Back to Foundations of Everyday Leadership

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Foundations of Everyday Leadership by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

In this foundational course, you will learn about the “head and heart” of everyday leadership by exploring dynamics of individual and group decision making and the challenges of managing motivation. Central to the course is forming a nuanced understanding of why and how leadership skills are critical to an organization’s success. You will be able to: - Articulate why and how leadership skills are so critical to organizational success - Use leadership skills to work more effectively with others and organize teams to work more effectively together - Apply the foundations of effective leadership skills to everyday situations This course is part of Gies College of Business’ suite of online programs, including the iMBA and iMSM. Learn more about admission into these programs and explore how your Coursera work can be leveraged if accepted into a degree program at https://degrees.giesbusiness.illinois.edu/idegrees/....

IR
Dec 16, 2020

I found this course to be very informative. I really enjoyed the Videos and i was very much surprised at the interactive sessions. I am encouraged to complete other courses.\n\nA huge THANK YOU!!!!!!!

IJ
Jul 3, 2020

Honestly, its one of the most effective online foundational course on effective leadership. I'm particularly overwhelmed by the much I have learnt about utilising the group decision making process.

226 - 250 of 1,244 Reviews for Foundations of Everyday Leadership

By NIKOLAOS D

Oct 5, 2020

The course is indeed very useful. this experience helps me to identify weaknesses and adjust properly my approach to several leadership and management issues.

By Elena I D

Jan 10, 2018

Very well structured, clear information.

I didn't like that the peer graded assignments were limited to 120 words, I would suggest increasing the limit to 200.

By Sean E

Feb 8, 2019

I enjoyed this course and learned a lot. The professors made the lectures go by fast by encouraging participation and thought about the discussion material.

By Vidhya N

Feb 4, 2021

Professor Northcraft is a very effective teacher and I really liked his style of teaching. This was a fun yet very informative course. Enjoyed learning! :)

By Annjala T

Nov 28, 2020

The course helped me a lot and gave me a lot of insight into the roles and responsibilities of a leader. It definitely help when i become a leader one day!

By Jacob W

Jun 23, 2020

This was a great course! I learned things that I can begin putting into practice immediately. Thank you for offering it. I look forward to taking others

By H A

Mar 15, 2019

This has really help me to understand the inportant of inclusiveness and also the two tasks of a leader. making of decision and implementation of decision.

By DINNA D U

Oct 18, 2017

This course if very usefully the course content was adequate, pertinent and relevant The knowledge acquired will improve my performance and productivity .

By aly o

Dec 8, 2020

thanks for this great course iam really learned more about the leadership and how could be an effective leader thanks all instructor for this great course

By Juan D L L

Jul 12, 2020

Nice course! This is a very interesting and helpful course if you want to introduce to the basics of leadership (a skill that everyone should know about)

By Jorge A A

Feb 18, 2020

Informational and practical application of the content allows for deep understanding of the concepts and methods I was introduced to through this course.

By Woo S L

Sep 4, 2019

I found the course to be very insightful, and although the concepts may be simple, they provide a very useful tool and approach for real-life situations.

By Arut K

Sep 29, 2018

This course is very effective and amaze to see that there are a lot people in world who support, evaluate your learning and provide the right direction.

By Faye V S

Sep 25, 2016

I would highly recommend this course to anyone who is passionate about leadership and care about people! It is fun and easy to apply to your daily life.

By DEANNA D

Feb 10, 2017

This was an excellent course that lays the foundation of everday leadership. All objectives were met and the practice quizzes as well as graded quizzes

By Linda M

This was a really great course!! I have been in management positions most of my career and the content of this course was so enlightening and helpful!

By Syed A A

Jun 8, 2018

The beginning was fantastic. The last module was not upto the mark.Yet i learned so much new with the course about everyday leadership. Recommend it !

By Mikhael C

Feb 23, 2018

It’s a great way to learned about the foundation great leaders do to make better decisions and motivate others to interact the way we want them to do.

By Simwero J

Oct 26, 2017

It's quite enlightening, I enjoyed all the way to the end. I have learnt so much on leadership and looking forward to being a transformational leader

By Joe-Kai T

Apr 2, 2021

Very nice introductory course that puts concepts, which one may have thought about and experienced casually before, into a formal setting/framework.

By Jyothir A S R M

Oct 29, 2020

I would say this is definitely an eye opener for me. This course has really thought the value of leadership that I can put it in my everyday career.

By Modester A O

A very fundamental course for everyone. I am more than glad I took this course. Thanks to the professors and the colleagues that made this possible.

By Paul S

Mar 4, 2019

Excellent course that gets leaders in a position to be more thoughtful and effective in their roles. You won't regret any time put into this course.

By Irene J

Feb 11, 2017

Great course. Puts a structure to human behavior when working in teams. Enables one to overcome limitations and work/lead with the team effectively.

By Louisa H

Jan 31, 2021

This course did a great job of using video, quizzes, readings, discussions and writings to promote not just learning, but retention of the subject.