Back to Functions, Methods, and Interfaces in Go

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Functions, Methods, and Interfaces in Go by University of California, Irvine

Continue your exploration of the Go programming language as you learn about functions, methods, and interfaces. Topics include the implementation of functions, function types, object-orientation in Go, methods, and class instantiation. As with the first course in this series, you’ll have an opportunity to create your own Go applications so you can practice what you’re learning....

MN

Jun 04, 2020

Great specialization! Professor Harris not only explain the constructs of Go extremely well but also provides some foundations on software development that every developer should have.

PR

Apr 04, 2020

Ian G Harris teaches the topics in a very understandable way and I felt really happy finding the ways and mistakes which I resolved while implementing Go code during the assignments.

76 - 100 of 136 Reviews for Functions, Methods, and Interfaces in Go

Sep 27, 2018

a plus

By A S R

Aug 25, 2020

good

By yichen z

May 03, 2019

nice

By Alec J

May 21, 2019

I'll say again what I said regarding the first course in this series. The teacher is good, and the material is valuable, but the fact that students have to grade each others' work is ridiculous, and actually kind of angering, if I'm honest. Why would you trust me to grade someone else's work, while I'm learning it at the same time they are? Who knows? Maybe I'm an idiot. Even if I'm bright and hard-working, I won't have the same insight as an instructor would, looking at the same material. This is pedagogically difficult to justify, and I can only believe that it's meant to shield the instructor from the drudgery of the task.

By Jared D

Much better that the Getting Started Class. I appreciated how the instructions for the activities were much more detailed. There were some problems with the quizzes grading that I report seperately. It would have been nice in the activities encouraged error handling. I put error handling into my program since it was touched on in lectures both in Getting Started Course and this one. My peers wrote brittle code that only handled the expected input, but in the real world gracefully error handling and dealing with unexpected input is very important.

By ヒミエイゾウ

It was a great course! Especially, after the test was submitted, it was a great learning experience due to the mechanism that students could check the code with each other. Unfortunately, before I submitted my test, I felt that I had less opportunity to learn how to share code tips within the coursera. I felt that it would be even better if the students could learn more from each other.

By Chauncey G S J

Nov 11, 2019

Assignment 4 was telling us to create each Animal type: Bird, Cow, Snake with a name field of string type, but this was not required. There were other issues with wrong answers on quiz questions as well. The quiz question issues were well documented by other students in the forums.

By Julien C

several errors here and there, the slides are only duplicating information in a proprietary format, pdf would be better. The level is probably closer to beginner. Some statements are more opinions than facts. I guess this is a new course, thanks for putting it togheter

By sebastien6

Jan 07, 2019

Couple of interesting chapters and assignment. I though an additional chapter related to benchmark and testing is missing however in this module. Could make a great add on with assignment to test and benchmark latest assignment of the module.

By Mantas A

Sep 25, 2020

Were are some obvious mistakes in the course exercise assignment descriptions - which are not corrected. Otherwise it is a nice course for someone who has a good grasp of programming and wants to learn basics of Go. Would recommend it.

By Luiz C

Nov 08, 2018

Course is concise, though going through some advances concepts of functional programming. Presentation is ok. Examples and Final Exercises could be more interesting/challening

By Rob S

Dec 17, 2018

Good flow to this course, but again - I suggest replacing the peer review process with automated test-based grading and fleshing out the assignments a bit more.

By Robin Z

Mar 20, 2019

Nice follow-up on the first course, wish more focus would have been put on using interfaces

By Vidhan G

Sep 26, 2020

I would say this course was pretty decent to get around the basic concepts in golang ..

By Luis R A S

Jul 21, 2020

This course it's needed in the first one, but the things I've learned are so much good!

By Hongyi L

Oct 28, 2018

The course given by Ian is great. But I wish there would be a TA in future.

By Rahimli A

Sep 24, 2020

Very good course, but it has lack of examples. complete program examples

By Ronaldo e S V

Jul 21, 2020

Content is great, but need some polishing (specially the assignments).