Back to Introduction to Key Constitutional Concepts and Supreme Court Cases

Introduction to Key Constitutional Concepts and Supreme Court Cases, University of Pennsylvania

About this Course

This course offers an introduction to the U.S. Constitution and landmark Supreme Court cases interpreting it. It explores the Constitution’s origins, its amendment over the years, and methods of constitutional interpretation. Topics include the nature and structure of the federal government, the powers of the federal government, and individual rights....

By SJ

Jul 22, 2017

Professor does a great job and in explaining the complexities. He does not take any partisan stand and does a great job and giving prominence to all sides of the argument. Enjoyed the course throughly

By DG

Dec 11, 2016

This is a great introductory or refresher course. Everything is put forth in an easy-to-understand concept. It was beneficial to me to compare key cases and how society affected them. Thank you.

97 Reviews

By SHARMILA H S

Mar 09, 2019

Very informative, and useful

By Jonathan Pasierb

Mar 05, 2019

Very good intro/overview course. The supplementary materials and resources supplied via the course are a good jumping off point for further study.

By Adi Asenaca Manarusa Tuikilakila Turagacati

Feb 17, 2019

Thank you very much for this course. I really love it.

By Sarah Rice

Jan 29, 2019

I loved this class! It was super interesting and the professor was really enthusiastic about the content.

By Monal R Mehta

Dec 22, 2018

Great course. Fascinating topic!

By Chie Yamada

Dec 10, 2018

How can we evaluate our law? This lecture showed us the crucial criteria and manners, even if we are not US citizen. I deeply thank Professor Kermit Roosevelt.

By Chenier Gimerson Rossi

Dec 09, 2018

Excellent course. I am very happy with this opportunity. The classes were clear and easy to understand. Congratulations to Cousera for this incredible partnership with the University of Pennsylvania for the promotion of Constitutional Law.

By Michael Curtis

Nov 29, 2018

Enjoyed the course. I've read a lot of US History and was familiar with many of the cases through that reading experience but this is the first time I've studied just the Supreme Court. I have a better understanding now of the Court's historic thinking and ability to change it's thinking overtime. It also helps me to disagree with the court, especially the current court, by reviewing the constitutional reasoning be hide the decisions

By Patricia Slice

Nov 22, 2018

Easily understood and many real-life examples.

By Stephanie Thorne

Oct 08, 2018

Excellently presented beginners con law class. Great links to additional learning resources.