Back to Foundations of Everyday Leadership

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Foundations of Everyday Leadership by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

In this course you will learn about the “head and heart” of everyday leadership, individual decision making, group decision making, and managing motivation. The objectives are to understand why and how leadership skills are so critical to organizational success, and learn the foundations of effective leadership skills. Learners: • Understand why and how leadership skills are so critical to organizational success • Know how to use leadership skills to work more effectively with others, and are able to organize teams to work more effectively together • Will be able to apply the foundations of effective leadership skills to everyday situations faced by leaders. This course is part of the iMBA offered by the University of Illinois, a flexible, fully-accredited online MBA at an incredibly competitive price. For more information, please see the Resource page in this course and onlinemba.illinois.edu....

IJ

Jul 04, 2020

Honestly, its one of the most effective online foundational course on effective leadership. I'm particularly overwhelmed by the much I have learnt about utilising the group decision making process.

SP

Jun 24, 2020

This course has engaging content and comes with excellent examples that one can relate to. Also the discussion forums are a great place to learn from co-learners. Totally worth the time invested.

51 - 75 of 775 Reviews for Foundations of Everyday Leadership

By Kanav K

Aug 06, 2019

This course is the first course I took for iMBA. It has changed how I lead my team at work and how I try to be leader in situations where I am not the leader. The concepts are very clearly explained. I would recommend this course to everyone who wants to get better at being a leader.

By synthia n

Jul 19, 2018

This is a really good module on leadership. most often i see courses like these with just theory, but this module has case study and writing exercise which help the learner apply what they learn and that way muscle memory is built and you remember the modules for a long time.

By Miguel L

Feb 20, 2016

Excellent information rendered throughout the course; very concise and well explained lectures by Prof. Northcraft; minimum content issues; magnificent level of participation from fellow students. So far the best course I've taken online in Coursera or any other platform.

By Hemangi S N

This is a great course ti understand the foundation of Everyday leadership. The course content is well designed. The way it is presented/ formed is also great in its unique way. I am rally happy to complete the course and will surely recommend it to others. Thank you.

By Dhinesh A D

Jun 01, 2020

Great course on leadership skills that can be implemented in the workplace or into your business. The lectures were brief and informative. Highly suggested for those who frequently conducts or attends meeting. Provides strong foundation to improve leadership skills.

By Arvind R

Jun 05, 2020

The course on foundations of leadership is well structured and easy to follow

Thanks to Professor Gregory Northcraft and team of professors I did enjoy the course

The teachings wrt head and heate, motivation, composition, incusion etc was interesting

Thanks

Regards

By Daniel O

Apr 10, 2018

Exceptional by all standard. Nothing could make you not remember its insightful and well presented lectures. Want to outstretch yourself, and bring out the hidden talents in you, then quickly enroll in this course. This case studies will make you a creative giant.

By Martin C

Feb 11, 2016

Nice insights! Good course with actually steps to follow to overcome the issues presented! Really a great course! Teacher's great, I wish he'd loose a little the "army style" speech and grading system but you know, diversity is what makes this world great! Thanks!

By Vishesh G

Oct 10, 2018

This course equips you with the knowledge of exactly what it says in the title. The course met my expectations quite well and was actually quite practical in its teachings as I could relate and think of where I can apply this knowledge in my real life situations.

By Helene Y

Feb 12, 2019

The Foundations of Everyday Leadership is a very useful and fun course. I hope that the decision tree and the best decision suggestions can be explained or discussed in more depth. I really like this course, these instructors who have already guided the course.

By Nina R Y

Jul 14, 2019

A must for entrepreneurs, if you are looking for the best way to quickly increase your leadership skills, you have to take this course. You will learn so much and it is so engaging that will leave you craving for more.

Your team needs a leader not a boss.

By Fabio C

The course is a very useful tool not only for students but also for professionals already occupying leadership roles; it is an entertaining mixture of lectures, articles and case studies providing practical Tools to manage the everyday's Fundamentals

By Robert C

Jan 07, 2020

I learned a lot from this course - more than I expected. The many components of leadership, the psycology behind it and working with others, and understanding what it takes on a truly deep level what it takes to be an effective leader in every sense.

By Puraskar R

Apr 10, 2020

Amazing !! Gives a real perspective about working in a group dynamics and evolving the leadership qualities. It was important for me since i have to engage with large group and my performance is mostly dependent on the effectiveness of the groups...

By Ballio C

May 05, 2017

Thank you for a thoughtful class on leadership. It was a great course with a lot of quality materials. I've learned quite a good deal of helpful information on the building blocks of leadership. I can't wait to practice what I've learned in my work.

By Sean M S

Jul 08, 2020

I don't think this is an extremely difficult class, but it's very useful. It makes you think about the topics and you'll naturally draw in comparisons from your own experience to identify ways to do things differently or better in the future.

By Ran X

Jul 02, 2017

The course rationalizes what we might feel to be intuitive about managing decision and motivation. It also offers practical and specific advice on overcoming common pitfalls in making decision and motivating people to implement the decision.

By Ali R

Aug 04, 2016

5 Stars. The professor did an excellent job. Drove the points home with relevant readings and lectures that were concise and made references to examples that enhanced the topics. I hope every other class turns out this smooth and efficient.

By Rahat I A

Apr 20, 2020

Content ant concepts of the course are very much similar to the daily life challenges faced at a work place. Really a helpful course to deal with the situations appear in an organization by applying the knowledge gained through the course.

By Mahara a A

Dec 17, 2019

Am loving this course. Short and sweet. Well explained and to the point, making it easier for employed and extremely busy individuals like me to read and understand easily and in short span of time. Thank you very much for this inititaive.

By Christophe F

Apr 19, 2020

Excellent course to learn the essentials and critical notions for everyday leadership! The case studies are really interesting and fun to put in practice what has been taught in the lectures and the elements of the extra reading material.

By Carol W

Jun 08, 2018

I learned a great deal about how to be a good leader and helped to make a company successful by using good decision-making, avoiding process loss, and making sure employees are allowed to participate in group decision-making. Thank you.

By Riccardo d G

May 15, 2020

This course provided me with fundamental feedback about ideas I had the chance to develop autonomously through the years, explanations about issues I had been facing and, mainly, a greater perception of who a leader should be nowadays.

By Olusolade B H

Aug 23, 2019

I really enjoyed this course. Thank you for the opportunity. I have really learned a lot that I am ready to put to great use in organizational context and even in my daily life. I look forward to starting the next stage of this course.

By Daniel D B

The course is very well structured, the teachers do it in a very clear, professional and precise way. The information available is very supportive for learning. Thank you very much for giving me the opportunity to be in the Program.