Back to Foundations of Everyday Leadership

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Foundations of Everyday Leadership by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

In this foundational course, you will learn about the “head and heart” of everyday leadership by exploring dynamics of individual and group decision making and the challenges of managing motivation. Central to the course is forming a nuanced understanding of why and how leadership skills are critical to an organization’s success. You will be able to: - Articulate why and how leadership skills are so critical to organizational success - Use leadership skills to work more effectively with others and organize teams to work more effectively together - Apply the foundations of effective leadership skills to everyday situations This course is part of Gies College of Business’ suite of online programs, including the iMBA and iMSM. Learn more about admission into these programs and explore how your Coursera work can be leveraged if accepted into a degree program at https://degrees.giesbusiness.illinois.edu/idegrees/....

IR
Dec 16, 2020

I found this course to be very informative. I really enjoyed the Videos and i was very much surprised at the interactive sessions. I am encouraged to complete other courses.\n\nA huge THANK YOU!!!!!!!

IJ
Jul 3, 2020

Honestly, its one of the most effective online foundational course on effective leadership. I'm particularly overwhelmed by the much I have learnt about utilising the group decision making process.

151 - 175 of 1,248 Reviews for Foundations of Everyday Leadership

By Natali H

Feb 10, 2020

I learnt a lot about decision making (both individual and in groups) and how as leaders we can influence the quality of those decisions. I also learnt about my innate behaviors and how to improve as a leader.

By Fahad M A

Jan 28, 2020

This's a well prepared course with a real applicable and useful knowledge and leadership skills. I really enjoyed it with a very big thanks to the professors at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.

By Marie-Claude D

Jan 6, 2019

The course was an excellent introduction to leadership and decision making. I would have like to have more information of "managing the heart" but maybe this comes in future modules / courses in this serie.

By Musa B

Jun 17, 2018

This was an exceptional course - a well organized course which give me exactly what I needed. The instructor was very knowledgeable and presented the material in a way that was very beneficial.Thank youMusa

By Joseph C

Aug 19, 2020

Very nicely organized and explained. Study material can be downloaded and read offline. VEry good explanation of concepts with examples. Recommend to people who want to lay a foundation on leadership role

By Afsar A K

Jul 26, 2020

I enjoyed learning online. It was a good experience for me. The study materials were really helpful understanding the course under each module. And instructors were awesome! Thanks for this opportunity.

By Ron E

Dec 4, 2019

I enjoyed the course very much. Leadership is not normally something i would have taken I'm more of a math and Science guy. I can't wait to try some of the techniques in some of my next company meetings

By Martin H

Aug 15, 2021

Great course to understand the foundations of leadership in the understanding of critical decision making for the betterment of the organization, providing excellent tools to carry out those decisions.

By Nsabibaruta M

Dec 29, 2020

The course was so wonderful and provided good insight in leadership perspective. How to manage people and the role of effective management and contribution to decision making and implementation.

By ALI E

May 8, 2021

every second I spend on this course give me a better vision of the management and leadership, just for Iranian student, please help us to verify our identity and take the certificate of course

By Eulalio P

Aug 30, 2020

A good online course for especially for handling people. You will learn the importance of diversity, motivation (use of rewards), and influencing people to come up with high quality decision.

By SHAISHAV S

Aug 28, 2020

Superb Content. I have been managerial role for last decade and have done a number of workshops on motivation. The motivation through the prism of Laws of Effects and Expectancy was just great

By Pranjul K

Sep 8, 2020

It was a wonderfull cource,full of activities and casestudies which makes it more interesting.Also, loved the peer to peer evaluation concept.The content was easy to understand and implement.

By Anugruh S

Oct 1, 2020

the thing i liked the most is that if you fail in an attempt for the assignment, you get a whole new set of questions. Which makes sure that you know the concept and then only you can pass.

By DENNIS W K T

Mar 13, 2021

Foundations of Everyday Leadership, has change my mindset from being merely a Manager to become a good Leader. Be open to others and listen to information in order to make better decision.

By Robert K

Feb 21, 2020

Great, insightful content, well-structured and very accessible to beginners. I highly recommend this course as a starting point for everyone new and interested in understanding leadership.

By Vasantha K K K

Jul 19, 2020

It is a fantastic course who wish to be a leader. I learnt a lot about decision making, implementation and managing people in an organization. Thank you for such a wonderful opportunity.

By Mohammed A G

Apr 12, 2020

It glad I went on to take this course offered by COURSERA. The professors of the course were so open in sharing their experience and the concept of leadership is well explained in this.

By Thomas E

Nov 7, 2016

Professor is engaging, concise and his points and presentations keep my attention. Truly appreciate the challenge of not seeing faces but being engaging via a screen. Really well done.

By Bonafide C

Jun 15, 2021

The course is very necessary to all leaders in today's corporate world. I have gained so much knowledge and have already started to implement the elements of decision making I learnt.

By Aimeallah A

Aug 13, 2018

i like all the new information which i got from this course really it worth my time and my effort .

a big thanks to the employees and the ones who are doing this Course

By Paras J

Nov 17, 2016

Wonderful course

Helped me on the job. If you are part of a team, learnings from this course can be immediately applied to have a successful team. Especially helpful for a team leader

By Gandharva S

it is a properly structured course that involves everything in a perfect manner.Even if you have experience in leadership there will be something extra that this course has to offer

By Messias U

Nov 10, 2017

This is a revision based on my experience of week 1. Exceptional. Leadership has metrics that must be met or fail the responsibility if the metrics are not met. Great to learn that.

By Kristine L

Jan 24, 2021

I'm very grateful for this course because I have learned a lot about the basics of being a leader in an organization. It met my expectations and really motivated me to learn more.