Back to Foundations of Everyday Leadership

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Foundations of Everyday Leadership by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

In this course you will learn about the “head and heart” of everyday leadership, individual decision making, group decision making, and managing motivation. The objectives are to understand why and how leadership skills are so critical to organizational success, and learn the foundations of effective leadership skills. Learners: • Understand why and how leadership skills are so critical to organizational success • Know how to use leadership skills to work more effectively with others, and are able to organize teams to work more effectively together • Will be able to apply the foundations of effective leadership skills to everyday situations faced by leaders. This course is part of the iMBA offered by the University of Illinois, a flexible, fully-accredited online MBA at an incredibly competitive price. For more information, please see the Resource page in this course and onlinemba.illinois.edu....

AM

Jul 18, 2019

Very useful content, excellent teachers and well thought teaching methods. I couldn't recommend more for those tackling the problem of making a group help leaders decide and implement decisions.

KS

Mar 29, 2019

The course provided an excellent foundation for the way a leader (rather than a manager) can leverage their knowledge to build a better team. It is an excellent primer for the following courses.

51 - 75 of 524 Reviews for Foundations of Everyday Leadership

By Rosane L d R

May 08, 2017

The course is very well structured and it brings a very well formulated and grounded content. The tasks have been intellingently formulated and ensure the courses absorption. I like it very much. It will help me a lot day by day.

By Michelle J

Oct 17, 2017

Learned a lot from this course, highly recommend all the leadership classes, University of Illinois has quality, disruptive education and could compete with any Ivy League school. It stands out by democratizing education!

By Lokman A

Jul 16, 2017

I like it very much, Professor Northcraft's techniques of teaching, and the Courses' materials are vital tools to learn, and how to utilize those tools in order to be a successful Manager and Leader in your institution!

By Iris S

Oct 11, 2016

This course was a great start to Foundations of Everyday Leadership. I actually learned tangible examples and techniques. The assignments and quizzes were great and I can't wait to keep learning in the courses to come!

By Noureldin B

Sep 25, 2019

I admit that this was one of my most exciting and helpful courses ever specially with the very simple language used by the respectful professor .

Thanks for this tremendous experience wishing you all the best of luck.

By Vladimir H

Jun 05, 2019

Awesome course. I learned a lot about being an effective leader and how to use some of the tools to help a leader in the decision making process. Overall enjoyed the course and the content was very well put together.

By Michael J

May 31, 2018

This course was very engaging, had great instruction and the case studies were fun. I highly recommend this for anyone because from the top to bottom everyone should be able to employ the skills taught in this class.

By Tan J F

Aug 22, 2018

Thank you, this course really helps improve my academics and career path. I really enjoyed studying this subject because it made an impact in my life and how to see things more clearly and be more a good example.

By JAMES M K (

Dec 28, 2018

An excellent entry level course that has already helped me in my job as a manager in nuclear power. This is also an excellent way to gain additional educational information when you already have a full time job.

By Ahmed N R

Nov 19, 2017

I learned valuable information about leadership and management, although i facilitate workshops on effective leadership and business management i found it very informative and the case studies were very useful .

By Doug K

Feb 04, 2020

Excellent leadership overview. This takes 20 different books on leadership and distills it down into the Head and Heart of leading people. The lectures are succinct, factual, and still manage to be interesting.

By Jose L M

Sep 07, 2019

I definitely recommend this course to others. The course has excellent material in a very concise matter. This makes the course attractive because it goes straight to the point. Overall, it enjoy this class.

By Ali J H

Jan 24, 2017

The knowledge in this course is really connected and applicable to not-only the everyday situations in in our businesses but also in general everyday lives.

It has very useful and practical information to seek.

By 冯艺

Mar 22, 2018

This course gives me an overall idea of everyday leadership, as well as the concepts and some possible sceneries in reality. and the assignment requires a correct understanding It is a good start for my study.

By Natali H

Feb 10, 2020

I learnt a lot about decision making (both individual and in groups) and how as leaders we can influence the quality of those decisions. I also learnt about my innate behaviors and how to improve as a leader.

By Fahad M A

Jan 28, 2020

This's a well prepared course with a real applicable and useful knowledge and leadership skills. I really enjoyed it with a very big thanks to the professors at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.

By Marie-Claude D

Jan 06, 2019

The course was an excellent introduction to leadership and decision making. I would have like to have more information of "managing the heart" but maybe this comes in future modules / courses in this serie.

By Musa B

Jun 17, 2018

This was an exceptional course - a well organized course which give me exactly what I needed. The instructor was very knowledgeable and presented the material in a way that was very beneficial.Thank youMusa

By Ron E

Dec 05, 2019

I enjoyed the course very much. Leadership is not normally something i would have taken I'm more of a math and Science guy. I can't wait to try some of the techniques in some of my next company meetings

By Alexandre B d M

Jul 18, 2019

By Thomas E

Nov 07, 2016

Professor is engaging, concise and his points and presentations keep my attention. Truly appreciate the challenge of not seeing faces but being engaging via a screen. Really well done.

By Aimeallah A

Aug 13, 2018

i like all the new information which i got from this course really it worth my time and my effort .

a big thanks to the employees and the ones who are doing this Course

By Paras J

Nov 17, 2016

Wonderful course

Helped me on the job. If you are part of a team, learnings from this course can be immediately applied to have a successful team. Especially helpful for a team leader

By Messias M U

Nov 10, 2017

This is a revision based on my experience of week 1. Exceptional. Leadership has metrics that must be met or fail the responsibility if the metrics are not met. Great to learn that.

By Akshay K

Jan 02, 2020

Amazing Course by ILLINOIS University gained lots of knowledge and skills . Its also the great initiative of coursera to provide such a great courses with such amazing teachers