Back to Foundations of Everyday Leadership

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Foundations of Everyday Leadership by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

In this foundational course, you will learn about the “head and heart” of everyday leadership by exploring dynamics of individual and group decision making and the challenges of managing motivation. Central to the course is forming a nuanced understanding of why and how leadership skills are critical to an organization’s success. You will be able to: - Articulate why and how leadership skills are so critical to organizational success - Use leadership skills to work more effectively with others and organize teams to work more effectively together - Apply the foundations of effective leadership skills to everyday situations This course is part of Gies College of Business’ suite of online programs, including the iMBA and iMSM. Learn more about admission into these programs and explore how your Coursera work can be leveraged if accepted into a degree program at https://degrees.giesbusiness.illinois.edu/idegrees/....

IR
Dec 16, 2020

I found this course to be very informative. I really enjoyed the Videos and i was very much surprised at the interactive sessions. I am encouraged to complete other courses.\n\nA huge THANK YOU!!!!!!!

IJ
Jul 3, 2020

Honestly, its one of the most effective online foundational course on effective leadership. I'm particularly overwhelmed by the much I have learnt about utilising the group decision making process.

201 - 225 of 1,246 Reviews for Foundations of Everyday Leadership

By Leola

Jan 24, 2020

What a fantastic way to learn as a full-time employed single mom. I found the course to be well structured, insightful and practical. Looking forward to the next course!

By Holly C

Apr 22, 2020

Engaging and educational. Brief but interesting stories really helped reinforce the concepts. Thank you for the instruction and things I can use everyday in leadership.

By Himanshu G

Feb 9, 2020

This course equipped me with structural underpinnings to think about decisions I make every day- as an individual, or as a leader of a group, or as a member of a group.

By Shaswathaa G

Oct 22, 2019

Coursera gave me the right platform to understand the concepts deeply rather than just learning . Through coursera one could learn and understand the concepts clearly .

By Sohrob N G

Jul 30, 2019

Thanks for offering a useful course with lots of supporting videos, presentations, pdf files, and materials to test my comprehension level. Would definitely recommend.

By Christopher C

Sep 16, 2020

That as leader you need to involve people before you can take a decision ,always engage you team to be part of the things you are doing or want them to do or implement

By SONIA S

May 7, 2020

Course covered all the aspects, Detail oriented,systematic flow of thoughts with much clarity.Thanks to the Faculty team for developing such content. Great experience!

By Andrea V

Apr 29, 2020

I really enjoyed this course and I have learned so much from it ! I only hope that soon I will have the opportunity to implement this knowledge to my working position.

By Ishan M

Fundamental yet Exceptional insights into everyday leadership. The assignments are so perfectly intertwined to bring out the learning into action. Highly recommended.

By NAND K J

Apr 29, 2020

Excellent entire session and all module are crisp and detailed kept on curiosity of learner and answering the questions giving the complete concept and understanding

By babak f

May 4, 2017

I really enjoyed the course, and could easily relate to a lot of the issues discussed. The material is well explained and the supplemental readings are very helpful.

By Aladdin A

Aug 15, 2021

I really enjoyed and learned a lot from this course, it is cleverly constructed to engage learners and make them remember all essential concepts that is introduced.

By Chao M

Mar 3, 2021

I love this course and this way of learning and completing the course. This way of learning is simple to do but no less instructive. I would recommend it to others.

By Bernard C

Dec 7, 2020

Foundations of Everyday Leadership is a good introduction to Strategic Leadership. I am pleased and excited to continue learning to improve my leadership qualities.

By Rohan K

Feb 8, 2020

Wonderful course which provides with a completely different perspective on leadership that's not easily known to technologists like myself. I highly recommend it!

By Raju R S

Apr 25, 2021

The First course out of the seven was really good in theoratical overview and understanding of concepts and how people react for decision making and motivation.

By Aranza G S

Aug 25, 2019

This was great, most of the lessons and case studies involved situation I'm going through at the moment and helped me figure them out in the most objective way.

By Sajjan G

Sep 8, 2016

It was a great experience learning this topic, particularly as a group.

Thanks to Prof. Gregory Northcraft for making the sessions simple and easy to understand.

By SOUNAK B

May 27, 2021

W​onderful initiative by Gies School of Business. The course has an excellent insight over leardership skills and getting ourselves upgraded from time to time.

By Rajesh o

Sep 30, 2020

Extremely well organized and quoted learnings. I loved it. The course taught you s much about Inclusiveness, leading, decision making, and many more. Thank you

By DHANESH B

Sep 6, 2020

Incredible course with real-life applications. I've definitely walked off this course with a better knowledge of handling teams and thus being a better leader.

By Dnyaneshwar M

Aug 29, 2020

To good... course...How to build leader ship.in personal & professional life that's why this course need thanks Coursera & TMTC...to get this opportunity......

By Ana C C d l R

Jul 30, 2020

Great experience, at the beginning was difficult find classmates to work with, but we end with a great group. I learned a lot, great information and resources.

By Adam J K

Jan 27, 2020

Very interesting content that offered insights into everyday leadership challenges while delivering actionable information that can be implemented immediately.

By Sameh E

Jul 10, 2017

Well delivered and engaging, materials were perfect and the instructor was knowledgable. I really enjoyed the course, and it will definitely make a difference.