Back to Creative Problem Solving

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Creative Problem Solving by University of Minnesota

4.4

This course deals directly with your ability for creativity which is a critical skill in any field. It focuses on divergent thinking, the ability to develop multiple ideas and concepts to solve problems. Through a series of creativity building exercises, short lectures, and readings, learners develop both an understanding of creativity and increase their own ability. This course will help you understand the role of creativity and innovation in your own work and in other disciplines. It will challenge you to move outside of your existing comfort zone and to recognize the value of that exploration. This course will help you understand the importance of diverse ideas, and to convey that understanding to others. The principal learning activity in the course is a series of "differents" where you are challenged to identify and change your own cultural, habitual, and normal patterns of behavior. Beginning with a prompt, e.g. "eat something different", you will begin to recognize your own = limits and to overcome them. In addition, you are encouraged to understand that creativity is based on societal norms, and that by it's nature, it will differ from and be discouraged by society. In this course, the persistence of the creative person is developed through practice. At the same time, these exercises are constrained by concerns of safety, legality, and economics, which are addressed in their creative process....

EN
Jan 17, 2021

I really enjoyed this course, it was very informative and easy to follow. The videos were clear and the graded sections were great. The course as a whole was enjoyable and would recommend to others.

AF
Mar 1, 2016

SO INTERESTING AND FUN. Have you ever took a stranger'S secret and propose another stranger to take that secret in exchange of one of his? This course is an opportunity to do crazy stuff like that!

576 - 600 of 615 Reviews for Creative Problem Solving

By Mohamed P

Sep 26, 2019

Course content itself was very less. But great way to get introduced to Creative thinking.

By أحمد ا

Jul 15, 2020

The assignments were really useful, however the evaluation method is not efficient.

By Gökhan İ

Feb 10, 2020

The course is boring and not very informative, also content is outdated

By Ong J

Oct 11, 2020

Would appreciate if the lecturers' videos are more fun and interactive

By Claudia N C H

Sep 14, 2021

muy buen curso, me gusto mucho

By Vinod K Y

Good course.

By Niti M

Jul 17, 2020

Ty

By Nancy D

Jul 3, 2020

Decided to cancel the course as I didn't find myself learning much that I didn't already know, the method of teaching was fairly boring, and the class assignments were not set up so that you could actually do a good job. I understand the course is free, but I also find peer review to be a inept method of grading. I'm not sure how having non-experts grade my work, many of whom don't speak the same language as I do, is useful at all.

By Nadja F

Feb 5, 2021

the course starts very good, and the teachers try hard. Its interesting, but after a while they keep repeating the same and that makes it boring over time. For professionals that deal with creativity, I belive they can do better. However, I enjoyed the challenges and the overall course.

By Adsadang P

Nov 17, 2020

The activities are creative interesting but contents are too repetitive and vague. Even the useful content is appeared at very last.

By Dore B

The course video content is very poor and the instructor is not very engaging. This can benefit from an update.

By Abhishek G

Oct 29, 2016

Could have been better. It was little boring when this type of course should be super exciting

By Andrea M

Jun 12, 2020

I do not like this course because of boring lessons and strange tests

Feb 1, 2021

Me resultó aburrido y no pude continuarlo.

By Augustine Q

Jun 9, 2016

I don't like pay to submit courses.

By Islom G

Npy quite engaging.

By Belozerova I V

Jun 12, 2021

This course is not about CREATIVE PROBLEM SOLVING, it's about doing some silly and almost stupid things and watching videos with creepy photos. I mean, the teacher said that in this course we will be taught to be creative, and then we watches a 16-minutes video of the PROPER way to take photos. And did I ask of video someone brushing their teeth?

By Chantel P

Apr 13, 2016

Lesson 1 - no longer available via PC

Lesson 1 no longer exist to do via PC on internet.Sugggested . It has been removed. Cannot go ahead without having the Lesson 1 information.

By Revathi

Jan 19, 2016

Not a course that helps you solve wicked problems which do not have solutions that will come suddenly one fine day and ones that require more thought effort and brainstorming.

By Angel E

May 12, 2016

Creativity without a reason, without a real problem/question. Divergent thinking per se. Try to be divergent just to be divergent. Too simplistic, doesn't worth your time.

By Gabriela M

Sep 16, 2016

I don't see how the assignments would make me a more creative person. Some of the content was new and interesting but overall I din't think it was a good use of my time.

By Sumaira

Apr 27, 2020

what I was thinking about this course it's not like that at all. I didn't find it useful so I am going to unsubscribe myself just after completed the first two weeks :(

By Sholanki G

Took this course for personal interest. I guess the professor was lecturing in a very boring way, made me lose interest in the process.

By Elshafey M S

Apr 5, 2020

first week is bad and tried to answer the quiz more than 7 times but still. Q7 and 8 wrong. I don't know why ?

By Joanna A T

Jun 6, 2020

Awareness of of own "creativity" is not problem solving

Wrong title, the course does not interest me