Back to Greening the Economy: Sustainable Cities

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Greening the Economy: Sustainable Cities by Lund University

How can we shape our urban development towards sustainable and prosperous futures? This course explores sustainable cities as engines for greening the economy. We place cities in the context of sustainable urban transformation and climate change. Sustainable urban transformation refers to structural transformation processes – multi-dimensional and radical change – that can effectively direct urban development towards ambitious sustainability and climate goals. We connect the key trends of urbanization, decarbonisation and sustainability. We examine visions, experiments and innovations in urban areas. And we look at practices (what is happening in cities at present) and opportunities (what are the possibilities for cities going forwards into the future). This course provides key examples of activities to promote sustainable cities in Scandinavia, Europe and around the world. We bring together a collection of diverse short films and key short readings on sustainable cities as well as interactive forums and a practical assignment to create an online learning community. This course is produced by Lund University in cooperation with WWF Cities and ICLEI - Local Governments for Sustainability. It is available for free to everyone, everywhere!...

SV
Sep 28, 2019

This course has been approached not just for academic purpose but also it is a moral oligation to carry forward what has been taught. I thank the authorities and faculties who have made presentations.

MB
Mar 14, 2019

Really interesting course. I recommend it for all people who want to now how are cities need to act for sustainable development of our cities, how to prevent earth from fast increasing c02 footprint.

526 - 550 of 652 Reviews for Greening the Economy: Sustainable Cities

Feb 25, 2016

Comprehensive. You get a firm idea about the direction about the upcoming green urban wave. However, could do with more practical specifics rather than just ideas and guidelines.

By Debora S

Oct 13, 2016

It was a good informative course, but at times it gave me the impression that it was more concerned in showcase the research done at Lund than exploring of the subject at hand.

By Andrew R

Feb 18, 2019

Although the case studies and topics were very interesting, some of the short videos briefly describing one thing seemed unnecessary. Course also needs better organization.

By Muhammad S

Jan 29, 2019

A nice and informative course regarding Sustainable Cities. The course is very useful for scholars or students interested about Urban Planning ,Ecology, and Sustainability.

By M.R.DEEPAK

Apr 22, 2020

Most educational & enjoyed through out. Hope these initiatives are adopted in the third world also ,where its most needed. Looking to implement in my day to day routine.

By Luis T

Dec 12, 2018

Muy buen curso, principalmente el hecho de mostrar tantas iniciativas que se estan realizando a nivel mundial me parece muy interesante y sobre todo motivador!

By Paul S

Sep 6, 2016

Lots of great material. Very much enjoyed the course. One challenge, keeping current with all of the new programs and projects around the world. Thanks!

By Chloé C

Apr 30, 2019

Very good course! I have got more information about the current state of environmental development in cities worldwide and the challenges they are facing.

By Tadhg M

Dec 10, 2017

Overall I learnt a lot, however I felt some parts were too abstract or light on specifics and I enjoyed the parts focusing on concrete examples much more.

By Maximiliano M

May 3, 2020

It was a very helpful course in order to approach the state of the art in economical and urban development with an ecological and community perspective!

By Isha S

Sep 4, 2018

Few chapters pretty much had the same content. The content could have been more inclusive of different examples from various cities around the world

By Bijoy J

Oct 12, 2016

Good understanding on energing concepts, experiences from Scandanavian countries and gets me exploring possibilities in our environment/ cities.

By Chaim D M

Aug 29, 2019

Very good course, nice overview of what sustainability in an urban context can mean, and what tools are available to increase sustainability.

By Janina W

Sep 12, 2020

Great course that shows the potential that cities have and that introduces some powerful projects and initatives that are already happening.

By RICARDO A S M

May 20, 2016

It is a good introductory course, but I think it should go deeper each week content. Being slightly more technical. I recommend this course.

By Lexie X L

Apr 14, 2019

The abundance of city initiatives shared in the course are informative and helpful. I would be happy to see more cases analysed in-depth.

By Béatrice N

Dec 20, 2020

Interesting introduction, but rather promotional...it is obvious there are sponsors backing the course so it focuses too much on them.

By Afif A F

It would be very good if this course would've registered me for any such initiative or voluntary work which is related to this course.

By Léa N

Oct 15, 2017

I really enjoyed these 5 weeks and learned a great deal about sustainability processes and mechanisms in cities all over the world.

By vivek r a

Sep 4, 2020

i would like to thank coursera for providing the financial aid, through this initative you are helping many needy students.

By Duncan M

Feb 29, 2020

A very worthwhile course to attend. My first course on coursera, I plan to take many more. A great learning initiative.

By Ryan V L

Aug 10, 2019

Very good material that covers a range of topics. A great starting point for anyone keen to learn more on this topic.

By Maria P V P

May 4, 2020

The course gives a wider view of the issue of cities, how they impact in the climate and what can be done about it.

By vidya b

Jan 31, 2017

very nicely put together the contours of urbanization its challenges and some glimpses into the solution framework.