Back to Creating Dashboards and Storytelling with Tableau

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Creating Dashboards and Storytelling with Tableau by University of California, Davis

Leveraging the visualizations you created in the previous course, Visual Analytics with Tableau, you will create dashboards that help you identify the story within your data, and you will discover how to use Storypoints to create a powerful story to leave a lasting impression with your audience. You will balance the goals of your stakeholders with the needs of your end-users, and be able to structure and organize your story for maximum impact. Throughout the course you will apply more advanced functions within Tableau, such as hierarchies, actions and parameters to guide user interactions. For your final project, you will create a compelling narrative to be delivered in a meeting, as a static report, or in an interactive display online....

ML
Apr 29, 2018

This course completely changed the way I look at data visualization and story telling with data. The skill set that I developed can easily be applied to real life and improve my value as an analysts.

EP
Aug 28, 2020

Really tangible and useful. I have been able to take what I've learned in this specialization so far to create dashboards at work. I'm really pleased with how much I've learned in such a short time!

126 - 150 of 154 Reviews for Creating Dashboards and Storytelling with Tableau

By Rochelle R

Jun 12, 2020

Overall it was a good course. The last week was very boring. But I enjoyed doing the PGA assignments.

By Hà D D

Oct 29, 2020

This is a good course. However, I think it need a lot of updates for the current version of Tableau

By Han X

Nov 22, 2017

Much better than Course 3 due to much more hands on learning and practice.

By Carlos P

Jul 15, 2017

I would have like to have seen a few more storytelling examples.

By Scott D

Jul 9, 2018

Great balance of theory, instruction, and reference material.

By ying z

Apr 16, 2020

good class, but need step by step to teach to do the project

By Priscila C d F

Oct 14, 2019

Sometimes the course is repetitive, but it good at all.

By Christophe H

Apr 3, 2017

Many tools and methods beyond the power of Tableau

By Irvin Y D M

Aug 4, 2018

it was great course new things new vision

By Dr R D

Oct 27, 2020

Best one so far in the Specialization.

By David A S J

Jul 7, 2017

Good course but a little bit large

By Chinmaya M

Nov 1, 2017

Great way to arrange the modules.

By Lauraleen O

Feb 4, 2018

Sympathique

By Bob C

Apr 2, 2017

There were some good modules in this course and the assignments were helpful in applying the principles. The videos were not as polished as those in the previous courses. It gave the feel of the course a bit of "quick to market" feel, particularly given that it was a week late in getting started.

Overall though, I would recommend it.

By Sameer J

Jun 14, 2021

I found the course underwhelming. If you want to learn Tableau functionality, I would suggest taking one of the courses on Udemy. If you want to learn about data visualization/storytelling in general, this is an okay course.

By Larry C

Mar 31, 2017

Week 1 & 2 not terribly useful; week 3 (in depth look at actions within dashboards) & 4 (significant content relating to building a story) are what I expected the class/series to be.

By Praphat C

Jan 13, 2020

the lesson is not clear to understand and I do not really know the points of this learning as well as, the speaker's rhythm made me annoying

By Ana L C

Jul 14, 2019

No es lo que esperaba. Mucha lectura y poco video con casos prácticos y dinámicos para desarrollar el análisis.

By Katherine C

Jul 31, 2021

I had an assignment that was graded incorrectly. I was docked points for no reason, and that's not fair.

By Yizhao

Mar 28, 2018

It would be better with some post editing of the video. don't have patience for the redundant talk...

By Mark B

Jul 10, 2019

Peer review took a lot of time.