Back to Introduction to Key Constitutional Concepts and Supreme Court Cases

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Key Constitutional Concepts and Supreme Court Cases by University of Pennsylvania

This course offers an introduction to the U.S. Constitution and landmark Supreme Court cases interpreting it. It explores the Constitution’s origins, its amendment over the years, and methods of constitutional interpretation. Topics include the nature and structure of the federal government, the powers of the federal government, and individual rights....

JG
Aug 5, 2021

This course was very helpful and informative. I enjoyed the information and the knowledge I retained. I believe this course would educated an individual (Layman) not knowledgeable in legal profession.

SJ
Jul 21, 2017

Professor does a great job and in explaining the complexities. He does not take any partisan stand and does a great job and giving prominence to all sides of the argument. Enjoyed the course throughly

76 - 100 of 285 Reviews for Introduction to Key Constitutional Concepts and Supreme Court Cases

By Thomas C

Jun 22, 2017

This is a great overview of Constitutional Law and the history of the US Constitution. I highly recommend it to anyone looking to better inform themselves and their political opinions.

By Alexia d l G C

Sep 6, 2021

Im very gratefull for the big effort that im sure all the students can notice professor Kermit put on each Class. He is an excelent teacher. I learned a lot during the whole program.

By Noah B

Aug 12, 2021

E​xcellent background, context, and teaching of Constitutional law. It is incredible that the U.S. Constition was so detrimental to the development of the greatest nation on Earth!

By Muhammad A A

Sep 1, 2019

The entire course was very thoroughly presented and has been really helpful and informative in enhancing my knowledge about the American legal system. Kudos to UPenn and Coursera!

By T. S M

Aug 16, 2021

An outstanding introduction to US Constitutional Law which manages to highlight important legal issues and principles of US Constitutional Law without too legalistic an approach.

By Kim G

Jul 21, 2016

Clear and comprehensive coverage of the constitution and how it is interpreted. The instructor gives frequent examples for both sides of the issue which aids understanding.

By Beethar T

Jun 10, 2020

It was my first time taking online classes, the professor gave very solid materials which is very easy to understand and able to memorize. I would recommend this course!

By Anoushka G

Aug 22, 2020

Mr Roosevelt is an amazing professor. He made this course so interesting, and the way he speaks just makes information effortlessly enter my head. I loved this course.

By I D A K A

Apr 10, 2021

The lecturer gave the material very clearly and complete with case examples and the review at the end of the video course really helped me to summarize the material

By Kiran. S

Oct 18, 2017

Excellent material, presented in a succinct manner. Well worth attempting, in order to obtain a rudimentary introduction into American Constitutional Jurisprudence.

By Aline F

Apr 29, 2020

Muito gratificante poder ter feito um curso dessa qualidade, com certeza me ajudou muito a criar uma noção sociológica mais aprofundada do Direito Constitucional.

By Richard G

Jun 30, 2017

Great course. Timely given the issues of the time and the misconceptions that young people in particular have in reference to what is and is not constitutional.

By Serena F

Dec 6, 2020

Excellent beginning or review class about basic Constitutional concepts. The instruction is clear and precise and the class left me with a desire to learn more.

By Chie Y

Dec 10, 2018

How can we evaluate our law? This lecture showed us the crucial criteria and manners, even if we are not US citizen. I deeply thank Professor Kermit Roosevelt.

By Fabiano B

Jun 29, 2021

O curso é muito bem elaborado, objetivo e traz um conteúdo valioso para compreender a evolução dos direitos fundamentais nos EUA e o papel da Suprema Corte.

By Joana C L P

Aug 11, 2020

Very didactic! A journey through the history of the Supreme Court. Explains the most important cases and how they are related to the history of the country.

By Jane C

Aug 23, 2021

Professor Roosevelt made the course very interesting, as well as enlightening. This course is helping me understand current events more fully. Thank you!

By Tristen C

Mar 14, 2021

I learned a lot from this course and really appreciate how the Professor does not take sides. It makes it easier to learn and understand the big picture.

By Clelia W

Nov 1, 2020

Great overview of constitution! Professor excellent in communicating the history and of original constitution and amendments. Want to take more classes.

By Victoria P

Apr 20, 2020

Great class and excellent syllabus. I thoroughly enjoyed the articles, videos, and other websites included in the material. Congrats on a great class!

By Sharon Y A

Jun 30, 2020

I liked the content and the presentation of this course. The professor explained things clearly and the reviews at the end of each video were helpful.

By Nicholas C

Jul 1, 2019

I enjoyed the class. It was very informative. I enjoyed watching the lectures. The professor's lectures were well thought out and actually filmed well.

By Elizabeth M

Oct 18, 2021

This course completely covered the content I expected to be introduced to regarding the Constitutional concepts that we should all hold in our review.

By Lori R

Nov 12, 2017

This course gives a good overview of Constitutional topics and covers some recent decisions as well. It is very informative and well worth your time.

By Sandy F

Dec 30, 2020

Professor Roosevelt gave a very concise and interesting course presentation. The course was very well organized and I appreciated the videos as well.