Back to Foundations of Everyday Leadership

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Foundations of Everyday Leadership by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

In this foundational course, you will learn about the “head and heart” of everyday leadership by exploring dynamics of individual and group decision making and the challenges of managing motivation. Central to the course is forming a nuanced understanding of why and how leadership skills are critical to an organization’s success. You will be able to: - Articulate why and how leadership skills are so critical to organizational success - Use leadership skills to work more effectively with others and organize teams to work more effectively together - Apply the foundations of effective leadership skills to everyday situations This course is part of Gies College of Business’ suite of online programs, including the iMBA and iMSM. Learn more about admission into these programs and explore how your Coursera work can be leveraged if accepted into a degree program at https://degrees.giesbusiness.illinois.edu/idegrees/....

IR
Dec 16, 2020

I found this course to be very informative. I really enjoyed the Videos and i was very much surprised at the interactive sessions. I am encouraged to complete other courses.\n\nA huge THANK YOU!!!!!!!

IJ
Jul 3, 2020

Honestly, its one of the most effective online foundational course on effective leadership. I'm particularly overwhelmed by the much I have learnt about utilising the group decision making process.

1051 - 1075 of 1,257 Reviews for Foundations of Everyday Leadership

By AMIRA

Sep 19, 2021

GOOD

By Mona A A

Jun 6, 2021

GOOD

By Yodina S

Mar 17, 2021

Good

By MALLADI V K

Dec 27, 2020

GOOD

By Tapdiq M

Dec 17, 2020

Good

By Augustin U

Dec 16, 2020

good

By Shreya J

Oct 20, 2020

Good

By H A

Oct 20, 2020

Good

By Shahdeen A

Sep 15, 2020

Nice

By Maryam S A

Sep 6, 2020

good

By I A

Jul 8, 2020

good

By Maryam N

best

By Malek A A

Jun 8, 2020

good

By Syed T H

Good

By Abdulaziz A M

Jan 10, 2020

Dec 12, 2017

G

By Roshni F

Mar 13, 2016

The course was very informative and practical. I liked that it had case studies that needed working with others. However, if there is a way that mentors from the university could also grade the case study assignments, it would be useful. When I graded, I didn't look for the exact use of terminology but if my coursemate had documented the idea, I gave a positive grade. People could have a bias to the grading. At times I found people randomly added me probably to access the case study but didn't bother to discuss. In a future upgrade of the course, if the university can assign teams and track progress somehow it would be great. Perhaps limit the number of entries to each course and assign a mentor per few groups. I enjoyed it however and learnt alot which I will apply to my work. Thank you.

By Mohammed M

Apr 18, 2020

The overall course was easy and required minimum work which is great for the executive. One thing I as hoping to better designed: the video lectures, they needed more interactivity. moving graphics or animations or even case studies. Also some of the articles. while they were a great read, they were not truly part of the course. They needed special memberships, which is fine, but that should have been clarified in advance. Additionally some papers were available in links othter the ones mentioned, which would have provided access to the artic;le for the students, without breaking IP regulations

By David R

Nov 5, 2016

Great course. my constructive criticism has to do with the organizing of the group activities, it's just very difficult to organize into groups via people whom you have not met, especially given the time zone differences as well the differences in daily schedules for group members. I just wonder if there's a possibility to organize the group projects in such a way that the website allows for better asynchronous work (not just emailing back and forth as that feels very disorganized)? Otherwise I feel that I learned a lot and I feel that this is a great intro class.