Back to Introduction to Key Constitutional Concepts and Supreme Court Cases

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Key Constitutional Concepts and Supreme Court Cases by University of Pennsylvania

This course offers an introduction to the U.S. Constitution and landmark Supreme Court cases interpreting it. It explores the Constitution’s origins, its amendment over the years, and methods of constitutional interpretation. Topics include the nature and structure of the federal government, the powers of the federal government, and individual rights....

JG
Aug 5, 2021

This course was very helpful and informative. I enjoyed the information and the knowledge I retained. I believe this course would educated an individual (Layman) not knowledgeable in legal profession.

SJ
Jul 21, 2017

Professor does a great job and in explaining the complexities. He does not take any partisan stand and does a great job and giving prominence to all sides of the argument. Enjoyed the course throughly

51 - 75 of 285 Reviews for Introduction to Key Constitutional Concepts and Supreme Court Cases

By Eily K

Jul 11, 2017

Highly informative in the field of American constitution and the formation of the United States of America. I found this course to be a very good introduction to the Supreme court structure and the common law base system. Well explained by professor Roosevelt. Thank you.

By Luis

Jul 25, 2020

This was a really great course. It gives the fundamentals of the constitution, and different ways that it's interpreted. There are also some sections important current events. If anything, it has made me interested in learning more about the constitution. Thank you.

By Joan B

Nov 1, 2019

The course provides the layman with a clear understanding of the basic concepts of the US Constitution, how the Constitution has evolved over the years and a better understanding of the considerations in resolving the questions that come before the courts.

By Glenn R

Aug 6, 2021

Really enjoyed everything I learned in this course, and particularly appreciated the way Professor Roosevelt tied various lessons together by pointing to common themes and patterns rather than treating each Supreme Court decision or issue as isolated.

By Deborah C

Jul 13, 2020

I’m very grateful to have had this opportunity to become more educated and appreciative of the founding and evolution of our democracy. I now understand the basics about the Constitution, Bill of Right, and Amendments, and would like to learn more.

By Shannon H

Apr 28, 2020

This course was very informative. The professor delivered the content in a very thoughtful manner and included both the historical perspective and application to current day reality. I really enjoyed the format and delivery. Learned so much!

By Kevin C

Sep 10, 2020

The material is presented in an engaging and digestible format. I very much enjoyed the approach to thinking about the topics of the course. I think the lessons of this course will stick with me for a long time afterwards because of this.

By Veronica L

Jun 26, 2018

This course was quite interesting, now I see mine constitution (The Brazilian Constitution ) in another way. And it also changed my life's view. I'll surely keep studying the Constitution of the U.S.Thank you very much for the course

By Brian M

Dec 10, 2020

Excellent overview of the Constitution, Bill of Rights, Amendments and some of the landmark cases. Probably a review from school but outlook at 15 years old is much different than my current one after 3 to 4 additional decades.

By Dale S

Apr 27, 2020

Thank you! The course was well taught, the instructor was knowledgeable and gave great explanations as to the role the Constitution has in our lives. Any one, no matter what their major, would benefit from taking this course.

By Darlene A W

Jul 27, 2021

Introduction to Key Constitutional Concepts and Supreme Court Cases is informative, thought provoking and paced appropriately for students to achieve their goals in this course. Thank you Professor Kermit Roosevelt, III!

By Alex M

Oct 18, 2020

The course was a good introduction into American Constitutional law. It covered many key issues that are normally discussed on international news. I am a much more informed person about American politics and policies!

By Jill S

Nov 4, 2020

I enjoyed Professor Roosevelt's discussions of the Constitution and court cases. It's been many years since I graduated college, so was glad to learn about perspectives on issues and how the Constitution is applied.

By Andreea P

Sep 10, 2020

This was the best course I attended on Coursera! I highly recommend it to anyone interested in US Constitutional Law! I would like to congratulate Professor Roosevelt and I hope he will create more similar courses!

By Isabelle M L

Extremely well done and delivered. The progression was very mastered, it became more and more complex but so interesting! I learned so much and I enjoyed myself tremendously. My gratitude to Professor Roosevelt.

By Kate H

Jul 11, 2020

This course has been so helpful preparing to start law school in a few weeks. I had to take my Kaplan 1L survey and I was very familiar with topics because of all the courses a classes I’ve taken during Covid.

By Fernando B A

It is a great program. I a chilean lawyer and my knowledge and practice is about continental law tradition. So, this is a different point of view about the law, an in special, about anglo Saxon law. Thanks.

By Aditya S M

Apr 3, 2020

A very well detailed yet easy to understand course about American Constitutional law, which gave me a great roadmap for further reading and a very great background of the constitutional makings of the USA.

By Kermit M

Feb 4, 2021

I really enjoyed the course as I learned so much more than was taught when I was in high school during the 70s. I wish more people new about your course. Thank you for sharing this with the world.

Kermit

By Jay G

Aug 6, 2021

By Gi S

Jun 21, 2020

This course was very didactic and easy to understand. I liked the way that the different theories about each subject were presented, allowing me to build my own opinion and perspective on each matter.

By rachel m s g

Oct 7, 2020

adorei o curso. Aprendi muito sobre a constituiçao americana e pude estudar de uma forma mais critica as constituiçoes brasileiras e americanas no sentido de buscar entender o que buscam tutelar

By Doreen G

Dec 11, 2016

This is a great introductory or refresher course. Everything is put forth in an easy-to-understand concept. It was beneficial to me to compare key cases and how society affected them. Thank you.

By Ib S P

Jan 18, 2021

An interesting survey of US constitutional law (I'm Canadian), providing a useful analytical approach and showing great insight. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Very well done by Prof. Roosevelt

By Nayria F C

Jul 22, 2020

I took this course as a high schooler preparing to go to college. This gave me the proper steps to my future career. It is the best course I have taken so far. I for sure recommend! :)