Back to Excel/VBA for Creative Problem Solving, Part 1

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Excel/VBA for Creative Problem Solving, Part 1 by University of Colorado Boulder

"Excel/VBA for Creative Problem Solving, Part 1" is aimed at learners who are seeking to augment, expand, optimize, and increase the efficiency of their Excel spreadsheet skills by tapping into the powerful programming, automation, and customization capabilities available with Visual Basic for Applications (VBA). This course is the first part of a three-part series and Specialization that focuses on the application of computing techniques in Excel/VBA to solve problems. In this course (Part 1), you will: 1) create macros to automate procedures in Excel; 2) define your own user-defined functions; 3) create basic subroutines to interface with the user; 4) learn the basic programming structures in VBA; and 5) automate Excel’s Goal Seek and Solver tools and use numerical techniques to create “live solutions” to solve targeting and optimization problems. New to computer programming? The extremely intuitive and visual nature of VBA lends itself nicely to teaching and learning - what a fun way to learn to code! No prior knowledge in programming nor advanced math skills are necessary yet seasoned programmers will pick up new and creative spreadsheet problem solving strategies. After you have learned the basics of VBA, each module will introduce foundational and broad problems inspired by situations that you might encounter in the real world. To pass each module, you'll need to pass a mastery quiz and complete a problem solving assignment. This course is unique in that the weekly assignments are completed in-application (i.e., on your own computer in Excel), providing you with valuable hands-on training....

MS
Jan 26, 2018

Great course! I like it goes straight to implementation and is practice-oriented. What could be improved maybe is sound quality of lectures. And maybe it would be great to have some VBA notes in pdf.

PP
Apr 18, 2020

The pattern of course is really nice.It first teaches all the basic information in video and the assignments are designed in a way that all the taught information are used to solve the assignment.

751 - 775 of 794 Reviews for Excel/VBA for Creative Problem Solving, Part 1

By David E

Apr 12, 2020

I've learned the basics. Just what I needed. Not excellent but pretty fine.

By José L L

Mar 6, 2020

I think it needs a more simple explanation around the different statements

By Esteban Z

May 3, 2018

Very well oriented, hands-on course. Aplicable for daily tasks immediately

By Luis C

Oct 4, 2020

Agregar mas ejercicios con do while, do until, for each y tabla dinamica.

By Peerathach S

Jul 16, 2020

Should make VBA file workable for mac users too! Otherwise it's amazing

By Jean-Baptiste C

Dec 22, 2019

Great course. Concepts are presented in a clear and simple manner.

By scott d

Jan 11, 2020

Wish they had another 2 or so projects quizzes to cement learning

By E.V. M

Sep 20, 2018

You learn a lot here. Highly recommened. It will challenge you!

By Ponciano R

Mar 27, 2018

Great course, wish it would be a little slower paced but it´s ok

By CH V J

Aug 24, 2020

Excellent teaching , it had been great learning from coursera

By Aldo A S Z

Mar 16, 2019

Very nice course, I learned the basics of VBA programming.

By Manikavelu K

very good learning class, thankyou so

By Anurag A

Dec 23, 2019

Can you put an example for booleans?

By Jose F B D P

Jun 29, 2020

Try it! This course is essential

By Jesse

Jul 24, 2019

Good and relevant instruction

By CHIGURUPATI L N

Jun 21, 2020

This course helped alot!!!

By MICKAEL H

Nov 11, 2020

Tough but well explained.

By Balaram S

Aug 20, 2020

Foi

By Humam T

Sep 29, 2020

I will come back to why three stars in a bit, but first the instructor is good and the course is excellent. I learned a lot, and at some point I will take part 2. The instructor is too hard. The quizzes are, and the assignments are hard. In fact, they are so hard that it was such a turn off. I was going to cancel the course. We all had classes where the class and the teacher was so hard, that made you hate the material. Even though the instructor was good, if I were in a university setting, I would avoid the teacher. Does it sound like I am contradicting myself... I am not. I enjoyed learning what I learned. There was too much to learn (by the nature of the material). There's no need to make it harder and get us discouraged. Should have been easier to allow us some success that we can build on.

Humam