Back to Foundations of Everyday Leadership

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Foundations of Everyday Leadership by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

In this foundational course, you will learn about the “head and heart” of everyday leadership by exploring dynamics of individual and group decision making and the challenges of managing motivation. Central to the course is forming a nuanced understanding of why and how leadership skills are critical to an organization’s success. You will be able to: - Articulate why and how leadership skills are so critical to organizational success - Use leadership skills to work more effectively with others and organize teams to work more effectively together - Apply the foundations of effective leadership skills to everyday situations This course is part of Gies College of Business’ suite of online programs, including the iMBA and iMSM. Learn more about admission into these programs and explore how your Coursera work can be leveraged if accepted into a degree program at https://degrees.giesbusiness.illinois.edu/idegrees/....

IR
Dec 16, 2020

I found this course to be very informative. I really enjoyed the Videos and i was very much surprised at the interactive sessions. I am encouraged to complete other courses.\n\nA huge THANK YOU!!!!!!!

IJ
Jul 3, 2020

Honestly, its one of the most effective online foundational course on effective leadership. I'm particularly overwhelmed by the much I have learnt about utilising the group decision making process.

176 - 200 of 1,247 Reviews for Foundations of Everyday Leadership

By Prabha B

Jul 13, 2020

The lessons are interesting and course taught me what is necessary for a leader in the current world. Very much appreciate the course contents and explanation given by Instructor.

By Diana B

Mar 4, 2021

Awesome. I love this course. It is rich in content, and challenging in assignments but so useful in practical life experience!. I'll recommend others to join this class for sure!

By Angelica E S C

Jun 3, 2021

It is a magnificent course, it helped me to recognize many aspects to improve in terms of the leadership role that I generally like to play, highly recommended and entertaining!

By Angelayi k y

Jul 16, 2020

As basic fundamental to learn the leadership , and it was great to gain and share experience from other colleagues from around the world . nice to learn and having a lot fun

By Akshay K

Amazing Course by ILLINOIS University gained lots of knowledge and skills . Its also the great initiative of coursera to provide such a great courses with such amazing teachers

By Mateo C

Excelente curso, los profesores de la Universidad de Illinois son extremadamente capaces e informados. Te enseñan de una manera tan practica y fácil que se siente que estas ahi.

By Nikos L

May 16, 2020

A great introduction to the leadership concepts. Very good for beginners and not only if you want to have valuable reference for making decisions, handling groups and much more.

By Naimul K

Jul 11, 2019

I am pleased to learn conceptual terms of leadership and I feel I can implement the learnt concepts in my workplace to foster my everyday decision making and excel in my career.

By LaVella B

Aug 5, 2020

i found the material user friendly. the instructor was knowledgeable and concise. the delivery was on point which enabled me to learn and apply the material to my work life.

By Arvind G R

May 21, 2018

Very well organized course and the case studies helped understand the concepts discussed in the modules. A big thanks to Prof. Northcraft for making it a wonderful experience.

By Tuhin S

Aug 23, 2020

Great course. Highly informative if you want to mould yourself into an effective leader. I am already applying some of the principles learnt in this course on my current job.

By Liesel W

May 23, 2020

Loved this course absolutely brilliant. Really enjoyed how it worked on Leadership and connecting with teams and how to get the best out of people, motivation, diversity etc.

By qudrat b

May 9, 2020

I loved the course, especially the written notes. It becomes handy to read if you could not complete the video in one go. The written material also works as a quick refresher

By Tom W

Aug 11, 2016

Very good course that gets to some extremely important aspects of what leadership is. I found it a nice refresher with some good suggested and mandatory reading assignments.

By DIEGO A A P

Jul 2, 2020

It's been very enriching complete this course. it helps me to understand the importance of the decision-making process as a whole.

In one word, I would describe as excellent!

By Mina R H B

The name says it all ! It really puts the basis for managing people ! the info provided is essential for every team leader ! Can't lead a team without knowing these basics !

By Monica P

Jan 14, 2020

I truly enjoyed the content and Professor's Northcraft videos and explanations of the concepts was very easy to follow. I can't wait to continue with the remaining courses!

By Kira

Dec 1, 2019

The class was great. I learned a ton, the information and modules were laid out in a logical manner. The classwork was just the right amount. I highly recommend this class.

By Peter K

Apr 27, 2018

I think the most useful content I've ever seen. Even If you are a beginner or an experienced leader you will find interesting things during the course.

Highly recommended!

By IRFAN F

Jun 29, 2021

Im very interesting to Study at this Course, and im Complete to get my first Coursera Certificate from this Course, Thanks to Coursera and I GIES give me the best Course.

By Rahul S

Sep 6, 2020

I have learned so many things from this course, how the leadership work, how to manage the team, how to make the decisions. i have gained best knowledge from this course.

By Carmen T

Feb 8, 2020

This is an amazing course; so nicely taught and concepts simplified. The case studies are great at reinforcing the theoretical concepts. I have enjoyed this course a lot!

By Lawrence A

Sep 12, 2019

I have really enjoyed this course especially the sections on motivation and leading in a group environment. The concepts are very easily applicable in every day work life

By Eduardo L

May 13, 2018

I appreciate the way the course is shown. I am a busy person and i need easy ways to obtain information, to share information, and this course achieve all my requeriments

By B M K (

May 30, 2021

My first course in coursera , it was so exciting and interesting too. I would recommend students interested in leadership can take up this course without any hesitation.