Back to Foundations of Everyday Leadership

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Foundations of Everyday Leadership by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

In this course you will learn about the “head and heart” of everyday leadership, individual decision making, group decision making, and managing motivation. The objectives are to understand why and how leadership skills are so critical to organizational success, and learn the foundations of effective leadership skills. Learners: • Understand why and how leadership skills are so critical to organizational success • Know how to use leadership skills to work more effectively with others, and are able to organize teams to work more effectively together • Will be able to apply the foundations of effective leadership skills to everyday situations faced by leaders. This course is part of the iMBA offered by the University of Illinois, a flexible, fully-accredited online MBA at an incredibly competitive price. For more information, please see the Resource page in this course and onlinemba.illinois.edu....

AM

Jul 18, 2019

Very useful content, excellent teachers and well thought teaching methods. I couldn't recommend more for those tackling the problem of making a group help leaders decide and implement decisions.

KS

Mar 29, 2019

The course provided an excellent foundation for the way a leader (rather than a manager) can leverage their knowledge to build a better team. It is an excellent primer for the following courses.

1 - 25 of 466 Reviews for Foundations of Everyday Leadership

By David B

Feb 22, 2018

This course is a very good introduction to the iMBA program. The content is exactly the sort of knowledge I want to gain; which is how to be a purposeful leader. Great foundation! Thank you!

By Tom H

Jul 20, 2018

I worked hard on my first PEER reviewed paper and I recieved a 3 out of 10 which was a complete shocked to me. I was proud of my work and deserved a 10 out of 10! Unbelievable Im getting graded by people who do not know if they understand English! After this experience will not take a course again unless its by a professor. I would rather pay more than have it graded by a professor than a peer who knows nothing.

By Kevin R S

Mar 29, 2019

By WAHEED U R

Apr 22, 2019

I must say it's really amazing and informative course. I've learned a lot about leadership and its foundations in everyday life. Thank you Coursera Team for arranging such wonderful course on this platform for Business Students like me.

By Kartik N

Mar 12, 2017

Not a fan of this course. Reasons:

1) The subject material is presented in a dry manner (too much talking and jargon) - I find it repetitive and boring. I have to play it at least 1.75x in order to get through the material and try and stay engaged but I still have a hard time paying attention. Seriously, so boring!

2) There is a high degree of subjectivity in grading essays (peer reviews)

This course can benefit from:

1) Clearer introduction of concepts using pictures and animations, as well as cutting out the repetitiveness (and the assault of the jargonaut)

2) A better approach to grading that places importance on concepts instead of key words (jargon)

By Rayssa K

Nov 18, 2018

Very good and useful introduction to leadership. I do recommend, specially for technical people starting a business career.

By Fatimata B K

Nov 19, 2018

Very useful

By Joseph R B

Dec 08, 2018

Excellent course! Easy to follow but also very informative and actionable for managers/leaders.

By Modupe R E

Dec 09, 2018

I had the best of time during this course period.

By Mai K

Dec 24, 2018

Amazing!!!!

By Bamidele J

Dec 24, 2018

Am short of works.. This is Course is very educative. I will recommend it for all Leaders that want to get the best from their group

By Roxana P

Jan 28, 2019

Excellent course

By Reena C

Jan 04, 2019

Excellent Course ! Learnt very good concepts and would recommend to people.

By SATPAL S

Jan 29, 2019

This online leadership program was very interesting and useful. It enhanced my belief that other's view point is essential for taking any decision. Group discussion are really important and helpful for personal and professional arena.

2Course fees of Rs 3607 was deducted from my account on 17/01/2019 even after completion of my course on15/01/2019.without any prior intimation.

3. I faced difficulty in online submission of writing assignment of module 3. Even after submission it was pending

By Sudhan K

Feb 03, 2019

Excellent structure and content of the course!

By KALUMBA T

Feb 05, 2019

I have joined the course and am now competent in what l do where leading is concern

By Jay K

Nov 24, 2018

so far the course was great, definitely learned a lot

By Muralikrishnan R

Nov 10, 2018

Very nice course and very much useful. The way the professors taught was simply out of the world. Thank you.

By Tamer Y E

Nov 08, 2018

nice opportunity to learn with coursera

By Ahmad N A

Nov 10, 2018

Great!

By Moustafa

Jan 05, 2019

very useful course

By Marie-Claude D

Jan 06, 2019

The course was an excellent introduction to leadership and decision making. I would have like to have more information of "managing the heart" but maybe this comes in future modules / courses in this serie.

By Seth A A

Jan 08, 2019

This course is very simplified and comprehensive. I had fun doing it