Back to Creative Problem Solving

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Creative Problem Solving by University of Minnesota

4.4

This course deals directly with your ability for creativity which is a critical skill in any field. It focuses on divergent thinking, the ability to develop multiple ideas and concepts to solve problems. Through a series of creativity building exercises, short lectures, and readings, learners develop both an understanding of creativity and increase their own ability. This course will help you understand the role of creativity and innovation in your own work and in other disciplines. It will challenge you to move outside of your existing comfort zone and to recognize the value of that exploration. This course will help you understand the importance of diverse ideas, and to convey that understanding to others. The principal learning activity in the course is a series of "differents" where you are challenged to identify and change your own cultural, habitual, and normal patterns of behavior. Beginning with a prompt, e.g. "eat something different", you will begin to recognize your own = limits and to overcome them. In addition, you are encouraged to understand that creativity is based on societal norms, and that by it's nature, it will differ from and be discouraged by society. In this course, the persistence of the creative person is developed through practice. At the same time, these exercises are constrained by concerns of safety, legality, and economics, which are addressed in their creative process....

EN
Jan 17, 2021

I really enjoyed this course, it was very informative and easy to follow. The videos were clear and the graded sections were great. The course as a whole was enjoyable and would recommend to others.

AF
Mar 1, 2016

SO INTERESTING AND FUN. Have you ever took a stranger'S secret and propose another stranger to take that secret in exchange of one of his? This course is an opportunity to do crazy stuff like that!

476 - 500 of 615 Reviews for Creative Problem Solving

By Thang P

The course help me to get an basic understanding about Creative Problem Solving, I got some insight about divergence and convergence thinking that gave me direction to continue explore the ideas in the future. On the other hand, I think the course is too short, If it could dig deeper in the detail then student will understand better. Thanks coursera team.

By Nikhil A

Apr 4, 2020

Focuses a bit more on theory. The videos can be improved. The images and slides keep on running while the speaker is speaking sometimes making it difficult to focus on the verbal part. A bit basic but if someone goes through the supplemental readings makes it exhaustive. Do try all exercises and readings that are optional as well.

By Dmitry A

Aug 6, 2017

What makes the course great is its simplisity and insights. Originally, I was not sure if the course's content will be relevant to business environment, but it proved to be more that applicable.

Great content, great excercises and highly valuable concepts!

P.s. sometimes oversimplified, so minus one star :)

By Leisa R

Feb 17, 2017

This is a fun and engaging class. I was challenged by the assignments on so many levels while taking this class. They have encouraged me to try new things even if it seems ridiculous to others. I especially liked the feedback, the constructive critiques all helped me through this course.

By Anastasiia H

Feb 19, 2017

It was fun. But I think that would be great to add more various tasks and do something with the quality of the video, because sometimes it was hard to concentrate on the content.

Nevertheless, it is good start to develop your creativity and open some useful tools for yourself.

By Najla N

Jan 17, 2016

This course is an easy, entertaining, and beneficial course. It is encourages you to enhance your creativity in everyday lives. The reason I gave 4 stars instead of 5 is that I would've preferred to include more theoretical knowledge in addition to the practical.

By Nada T

Sep 28, 2020

It's a fantastic course and, I have learned a lot from the teachers. I'm really appreciate all the efforts that they have been done and without their effort , the course will not benefit us like that.

Thank you a lot for your effort .

By Ardi W

Apr 30, 2020

It’s a fun course to stimulate our creativity. The most fun parts is the first 2 weeks or before we finish the DSD. My tips is take time with your DSD because thats the most fun parts and i think it’s the real essence of this course

By ΑΙΚΑΤΕΡΙΝΗ Μ

Jan 25, 2021

Σίγουρα ωραίο μάθημα αλλά λίγο μπερδεμενο για το μυαλό μου. Πρέπει να χει κανεις διευρυμένη οπτική για το θέμα.

Οστοσο είχε πολλα παραδείγματα με λεπτομέρειες κ τεστακια που το έκανε όσο το δυνατόν κατανοητό και προσβάσιμο.

By yogendra s

Jul 14, 2020

Overall was a very good course. however one small suggestion would be that since this course requires high attentivity to what is being told, image flashing of people's creative adventures between talks is a bit distracting.

By VISHWA S

Apr 29, 2020

A short and a creative course. It was fun studying this. Especially all the assignments were splendid. I just loved submitting all three of the assignments. Thank you University of Minnesota and Coursera.

By Roojvelt B

Jun 16, 2017

This is really good Course, if we apply creative ideas in our life on our daily basis work in diffrent way...you can understand....How much is easy to live with ppl and family friends....

By Marco S

Aug 31, 2020

It seems a strange topic for a class, but, in the end, it turns out to be very interesting and useful. The concepts expressed in this course are absolutely not to be underestimated.

By Enmanuel M

Dec 19, 2020

A really good course that will help you to devealope creativity by simple tasks, nowdays you'll need to be creative to salve problems and remember, there are not wrong answers.

By Heather L

Oct 1, 2017

Excellent premise, good suggestions. Some technical issues with repeated videos & lack of experience w/talking to a camera instead of a person, but nothing too distracting.

By Ataul M

May 15, 2016

It was a life changing course for me. Although I didn't attempt the certificate or the assignments, yet it has helped me a lot to take a whole new approach in my business.

By ANYA D A

Jun 15, 2020

The Material seemed pretty good but the content was too similar to a class in my university which I've already taken. Also discussions tend to be a little too monotonous

By Emma N

May 3, 2020

Really informative and practical course. Tell's you how to be more creative and why it is so. Though I would have liked to see more exercises and interact more.

By Janine B

Jun 26, 2020

I liked how the course challenged my thinking again and forced me to come up with new ideas. Now I understand the process of being creative much better.

By Sara I A

Feb 13, 2016

Very intelligent approach of incentivating the creativity. Maybe the videos shall give even more activities to do. But it is a very interesting course.

By Joshua F K

Jun 28, 2020

I think it is too short, but it is good enought to have the insight and main ide of how to be more creative. Thanks for the instructor God Bless u all

By Azim S

Apr 12, 2020

Its a very fast pace course and the confidence you build up is rewarding. Now after completing this course I keep finding creativity in each thing.

Feb 14, 2016

This type of course I was looking for, which is fulfilled. It will help to explore and polish my creative abilities. Thank you for providing it.

By Smit M

This is very good course , the sir who was teaching was a littlebit scary but overall course is nice,it also improved my typing speed as well.

By SHIVANSH S

May 8, 2020

Good course, would have liked more practical exercises. Also a video conferencing /discussion online would have been cherry on top.