Back to Fundamentals of Network Communication

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Fundamentals of Network Communication by University of Colorado System

In this course, we trace the evolution of networks and identify the key concepts and functions that form the basis for layered architecture. We introduce examples of protocols and services that are familiar to the students, and we explain how these services are supported by networks. Further, we explain fundamental concepts in digital communication, and focus on error control techniques that include parity check, polynomial code, and Internet checksum. Students will be required to have some previous programming experience in C-programming (C++/Java), some fundamental knowledge of computer organization and IT architecture and a background in computer science is a plus....

VP

Nov 08, 2019

I learned many things from this course thanks for coursera ....\n\nunderstanding students who cann't with money providing free financial aid...\n\nthank you so much..

G

Mar 18, 2018

It is a great course. The chapters amazed me. It made me to decide learn socket programming. I know my network skills will be improved after finish this course.

1 - 25 of 126 Reviews for Fundamentals of Network Communication

By Mark M

Jun 25, 2018

Instructor has a thick accent that makes it difficult to understand the videos. On many occasions, I needed to stop and rewind the video just to understand what he was saying. The lecture videos, also, do not add much value to the instruction; often, he is simply reading the content on the slides. Lastly, this course assumes familiarity with polynomial division and binary math. On these topics, the provided examples were not sufficient to understand how to perform the necessary operations. I found that I needed to consult outside resources to fully understand the material and answer the quiz questions correctly.

By Damian P

Dec 27, 2017

This is the worst course about networking on Coursera. Not consistent, lots of bugs in presentations, the assignments introduce cunfusion and the author seem not to be competent for teaching this stuff. There are much better courses out there. You can find better explanations on yt for free. If you don't want to waste your time and end up cunfused - just do not enroll.

By Vadzim

Nov 17, 2018

The accent of this instructor is unbearable: you will not follow the content of the lectures , instead it will take you tons of effort to understand his pronunciation!

By Piyush P

Nov 27, 2017

Not useful at all!

By Amy O

Jul 13, 2019

This course helped me build foundation of computer communication. In the end, I feel like I had fun with interesting contents and assignments questions.

By Madhura N

Jan 09, 2018

Great course and assignments! Had fun learning and answering quizzes. Professor Zhou covered all the m=important points in his slides. Thank you again.

By Kartik R G

Oct 15, 2018

Very useful and very interesting course, helped me a lot in understanding the subject thoroughly.

By Bahubali M A

Apr 22, 2020

This course helped in understanding fundamentals of network communication with better coverage of contents.

Thank You..

By Anton G

Jun 16, 2019

I barely understand the lecturer, Information provided is not enough to answer all quiz questions (especially of the final one). I believe this course is useless for a beginner. Providing links to RFC and referring to some pages of Tanenbaum's "Computer networks" is unacceptable in a course (at least as a main source of information): I would never sign up for this course if I knew it is just provides me information on what to read. I can google it after all.

By Bharath S

Apr 23, 2020

very abstract. No detailed explanations or practical examples were taught. I took lot of other courses in coursera but this is not a typical coursera course. very much disappointed.

By Nelli B

Mar 17, 2020

the information presented in the lectures is completely inadequate and does not explain the subject.

By Lucas B

Aug 28, 2018

This course contains content similar to the first few weeks of an undergraduate networking course (I had one ~7 years ago). The timelines are very relaxed and is easily completed in the 5 weeks. However, the content is DIFFICULT without a background in knowing how to study -- watch the lectures, read the slides, read the book, work through problems, and expand your mind. The lectures are top-notch and realize those alone, in any course EVER, are not enough to learn difficult content. The only downside is the lack of responses from anyone (including mods) on the discussion forums.

By Praveenkumar G

Aug 12, 2018

Studying the advancement of any area of technology will not only inspire your natural interest, it will also give you a deeper understanding of the main achievements in that are. It will make you aware of the existing trends, and help you to evaluate the prospects of specific developments.

This course all above said.

By Said A M

May 09, 2020

All thanks to Coursera community for the wonderful course of Network Communication Fundamentals i have just completed my scholarship few hours ago during this corona virus pandemic and it was found interesting and beneficial.

By Güray Ç

Mar 18, 2018

By Vamanapalli B P

Nov 08, 2019

I learned many things from this course thanks for coursera ....

understanding students who cann't with money providing free financial aid...

thank you so much..

By Rashid G

May 05, 2020

I am university Student this course very help full to know about networking. And now i very easy clear my networking course in university....

By bharath h

Apr 14, 2020

A very good course learned amazing things. Thank you university of colorado and thank you coursera for such a great course.

By ACHANA M

Dec 27, 2019

I have gained much more knowledge than what I expected.

Thanks to UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO

Thanks to COURSERA PLATFORM

By P T R

May 05, 2020

Excellent Course. The Professor has explained the contents of the course excellently.

Prof. P.Trinatha Rao

By Sunday S U

Aug 09, 2019

This course is a wow, God i have never known that polynomial could be converted to binary this is awesome.

By Rahela H

Feb 26, 2020

Amazing course, however peer review lacks enough people who understand english.

By Samuel G d C

Apr 18, 2020

Very interesting, the lectures are very comprehensive with good bibliography.

By Dr. S B

Course was good, helped me to understand the basics of computer network.

By Kiran P

Jan 02, 2019

Excellent online courses by University of Colorado System on Coursera.