik D

May 15, 2019

The material of the course was presented in an easy and well constructed manner, letting each and every user of the platform, be rendered capable of learning the concepts to the best of their abilities. I highly recommend this course to anyone wishing to gain a Introductory Insight into the Key Constitutional Concepts and Supreme Court Cases in the United States.

By Chie Y

Dec 10, 2018

How can we evaluate our law? This lecture showed us the crucial criteria and manners, even if we are not US citizen. I deeply thank Professor Kermit Roosevelt.

By Michael C

Nov 29, 2018

Enjoyed the course. I've read a lot of US History and was familiar with many of the cases through that reading experience but this is the first time I've studied just the Supreme Court. I have a better understanding now of the Court's historic thinking and ability to change it's thinking overtime. It also helps me to disagree with the court, especially the current court, by reviewing the constitutional reasoning be hide the decisions

By Adi A M T T

Feb 17, 2019

Thank you very much for this course. I really love it.

By Sarah R

Jan 29, 2019

I loved this class! It was super interesting and the professor was really enthusiastic about the content.

By JOSÉ L R C

Mar 31, 2019

This course helped me to understand the evolution of the constitutional law of the United States of America, where the historical moment set the tone for the decisions taken. While it is true, many obey political interests and for supposed political moments, as in the case of World War II, it is no less true that the same system has sought to re-establish the rights of those people who might have been injured those rights. I consider it very important that many people at the international level (I am from Venezuela) approach this course, study it and of course internalize this process of the laws and their amendments because simply, the State has the faculty to self-regulate, legally speaking and of course, always respecting the will of the people. I congratulate all the people who contributed to the design of this course, it is quite complete and of simple understanding. Thank you very much.

Sincerely

Linkedin: jlrc.win@gmail.com

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

By Jonathan P

Mar 05, 2019

Very good intro/overview course. The supplementary materials and resources supplied via the course are a good jumping off point for further study.

By Monal R M

Dec 22, 2018

Great course. Fascinating topic!

By SHARMILA H S

Mar 09, 2019

Very informative, and useful

By Ronald S

Sep 25, 2018

Prof. Roosevelt is amazing. I wish there were 4-5 more of these courses on Constitutional law, each with a different emphasis. I feel like I learned a lot about my country by taking this course.

By Ilanka

Aug 28, 2018

Great introductory course! Thank you!

By Sanket V

Aug 17, 2018

it is one of the interesting course that i have ever came across! if any individual want to learn the basic and fundamentals of american constitution then he must join this course.

By Stephanie T

Oct 08, 2018

Excellently presented beginners con law class. Great links to additional learning resources.

By Patricia S

Nov 22, 2018

Easily understood and many real-life examples.

By Todd A

Aug 21, 2018

Very accessible and thorough on the major concepts.

By Nguyen H B

Dec 26, 2017

Very comprehensive course.

By Beverly T

May 29, 2017

Fantastic course. Highly recommended. Kermit Roosevelt III for President 2020!!

By Ahmer J K

Oct 18, 2016

Excellent course!

By joanna k

Sep 19, 2017

very informative and thought provoking .

By Phan N A

Feb 08, 2017

Professor Roosevelt did a stunningly fine job at explaining and linking everything together. I knew about the Constitution and the American Declaration of Independence before, but not the Articles of Confederation, and now thanks to Professor everything clicked into its place, everything made sense to me. Thanks a lot!!!

By Thomas C

Jun 22, 2017

This is a great overview of Constitutional Law and the history of the US Constitution. I highly recommend it to anyone looking to better inform themselves and their political opinions.

By José L F T

Apr 09, 2018

Excellent course, it give a general idea of Constitutional Law and its application.