Back to Foundations of Everyday Leadership

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Foundations of Everyday Leadership by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

In this course you will learn about the “head and heart” of everyday leadership, individual decision making, group decision making, and managing motivation. The objectives are to understand why and how leadership skills are so critical to organizational success, and learn the foundations of effective leadership skills. Learners: • Understand why and how leadership skills are so critical to organizational success • Know how to use leadership skills to work more effectively with others, and are able to organize teams to work more effectively together • Will be able to apply the foundations of effective leadership skills to everyday situations faced by leaders. This course is part of the iMBA offered by the University of Illinois, a flexible, fully-accredited online MBA at an incredibly competitive price. For more information, please see the Resource page in this course and onlinemba.illinois.edu....

UB

May 14, 2020

It is the best management course I have come across. The concepts are explained beautifully by the instructor and the case studies are excellent as well. I feel really improved after this course.

AM

Jul 18, 2019

Very useful content, excellent teachers and well thought teaching methods. I couldn't recommend more for those tackling the problem of making a group help leaders decide and implement decisions.

76 - 100 of 708 Reviews for Foundations of Everyday Leadership

By Vladimir H

Jun 05, 2019

Awesome course. I learned a lot about being an effective leader and how to use some of the tools to help a leader in the decision making process. Overall enjoyed the course and the content was very well put together.

By Michael J

May 31, 2018

This course was very engaging, had great instruction and the case studies were fun. I highly recommend this for anyone because from the top to bottom everyone should be able to employ the skills taught in this class.

By Abdullahi A M

Apr 12, 2020

I thoroughly enjoyed the course. Learning about inclusiveness, the decision analysis process and intricacies of group decision making provided excellent insight to why several initiatives fail and how to avoid them.

By Dr A P

Apr 23, 2020

Prof Gregory Northcraft gave very good explanation about challenges in everyday leadership,decision analysis and the concepts of managing motivation.This course is useful to all heads/Managers and team leaders.

By Brad K

Feb 21, 2020

This was a fun, engaging class that immediately provided helpful tools that I was able to apply to my current work teams. Motivating my teams using head and heart has improved team morale and engagement. Thanks!

By Tan J F

Aug 22, 2018

Thank you, this course really helps improve my academics and career path. I really enjoyed studying this subject because it made an impact in my life and how to see things more clearly and be more a good example.

By JAMES M K (

Dec 28, 2018

An excellent entry level course that has already helped me in my job as a manager in nuclear power. This is also an excellent way to gain additional educational information when you already have a full time job.

By Ahmed N R

Nov 19, 2017

I learned valuable information about leadership and management, although i facilitate workshops on effective leadership and business management i found it very informative and the case studies were very useful .

By Doug K

Feb 04, 2020

Excellent leadership overview. This takes 20 different books on leadership and distills it down into the Head and Heart of leading people. The lectures are succinct, factual, and still manage to be interesting.

By Jose L M

Sep 07, 2019

I definitely recommend this course to others. The course has excellent material in a very concise matter. This makes the course attractive because it goes straight to the point. Overall, it enjoy this class.

By Ali J H

Jan 24, 2017

The knowledge in this course is really connected and applicable to not-only the everyday situations in in our businesses but also in general everyday lives.

It has very useful and practical information to seek.

By 冯艺

Mar 22, 2018

This course gives me an overall idea of everyday leadership, as well as the concepts and some possible sceneries in reality. and the assignment requires a correct understanding It is a good start for my study.

By Natali H

Feb 10, 2020

I learnt a lot about decision making (both individual and in groups) and how as leaders we can influence the quality of those decisions. I also learnt about my innate behaviors and how to improve as a leader.

By Fahad M A

Jan 28, 2020

This's a well prepared course with a real applicable and useful knowledge and leadership skills. I really enjoyed it with a very big thanks to the professors at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.

By Marie-Claude D

Jan 06, 2019

The course was an excellent introduction to leadership and decision making. I would have like to have more information of "managing the heart" but maybe this comes in future modules / courses in this serie.

By Musa B

Jun 17, 2018

This was an exceptional course - a well organized course which give me exactly what I needed. The instructor was very knowledgeable and presented the material in a way that was very beneficial.Thank youMusa

By Ron E

Dec 05, 2019

I enjoyed the course very much. Leadership is not normally something i would have taken I'm more of a math and Science guy. I can't wait to try some of the techniques in some of my next company meetings

By Umang B

May 14, 2020

By Robert K

Feb 21, 2020

Great, insightful content, well-structured and very accessible to beginners. I highly recommend this course as a starting point for everyone new and interested in understanding leadership.

By Abdul G

Apr 12, 2020

It glad I went on to take this course offered by COURSERA. The professors of the course were so open in sharing their experience and the concept of leadership is well explained in this.

By Thomas E

Nov 07, 2016

Professor is engaging, concise and his points and presentations keep my attention. Truly appreciate the challenge of not seeing faces but being engaging via a screen. Really well done.

By Aimeallah A

Aug 13, 2018

i like all the new information which i got from this course really it worth my time and my effort .

a big thanks to the employees and the ones who are doing this Course

By Paras J

Nov 17, 2016

Wonderful course

Helped me on the job. If you are part of a team, learnings from this course can be immediately applied to have a successful team. Especially helpful for a team leader

By Messias M U

Nov 10, 2017

This is a revision based on my experience of week 1. Exceptional. Leadership has metrics that must be met or fail the responsibility if the metrics are not met. Great to learn that.

By Mateo C

Excelente curso, los profesores de la Universidad de Illinois son extremadamente capaces e informados. Te enseñan de una manera tan practica y fácil que se siente que estas ahi.