Back to Cameras, Exposure, and Photography

Cameras, Exposure, and Photography, Michigan State University

About this Course

Welcome to Course One of Photography Basics and Beyond: From Smartphone to DSLR! In these first 4 Modules you will gain the knowledge and the confidence that will help you make good choices as you consider qualities of the camera you own, and the qualities of the other types of digital cameras you might be considering. You will learn about the basic functions that most digital cameras have in common. You will also go beyond the "technical" matters and learn about how you can make exciting pictures by emphasizing the aspects of Frame and Vantage Point to interpret old subjects in new ways. Discovering accessories that photographers find useful, and the types of camera bags from mini to carry-on sized, is also in store for you. You will also make your first photographs and, if you are a subscriber to the specialization, upload pictures to the web gallery and start interacting with your fellow learners in our "Gallery." Let's get started with Module One!...

By R

Dec 23, 2017

This course was very informative and provided just the right amount of challenge for me to stretch my creativity and newly obtained knowledge. I enjoyed it and I am looking forward to the next course.

By ME

Sep 12, 2016

Very good coarse...I am now taking #3 soon be finished, its just keeps getting better all the time...its so good I may move to Michigan, .... but then who would root for USC (Trojans- the real USC

478 Reviews

By Shreyas Kakade

Feb 19, 2019

nice course too learn basics

By yamen raies almena

Feb 16, 2019

Its great course

By GILDEMAR PAULO DA SILVA

Feb 14, 2019

Linguagem clara e a orientação de profissionais da fotografia altamente gabaritados que fizeram exposições pontuais que me permitiram ter uma clareza do que é e como fazer fotografia de qualidade. Quiz que testaram o meu conhecimento, o que me ajudou a fixar melhor a teoria e poder aliá-la à prática.

By Harshit Gangar

Feb 07, 2019

Learned a lot from this course.

By Akash Nambiar P K

Feb 04, 2019

The course was really good. I would suggest this to people who are new to photography.

By Bilal Ahmad

Feb 01, 2019

It's amazing for me.

By Michael R. Hall

Jan 31, 2019

Most excellent and very in depth presentation and coverage of material on Photography. I feel privileged to study Photography with the both of you!

By Maria Eugenia Pantoja

Jan 25, 2019

I love hoe you can learn in your time and how you have access whenever you want, and where ever you are!

By Lingam Sai Siddhant

Jan 24, 2019

Best photography courses for beginners, it covers all the aspects of different ways of capturing images.

By Bernardita Cubillos