Back to Cameras, Exposure, and Photography

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Cameras, Exposure, and Photography by Michigan State University

Welcome to Course One of Photography Basics and Beyond: From Smartphone to DSLR! In these first 4 Modules you will gain the knowledge and the confidence that will help you make good choices as you consider qualities of the camera you own, and the qualities of the other types of digital cameras you might be considering. You will learn about the basic functions that most digital cameras have in common. You will also go beyond the "technical" matters and learn about how you can make exciting pictures by emphasizing the aspects of Frame and Vantage Point to interpret old subjects in new ways. Discovering accessories that photographers find useful, and the types of camera bags from mini to carry-on sized, is also in store for you. You will also make your first photographs and, if you are a subscriber to the specialization, upload pictures to the web gallery and start interacting with your fellow learners in our "Gallery." Let's get started with Module One!...

R

Dec 23, 2017

This course was very informative and provided just the right amount of challenge for me to stretch my creativity and newly obtained knowledge. I enjoyed it and I am looking forward to the next course.

ME

Sep 12, 2016

Very good coarse...I am now taking #3 soon be finished, its just keeps getting better all the time...its so good I may move to Michigan, .... but then who would root for USC (Trojans- the real USC

1 - 25 of 555 Reviews for Cameras, Exposure, and Photography

By Rami A

Mar 30, 2016

Poor video and audio quality. Not worth the price.

By Lingam S S

Jan 24, 2019

Best photography courses for beginners, it covers all the aspects of different ways of capturing images.

By rhonda m

Apr 10, 2019

loved it

By Pakasit W

Jun 22, 2019

the course structure is well organized

By Praveen D

Jun 13, 2019

i really loved this course!

By Archontia T

Dec 12, 2018

I always liked taking pictures, but never really knew anything about photography techniques or how to use any other exposure mode than Auto. After this course I feel I have really started to understand more about this amazing art that is called photography.

By Иванюта Е А

Nov 27, 2018

Курс очень понравился, спасибо огромное за интересную и новую информацию, креативные задания и поддержку. Курс очень хорош для начинающих фотографов.

By Monica S

Jan 11, 2019

I am really enjoying the course. i thinks its pretty to follow instructions.

By Abdurrahman S

Jan 11, 2019

Good

By Akash N P K

Feb 04, 2019

The course was really good. I would suggest this to people who are new to photography.

By Shamily K

Jan 04, 2019

your explanation is really wow

By June L N

Sep 30, 2016

The course covered the material thoroughly, but the presentation could be improved: 1. the examples, charts and other helpful aside additions could be left on screen during the relevant discussion. I often had to pause and go back to study the material that was only briefly displayed. 2. Using the screen for just a video of the lecturer speaking seems a waste of the many video techniques that could be included, with the lecturer in a small window at the side. 3. Although the lecturers tried not to favor one brand over another, at times it seemed like we were watching an infomercial. Maybe this can't be helped, as all the camera's features, and their accessories, were described in detail. I for one have a camera that I want to learn to use more professionally. Purchase suggestions could be moved to an addendum. In my opinion it should not be in the body of the course material.

I am finding a lot of good information in the course, and am continuing with the second section.

By Edgar C

Jun 15, 2019

Gives a good overview of the basics of photography. Later courses provide more detail

By Nicole J

Nov 19, 2018

Nice introduction to photography basics.

By Melissa D

Dec 23, 2018

I learned a lot about how to use my camera, how to think about photography (my own and that of others) and a little about the history of cameras. A lot of information packed in a short course. Would definitely recommend.

By Jan M

Dec 10, 2018

I ve learned so much through this course. I m able to set my camera, think about vantage points and framing of pictures now. I recommend this course to anyone who wants to take photography seriously.

By Michael R H

Jan 31, 2019

Most excellent and very in depth presentation and coverage of material on Photography. I feel privileged to study Photography with the both of you!

By Bilal A

Nov 06, 2018

Nice Course.

By Yarob E

Nov 10, 2018

it was wonderful, fun,and very useful,and it learns us very much things that we didn't know it yet

thanks for professors and for every person help us to learn this course

greetings

By Karen W

Nov 13, 2018

An engaging and interesting foundational presentation of the photographic process and expression.

By Amy E

Jan 16, 2019

I am transitioning from my iphone camera to a mirrorless dslr, and this course had been very helpful for me.

By Paul

Jan 17, 2019

Great introduction into photography that doesn't muck around with quick fix solutions but rather a comprehensive foundation of the very basics.

By Daniela R A

Jan 07, 2019

Amazing course that change my point of view about the cameras and a "Good" picture.