Back to Fundamentals of Network Communication

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Fundamentals of Network Communication by University of Colorado System

In this course, we trace the evolution of networks and identify the key concepts and functions that form the basis for layered architecture. We introduce examples of protocols and services that are familiar to the students, and we explain how these services are supported by networks. Further, we explain fundamental concepts in digital communication, and focus on error control techniques that include parity check, polynomial code, and Internet checksum. Students will be required to have some previous programming experience in C-programming (C++/Java), some fundamental knowledge of computer organization and IT architecture and a background in computer science is a plus....

G

Mar 18, 2018

It is a great course. The chapters amazed me. It made me to decide learn socket programming. I know my network skills will be improved after finish this course.

AO

Jul 13, 2019

This course helped me build foundation of computer communication. In the end, I feel like I had fun with interesting contents and assignments questions.

1 - 25 of 49 Reviews for Fundamentals of Network Communication

By Kartik R G

Oct 15, 2018

Very useful and very interesting course, helped me a lot in understanding the subject thoroughly.

By Piyush P

Nov 27, 2017

Not useful at all!

By Damian P

Dec 27, 2017

This is the worst course about networking on Coursera. Not consistent, lots of bugs in presentations, the assignments introduce cunfusion and the author seem not to be competent for teaching this stuff. There are much better courses out there. You can find better explanations on yt for free. If you don't want to waste your time and end up cunfused - just do not enroll.

By Mark M

Jun 25, 2018

Instructor has a thick accent that makes it difficult to understand the videos. On many occasions, I needed to stop and rewind the video just to understand what he was saying. The lecture videos, also, do not add much value to the instruction; often, he is simply reading the content on the slides. Lastly, this course assumes familiarity with polynomial division and binary math. On these topics, the provided examples were not sufficient to understand how to perform the necessary operations. I found that I needed to consult outside resources to fully understand the material and answer the quiz questions correctly.

By Vadzim

Nov 17, 2018

The accent of this instructor is unbearable: you will not follow the content of the lectures , instead it will take you tons of effort to understand his pronunciation!

By Ghulam M

Nov 27, 2018

Nice place for learning

By Abinash P

Dec 28, 2018

very good

By Kiran P

Jan 02, 2019

Excellent online courses by University of Colorado System on Coursera.

By Jiajun W

Jan 29, 2019

Love the content, explanation and examples. Very helpful

By Ramana r

Apr 09, 2019

kk

By K L A

Apr 09, 2019

GOOD

By Praveenkumar G

Aug 12, 2018

Studying the advancement of any area of technology will not only inspire your natural interest, it will also give you a deeper understanding of the main achievements in that are. It will make you aware of the existing trends, and help you to evaluate the prospects of specific developments.

This course all above said.

By Lucas B

Aug 28, 2018

This course contains content similar to the first few weeks of an undergraduate networking course (I had one ~7 years ago). The timelines are very relaxed and is easily completed in the 5 weeks. However, the content is DIFFICULT without a background in knowing how to study -- watch the lectures, read the slides, read the book, work through problems, and expand your mind. The lectures are top-notch and realize those alone, in any course EVER, are not enough to learn difficult content. The only downside is the lack of responses from anyone (including mods) on the discussion forums.

By Hesham T G T

Aug 16, 2018

nice to enroll with this course

By Anand P

Aug 19, 2018

supportive course

By Adway U

Oct 05, 2018

very elaborate course on networking

By yashas B S

Nov 01, 2018

gooodddddddddddddddddddd

By Madhura N

Jan 09, 2018

Great course and assignments! Had fun learning and answering quizzes. Professor Zhou covered all the m=important points in his slides. Thank you again.

By Keshika T