Back to Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

Jun 22, 2018

2826 - 2850 of 2,905 Reviews for Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

By Rui d S

Jun 22, 2017

Good for non-professional people in the nutrition area. Super easy and understandable.

By Pim M

Aug 24, 2016

Short and concise. The course strongly aims for USA residents who eat too much. If you are that person, this course is perfect. As someone from another country without health problems, there was not much here. I was hoping to learn more about food and how to optimize my diet so as to increase energy, improve mood, increase life-expectancy, and reduce chances for depression. I found nothing about that. But it's not so bad because the course took me less than 3 hours and I still picked up a few things :).

By Kim H J

Oct 03, 2018

This course is too easy and too simple that we don't have to learn from the lecture. We already learned most of this course's information from high school, news, or SNS posts. Also, I'm a little doubted about the recipes if these are really healthy.

By Courtney D

Oct 04, 2019

I found this course very basic and almost all of what was said was pretty obvious to me. I would say this course is more suitable to people who have absolutely no knowledge about nutrition, food and health.

By Sarah S

Jan 26, 2016

more scientific evidence would have been useful

By Shamin B

Feb 05, 2018

Interesting but beginner level. Not very challenging.

By Thomas C

Nov 23, 2016

Incredibly basic- more for the average person rather than a student or professional, but it seems as though that is who the material is directed at- so not a great course if you are a professional looking to increase your knowledge, but great usable information that the average person can easily apply.

By Jennifer H

Feb 01, 2016

This seems like a good overview for those new to the kitchen, and/or health concerns more generally. For someone interested in deepening their understanding, it's of more limited value--but it is presented as an introduction. I wish there were readings to supplement the videos.

By Katharina S

Mar 04, 2018

Nice Course, I enjoyed it. But only very basic knowledge

By Boya D

Jan 04, 2018

The course is very introductory but well laid out. If you are already doing some readings on nutrition before this course, you will find more 50% of the course to be familiar. I really wish that the course is longer and have some more in-depth information, and possibly some more insights related to the various diet trends we see now.

By Hemant C

Jun 06, 2016

I expected little more in terms of how to structure food habits and diets

By Lynn J

Jan 23, 2018

This was a very basic course. I did enjoy the way the content was presented with casual convers

By Vita V

Jul 12, 2017

Для тех кто хоть иногда готовит и немного интересуется тем что он ест, курс полезен не будет.

By Cheryl C

Jul 23, 2017

This is a nice course for a reminder about common sense human nutrition. It contains information that most everyone should already know.

By Laura S

May 03, 2016

good overall conversation about food

By Fiona V

Apr 29, 2017

This course gives you a general overview over nutrition. It is a good start for those who want to have an healthier diet. Personally I already knew most of the information provided and I am a bit further into the 'eating healthy' process. The course is well done anyway and worth a look.

By Chiara R

Feb 02, 2019

Way to easy and too basic, can be completed in 1 or 2 hours.

By Mark

Feb 11, 2019

Pleasant and informative but VERY simplistic which was surprising for a Stanford course; I was expecting more on the bio/chemistry of nutrition and digestion, but this was more of a cooking show...

By Luke R

Jan 13, 2019

Perhaps helpful for someone looking to change their western diet for health reasons. However, I wouldn't recommend this course for anyone feeling like they will gain a dense (even introductory) knowledge of the science within nutrition. The first week has some insight that was new to me, but everything after was just about how to change your diet, shop and eventually recipes.

By Lisa v V

Feb 21, 2017

Useful information about nutrition, I would've loved to learn more about that. The part about home-cooking and how to reduce the health risks when cutting an onion where too superficial and unnecessary for me.

By Anna J

Jun 20, 2017

I live in the Czech republic (central Europe) and I didn't learn anything new about nutrition in this course. I know it all, from my mother and my grandmother and, well, we all know it should by like this, not saying it IS like this :-) but for me this course was very interesting as a "sociological research". Are there really people who don't know that home cooking is healthier than highly processed fast food? Are there people who don't know how important vegetable is? Very often I was just thinking "are you kidding me or is this the real life in the US?"

By Deniz Ö

Mar 27, 2017

It is a kind of introduction course as it was mentioned on course info, however it is very basic.

If there would be follow up courses about the same topic it is a good start, otherwise that is not a learning based lecture.

Thank you for your understanding.

Deniz Ozalp

By GBT

Apr 18, 2017

Did not go into enough detail, reiterated home cooking and spoil rate but did not get into specifics. Perhaps another class on what foods do what in your body would be beneficial.

By Giacomo M

Jul 06, 2018

Probably my delusion has been caused by different kind of expectation: nothing about this course is "wrong" I just found it excessively simple and basic, perhaps directed to a public that never took a knife and cut some vegetables before. I was hoping in some more technical information, and nutritional biology.. it looked more like a well made commercial for a healthy life stile.

By Sebastian S

May 12, 2018

Vegan propaganda and encourage you to eat shitty foods such as pasta. Can't believe it.