Back to Creative Problem Solving

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Creative Problem Solving by University of Minnesota

4.4

This course deals directly with your ability for creativity which is a critical skill in any field. It focuses on divergent thinking, the ability to develop multiple ideas and concepts to solve problems. Through a series of creativity building exercises, short lectures, and readings, learners develop both an understanding of creativity and increase their own ability. This course will help you understand the role of creativity and innovation in your own work and in other disciplines. It will challenge you to move outside of your existing comfort zone and to recognize the value of that exploration. This course will help you understand the importance of diverse ideas, and to convey that understanding to others. The principal learning activity in the course is a series of "differents" where you are challenged to identify and change your own cultural, habitual, and normal patterns of behavior. Beginning with a prompt, e.g. "eat something different", you will begin to recognize your own = limits and to overcome them. In addition, you are encouraged to understand that creativity is based on societal norms, and that by it's nature, it will differ from and be discouraged by society. In this course, the persistence of the creative person is developed through practice. At the same time, these exercises are constrained by concerns of safety, legality, and economics, which are addressed in their creative process....

BD
Jul 21, 2020

Great course. It was really a great experience to take this course.\n\nI developed the insight into creativity and will definitely implement in my everyday life.\n\nThanks for such a great course.

NC
Jun 4, 2020

Thank you I'm so glad I can learn so many things about how to be more creative to solving problem and we can see or discussion about out creativities. Thank you for giving me this opportunity.

501 - 525 of 538 Reviews for Creative Problem Solving

By Pratik m

Jun 1, 2020

Vary vague and subjective type questions in the quiz! It felt like solving an english paper!

By Mohamed P

Sep 26, 2019

Course content itself was very less. But great way to get introduced to Creative thinking.

By Ahmed M A

Jul 15, 2020

The assignments were really useful, however the evaluation method is not efficient.

By Gökhan İ

Feb 10, 2020

The course is boring and not very informative, also content is outdated

By Ong J

Oct 11, 2020

Would appreciate if the lecturers' videos are more fun and interactive

By Vinod K Y

Good course.

By Niti M

Jul 17, 2020

Ty

By Masoud A

Oct 29, 2020

I understand that creativity has to do with being open-minded and have the ability to accept failing the first or even 5th time, so long the drive for success is the will power to push and explore beyond one's limited peripheries. The course attempted to encourage participants to "get out of a normal pattern of thinking to a more challenging pattern" or what we call it today getting out of the "comfort zone". This is true and one would not succeed if he/she doesn't attempt to seek trial and error and participate externally in a fashion that would merge inner thoughts with outward actions. Despite all the aforementioned, I can not see how turning oneself into a deplorable public scenery is a creative thought?

Are weird actions and behaviors are now the drives for being creative?

The course was designed to invite international participants and therefore must have been prepared better so as to embrace "International culture" when accepting images such as eating with a foot, or eating cereals from a bath tab or drinking coffee from it, or standing in a public wearing outfits that are outrageous. These thoughts might suit fresh graduates from high schools that are willing to participate because they need to "experiment" new approaches to life and bove all pass the curriculum, but certainly not creative for people who take life as a serious gist and an obligation to act as human whilst a life.

When one understands the concept of life and the values embedded in life, he/she will attempt to be a useful member and participate in leaving a positive image when his/her time comes to depart this life.

By Nancy D

Jul 3, 2020

Decided to cancel the course as I didn't find myself learning much that I didn't already know, the method of teaching was fairly boring, and the class assignments were not set up so that you could actually do a good job. I understand the course is free, but I also find peer review to be a inept method of grading. I'm not sure how having non-experts grade my work, many of whom don't speak the same language as I do, is useful at all.

By Adsadang P

Nov 17, 2020

The activities are creative interesting but contents are too repetitive and vague. Even the useful content is appeared at very last.

By Dore B

The course video content is very poor and the instructor is not very engaging. This can benefit from an update.

By Abhishek G

Oct 29, 2016

Could have been better. It was little boring when this type of course should be super exciting

By Andrea M

Jun 12, 2020

I do not like this course because of boring lessons and strange tests

By Augustine Q

Jun 9, 2016

I don't like pay to submit courses.

By Islom G

Npy quite engaging.

By Chantel P

Apr 13, 2016

Lesson 1 - no longer available via PC

Lesson 1 no longer exist to do via PC on internet.Sugggested . It has been removed. Cannot go ahead without having the Lesson 1 information.

By Revathi

Jan 19, 2016

Not a course that helps you solve wicked problems which do not have solutions that will come suddenly one fine day and ones that require more thought effort and brainstorming.

By Angelos E

May 12, 2016

Creativity without a reason, without a real problem/question. Divergent thinking per se. Try to be divergent just to be divergent. Too simplistic, doesn't worth your time.

By Gabriela M

Sep 16, 2016

I don't see how the assignments would make me a more creative person. Some of the content was new and interesting but overall I din't think it was a good use of my time.

By Sumaira

Apr 27, 2020

what I was thinking about this course it's not like that at all. I didn't find it useful so I am going to unsubscribe myself just after completed the first two weeks :(

By Sholanki G

Took this course for personal interest. I guess the professor was lecturing in a very boring way, made me lose interest in the process.

By Elshafey M S

Apr 5, 2020

first week is bad and tried to answer the quiz more than 7 times but still. Q7 and 8 wrong. I don't know why ?

By Joanna A T

Jun 6, 2020

Awareness of of own "creativity" is not problem solving

Wrong title, the course does not interest me

By Michael N

This is a weird way to run a course. It was not what I was expecting and do not want to continue.

By Ali A Q

The assignment seems very childish, Isn't something everyone may be comfortable doing.