Back to Cameras, Exposure, and Photography

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Cameras, Exposure, and Photography by Michigan State University

529 reviews

Welcome to Course One of Photography Basics and Beyond: From Smartphone to DSLR! In these first 4 Modules you will gain the knowledge and the confidence that will help you make good choices as you consider qualities of the camera you own, and the qualities of the other types of digital cameras you might be considering. You will learn about the basic functions that most digital cameras have in common. You will also go beyond the "technical" matters and learn about how you can make exciting pictures by emphasizing the aspects of Frame and Vantage Point to interpret old subjects in new ways. Discovering accessories that photographers find useful, and the types of camera bags from mini to carry-on sized, is also in store for you. You will also make your first photographs and, if you are a subscriber to the specialization, upload pictures to the web gallery and start interacting with your fellow learners in our "Gallery." Let's get started with Module One!...

R

Dec 23, 2017

This course was very informative and provided just the right amount of challenge for me to stretch my creativity and newly obtained knowledge. I enjoyed it and I am looking forward to the next course.

ME

Sep 12, 2016

Very good coarse...I am now taking #3 soon be finished, its just keeps getting better all the time...its so good I may move to Michigan, .... but then who would root for USC (Trojans- the real USC

1 - 25 of 517 Reviews for Cameras, Exposure, and Photography

By Rami A

Mar 30, 2016

Poor video and audio quality. Not worth the price.

By rhonda m

Apr 10, 2019

loved it

By Lingam S S

Jan 24, 2019

Best photography courses for beginners, it covers all the aspects of different ways of capturing images.

By June L N

Sep 30, 2016

The course covered the material thoroughly, but the presentation could be improved: 1. the examples, charts and other helpful aside additions could be left on screen during the relevant discussion. I often had to pause and go back to study the material that was only briefly displayed. 2. Using the screen for just a video of the lecturer speaking seems a waste of the many video techniques that could be included, with the lecturer in a small window at the side. 3. Although the lecturers tried not to favor one brand over another, at times it seemed like we were watching an infomercial. Maybe this can't be helped, as all the camera's features, and their accessories, were described in detail. I for one have a camera that I want to learn to use more professionally. Purchase suggestions could be moved to an addendum. In my opinion it should not be in the body of the course material.

I am finding a lot of good information in the course, and am continuing with the second section.

By Edgar C

Jun 15, 2019

Gives a good overview of the basics of photography. Later courses provide more detail

By Praveen D

Jun 13, 2019

i really loved this course!

By Leo L

Jun 13, 2019

Creo que fue muy bueno el curso, fue muy teórico, yo esperaba un poco más práctico, pero estuvo muy bien de cualquier manera.

By ADM C 8

Jun 12, 2019

The course was really very help

By Rama A M

Jun 10, 2019

this course is more than amazing, thanks a lot

By Kittiya M

Jun 07, 2019

By Sofia K

Jun 05, 2019

As good as i expected! Very helpful , i can use my camera better now to create much nicer and creative photographs!

By Abeer H I

Jun 04, 2019

It was a real enjoyment to take his course, it is a great opportunity to develop yourself as a photographer. Thank you all for your efforts.

By Arnaldo S

May 31, 2019

Very good course full of detail and well organized.

By HAMID A

May 29, 2019

Gr8 course for photography enthusiasts/

By MOHAMED M E

May 29, 2019

شاكرا موقع كورسيرا واشكر اساتذتي في هذا الدوره

By Clare A M

May 27, 2019

The course is very well articulated, but I find that it has a very slow pace.

By Julie

May 20, 2019

Excellent overview of photography and feel it not only assists the beginner in this area of study but also would be a great review for any level of photographer. Felt very much as though I was learning at a level that went past the basic adult education courses I could have taken and am very pleased the high level of participation and expectation that is part of this course. For me, it made it all that more enjoyable to learn. The professors are both interesting people and excellent photographers who are on a level that is internationally recognized for their contributions. Again, so very pleased with this course and looking forward to the entire specialization, there is so much more to learn and I am looking forward to each step!!! Would highly recommend !!!

By Parshikova T A

May 14, 2019

This cours is very inspiring and informative. Thank You, authors!

By J K

May 09, 2019

The lectures are excellent. The assignments are interesting.

However, the forums (one of the best aspects of many Coursera courses) are nothing more than a ghost town of desperate pleas for review of assignments. Every single post on every single subforum is an unanswered plea for review. Unanswered. Ugh. A separate sub-forum should be created for these. Or better yet, the peer review process should be fixed so that the begging for reviewers is not necessary.

Also, about 1/3 of the people who tried to review my submissions could not open the photos. I complied with upload requirements. Likewise, I could not see several photos submitted by others. Instructors / mods should find the cause, and fix this Coursera glitch. If there are file size limitations or other factors on the student side, submission instructions should be updated.

By Bilqis D

May 05, 2019

This course is by far the best photography course I have come across!

By Mohammad s H

Apr 29, 2019

thanks for all

By Ray G

Excellent Course

By Paulo R G J

Apr 22, 2019

Excellent course!!! It promoted a change in my life!! I STRONGLY recommend!!

By John B E

Apr 22, 2019

Real good course - I have enjoyed every minute.

By Rhiannon E

Apr 21, 2019

I loved this course. I learned so much about the camera I've had for 4 years. I'm finally taking quality photos