Back to Greening the Economy: Sustainable Cities

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Greening the Economy: Sustainable Cities by Lund University

How can we shape our urban development towards sustainable and prosperous futures? This course explores sustainable cities as engines for greening the economy in Europe and around the world. We place cities in the context of sustainable urban transformation and climate change. We connect the key trends of urbanization, decarbonisation and sustainability. We examine how visions, experiments and innovations can transform urban areas. And we look at practices (what is happening in cities at present) and opportunities (what are the possibilities for cities going forwards into the future). This course was launched in January 2016, and it will be updated in September 2021 with new podcasts, films and publications. The course is produced by Lund University in cooperation with WWF and ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability who work with creating sustainable cities. The course features researchers, practitioners and entrepreneurs from a range organisations....

SV
Sep 28, 2019

This course has been approached not just for academic purpose but also it is a moral oligation to carry forward what has been taught. I thank the authorities and faculties who have made presentations.

MB
Mar 14, 2019

Really interesting course. I recommend it for all people who want to now how are cities need to act for sustainable development of our cities, how to prevent earth from fast increasing c02 footprint.

501 - 525 of 693 Reviews for Greening the Economy: Sustainable Cities

May 12, 2020

Ótimo.

By shubham k

Oct 9, 2020

good

By DIPTA S

Sep 28, 2020

Good

By Shivraj S

Sep 15, 2020

Good

By Muhammad Y

good

By Widanalage S S H D M

Oct 31, 2018

good

By Oliange G V P R

Oct 26, 2018

Good

By Aditya D

Mar 24, 2017

good

By Margaux M

Jul 26, 2019

G

By Umberto D V

May 3, 2020

Very interesting course, made by very good teachers. All the topics have been clear and followed with a strong willingness. It opens your mind receiving new knowledge and unexpected aspects about how is it possible to achieve green economies. I would have been more glad if it had been explained (even briefly) how different sciences (such as thermodynamic, mathematics, civil engineering) could be involved in the transition process to a green economy through the implementation of tools and method that they offer. I'm just entering in the world of the applied sustainability, and this course for sure gave me a very clear overview about the potential and opportunities that can be applied. Completely recommended!

By Katie B

Jun 7, 2020

Enjoyable course that sparked off a number of thoughts about my own city as I was doing it, particularly on the sharing economy. My only complaint was that there was quite a bit of repetition towards the end and some material that didn't really say all that much eg. setting up of the cross-forums, GUST, which didn't suit an online learning environment. Also just to say there is a large focus on Sweden, but would be expected given this is a course given by a Swedish University. Take this course with the idea that it will be mainly case study based and it will make you open your eyes to what your own city could be doing better!

By Frank D R

Mar 24, 2016

Overall good course (the first MOOC I ever took, so inexperienced in grading these courses), but some areas of improvement remain.

I would however suggest less redundancy. Too many papers/videos start with an overview of the problems we are facing, but I would think most students are aware of these problems coming into the course, and if not, they need not be repeated so many times. Also, some of the papers seem to use a very redundant and roundabout way of communicating information, with a lot of repetition and sometimes over-contextualization. Shorter sentences/readability do not make for worse science. :-)

By Miruna A

May 6, 2020

This course was informative. Most importantly, it taught me how to appreciate the environment and its wonders, it made me realise that nature is the most beautiful thing in the world and we all should take care of it. Also, even though the amount of knowledge that I collected from this course is vast and satisfying, I sometimes felt during the lessons that there were given way too long explanations and descriptions, that made me lose interest or get bored. However, this course helped me a lot to understand the necessity of going green and environmentally friendly and I would recommend it to anybody.