Back to Foundations of Everyday Leadership

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Foundations of Everyday Leadership by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

In this course you will learn about the “head and heart” of everyday leadership, individual decision making, group decision making, and managing motivation. The objectives are to understand why and how leadership skills are so critical to organizational success, and learn the foundations of effective leadership skills. Learners: • Understand why and how leadership skills are so critical to organizational success • Know how to use leadership skills to work more effectively with others, and are able to organize teams to work more effectively together • Will be able to apply the foundations of effective leadership skills to everyday situations faced by leaders. This course is part of the iMBA offered by the University of Illinois, a flexible, fully-accredited online MBA at an incredibly competitive price. For more information, please see the Resource page in this course and onlinemba.illinois.edu....

KS

Mar 29, 2019

The course provided an excellent foundation for the way a leader (rather than a manager) can leverage their knowledge to build a better team. It is an excellent primer for the following courses.

AM

Jul 18, 2019

Very useful content, excellent teachers and well thought teaching methods. I couldn't recommend more for those tackling the problem of making a group help leaders decide and implement decisions.

226 - 250 of 483 Reviews for Foundations of Everyday Leadership

By Michael J

May 31, 2018

This course was very engaging, had great instruction and the case studies were fun. I highly recommend this for anyone because from the top to bottom everyone should be able to employ the skills taught in this class.

By KENNETH L

Dec 13, 2017

Excellent course! Tons of good information that can be used right

By Tina

Mar 07, 2018

Very helpful and enlightened me quite a lot, much convinced that I shall benefit in my future career by learning this course.

By NAVEEN K G

May 07, 2018

It was really very useful to develop competency in every day leadership . Thanks

By Musa B

Jun 17, 2018

This was an exceptional course - a well organized course which give me exactly what I needed. The instructor was very knowledgeable and presented the material in a way that was very beneficial.Thank youMusa

May 23, 2018

content

By Randy R

Feb 03, 2018

Great insight and discussion

By Amelie D

Jun 20, 2018

This was a very good course on Leadership foundations. I particularly enjoyed the group decision making process and how to best manag

By HJ

Feb 17, 2018

Fantastic! Very well structured and delivered, really appreciate making this content available online.

By Peter K

Apr 27, 2018

I think the most useful content I've ever seen. Even If you are a beginner or an experienced leader you will find interesting things during the course.

Highly recommended!

By EBRAHIM J

Mar 01, 2017

Great Leadership concepts shared in this course.

By Kristina S

Mar 13, 2018

wonderful course

By Barry L

Jan 19, 2018

This course opened my eyes to numerous elements of Leadership that I was unaware of!

By E A

Oct 19, 2017

Excellent course! Really enjoyed it.

By PAVEL D

Feb 08, 2017

Well organized and easy to follow course

By Timothy T

Mar 30, 2018

Practical and very useful, i go back and review content and videos. Makes me want to do the MBA

By TERENCE W

May 08, 2017

Gives me a breakdown on aspects of effective leadership, and how each action engages the members to think for the group's benefit.

By Gerardo A J

Feb 07, 2018

Great course learned a lot!

By MICHAEL R

Apr 18, 2017

I found this course to be highly informative. I also discovered new methods to address common leadership problems.

By Leteshia C

Jul 03, 2018

Exceptional.

By Ibrahim A

Sep 05, 2017

Excellent and smooth lecturing, many thanks for all your kind efforts.

By mark a s

Jan 31, 2018

Such a wonderful learning experience from top university in the world ;)

By Mason F

Aug 31, 2017

I felt the score of 0 for exceeding the 120 word limit on peer reviewed essays was taken a bit too seriously by other students. I understand excessively long answers are not good but I received scores of zero for being less than ten words over the limit two times. Seems like students are a bit too inflexible. I had to make my answer less complete to satisfy the word limit which seemed like a worthless use of time and a trivial exercise.

By Melea F

Feb 12, 2017

Great practical information that I could apply immediately in my

By Yan

May 15, 2017

Concepts are easy to understand and follow. Professor Northcraft is one of my favorite professors in Coursera. His courses are well-structured and get deeper and deeper gradually. The case study cases and the examples he used to explain were practical. Follow professor's pace I found myself completed the course without difficulties (oppositely it has given me lots of chances to think and discuss with others). Highly recommended.