Back to Foundations of Everyday Leadership

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Foundations of Everyday Leadership by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

In this foundational course, you will learn about the “head and heart” of everyday leadership by exploring dynamics of individual and group decision making and the challenges of managing motivation. Central to the course is forming a nuanced understanding of why and how leadership skills are critical to an organization’s success. You will be able to: - Articulate why and how leadership skills are so critical to organizational success - Use leadership skills to work more effectively with others and organize teams to work more effectively together - Apply the foundations of effective leadership skills to everyday situations This course is part of Gies College of Business’ suite of online programs, including the iMBA and iMSM. Learn more about admission into these programs and explore how your Coursera work can be leveraged if accepted into a degree program at https://degrees.giesbusiness.illinois.edu/idegrees/....

IR
Dec 16, 2020

I found this course to be very informative. I really enjoyed the Videos and i was very much surprised at the interactive sessions. I am encouraged to complete other courses.\n\nA huge THANK YOU!!!!!!!

IJ
Jul 3, 2020

Honestly, its one of the most effective online foundational course on effective leadership. I'm particularly overwhelmed by the much I have learnt about utilising the group decision making process.

1101 - 1125 of 1,255 Reviews for Foundations of Everyday Leadership

By sagarika s

Apr 22, 2018

THIS A TERRIBLE ACT PEOPLE JUST TAKE REVENGE ON ASSIGNMENT , EVEN AFTER WRITING ALL THE POINTS SPECIFIED IN KEY , WE DON’T GET MARKS!

THIS ASSIGNMENT SHOULDN’T BE GRADED BY DUMB PEOPLE

By obasi r

Its a wonderful experience for me to be here! I've learnt a whole new perspective of decision making and implementation of such decisions for the overall good of an organisation.

By Ekpo, E E

This has been a very insightful, gratifying and mind-opening course. It certainly meets the expectations of a renowned business course, catering easily to a diverse student ship.

By Felipe P

Feb 25, 2021

O curso é muito inspirador, são apresentadas diversas situações, técnicas e oportunidades que nos fazem ser capazes de enfrentar o desafio da liderança de forma diferente!

By BRANDY S

Jun 15, 2017

This was a great introduction course. I enjoyed the material covered. I do find it is difficult to collaborate for the case study assignments but understand the importan

By Juan C P

Jul 1, 2020

It is good, I thought the last case study was not a good example. It is encouraging to engage in a mock price fixing activity, making look ok something that is illegal.

By Stephen A

May 9, 2020

I had the opportunity to understand thoroughly what leadership is about in a brief and simple way. Great course for me to advance my career now and in the future!.

By GERMAN M G

Mar 6, 2019

Professor Northcraft has a great knowledge on the course and professor Loewestein and Gonçalo are always "very fresh" introducing every module content and resumes

By Mohamed I

Sep 8, 2019

The course is considered very useful to help you understand the needs of a leader and how to think as a leader, how t create a group, and how to take decisions

By IRFAN A

Aug 15, 2017

It was very informative and learning session. Now, waiting for next module and course. can anybody tell me the commencement date of next course? Thank You.

By Carlos A L O

Jun 17, 2020

Excellent course, it really show me, what really is my job as leader and how to do it effectively. I really want to go deeper in some of the topics.

By Robert W

Jul 19, 2019

I enjoyed the way the course was run and the functionality of the website. There is a little room to make the course more challenging.

By Cathy L K

I had a lot of trouble with the ID verification and have not received my certificate as a result. Otherwise the course was very good.

By Drishtee C

May 6, 2021

The course touched upon important concepts with relevant examples. The content was interesting and applicable to practical scenarios.

By Rahul P P

Jun 23, 2020

Excellent course and good learning to keep us going in day to day work life, good case studies and quiet relevant for professionals

By Ru T

Aug 23, 2018

Almost all the case studies and the lectures are super relevant for any one striving to learn the science behind Leadership!

By Abhishek R

Jun 11, 2019

Main agenda of the course to explain how decision management work in real life. How to make decision , implement decision .

By Mohamed S A S

May 15, 2021

Some parts are quite fast paced and challenge is to follow. I had to go cover module 2 twice.

Overall very informative.

By Umang N

Sep 11, 2019

this. course focus is learn from other person perspective. common things which we tend to forget while doing our job

By Babangida I B

Sep 18, 2020

Besides difficulty navigating some of the module's activities on my mobile device, I enjoy every bit of the course.

By Emi K

Dec 31, 2018

I felt as if the course could have gone deeper on the concept of heuristics and on probability in decision making.

By Kiy S

Oct 11, 2018

Great course; better if you put in the time to do the exercises and case studies as directed. I certainly learned

By Sandeep S

Aug 15, 2020

Extremely helpful for kickstarting your leadership qualities for a ride to continous and daily changing world.

By LONKOJU V

Aug 13, 2020

The course content and the process of delivery both are excellent. I submit my gratitude to Prof. Northcraft.

By Mr. A K D

It is a good course to understand the basics of leadership and accordingly l will change my way of working