Back to How to Write a Resume (Project-Centered Course)

Learner Reviews & Feedback for How to Write a Resume (Project-Centered Course) by The State University of New York

4.4

What you’ll achieve: In this project-centered course*, you will craft an essential cornerstone of the modern-day job or internship search: the resume. You’ll review resume best practices and explore current trends with guidance from a professional career counselor and recruiter, and you’ll exchange structured feedback with your peers as you work to polish your own resume. When you complete the course, you’ll have an eye-catching resume that lets your professional strengths shine. What you’ll need to get started: This course is designed primarily for young professionals or college students who are writing their first resume or looking to give an old resume a fresh and polished professional look. All job seekers will benefit from the course material and project, however, regardless of their career stage or professional background. All you will need is word processing software that allows you to create a resume on a computer- there are free tools available. *About Project-Centered Courses: Project-centered courses are designed to help you complete a personally meaningful real-world project, with your instructor and a community of like-minded supportive learners with similar goals providing guidance and suggestions along the way. By actively applying new concepts as you learn, you’ll master the course content more efficiently; you’ll also get a head start on using the skills you gain to make positive changes in your life and career. When you complete the course, you’ll have a finished project that you’ll be proud to use and share....

Mar 30, 2016

Really a good course, it enhanced the knowledge on the resume writing skills and the made to note the areas which we actually miss. Thanks for the instructor and the other contributors

JL

Apr 03, 2017

I only did the free version but feel I got just as much out of it. I would recommend this highly to anyone serious about presenting a good looking resume.

1 - 25 of 84 Reviews for How to Write a Resume (Project-Centered Course)

By Pier L

Apr 07, 2019

I appreciated the concept of the one page resume with mostly relevant information, and the stimulus to squeeze experiences for skill display. At times, I felt that it was oriented only towards people with an abundance of experiences and education, leaving relatively inexperienced people hanging.

By Imam A S

Dec 30, 2018

It was great course

By Maxim K

Jan 04, 2019

A very good information, no chit-chat. I would recommend to add some more resumes as an examples.

By Zhongwu w

Dec 23, 2018

It is useful even though it is short. You could learn some detail things from here. However, if you want to know what you should writing, the course would not give you any clue. It just shows you how to organize you resume and make it be a right fit for the position you r looking for.

By Mostafa A M

Dec 09, 2018

great course

By Suprabhat D

Dec 09, 2018

One of the best!! :)

I already have a resume set-up (but there is no end to learning something new and implementing) but it gave a new perspective altogether. I will definitely implement it and try to make it a perfect one (although there is no end to perfection!)

Thank you very much for creating such an awesome course! :)

By Ali M

Dec 20, 2017

very practical and straightforward

By Ahmad L M

Jun 14, 2017

good and very informative course

By Susan M

Jul 25, 2017

Exactly what the course name implies.

By Joel P

Jun 08, 2018

It was an amazing experience. Writing a resume that can describe in and out of my skill sets and personality may sound easy but to actually sit and work on it was very difficult. This course helped me out on the same. Special thanks to the amazing rubric shared in the course.

By maria

Apr 29, 2018

great tips on howto write a resume

By Ron D

Apr 10, 2016

Does what it promises with no nonsense.

Warning for those not living in the US: this course is tailored toward US resumes, which have requirements such as not being longer than one page, which may not be applicable to you. That said, I still found this course very useful despite being Dutch myself.

By Xin L

Mar 10, 2016

Practical and really helpful! I redesigned my resume as it is instructed.

By Jenny M T

Nov 22, 2016

It's very engaging and I learned very much about resume writing that I was able to revise my resume in good time for job seeking. Thank you very much!

By sonia v

Mar 09, 2016

Bom conteúdo e formador bom comunicador

By Mohamed H M

Jun 17, 2018

Really Amazing

By Sebastian L R

Dec 16, 2016

Very good course :)

By Mradul M

Mar 18, 2018

The course was pretty good

Various key points were taken care of and prioritized

By Jackie K

Sep 06, 2016

I feel like i made an improvement to my resume with this course. I was good before, now it is even better.

By Jorge F D S Q

May 01, 2016

Excelente!!! Muy buena dicción y muy practico! 100% recomendado

By Ilkham

Mar 29, 2016

I liked it.

By Anand G

Nov 22, 2016

Completed the course. It provides nice tips and tricks on resume building.

By jason P

Dec 20, 2016

This course was fantastic. Logically set out and full of great content. Made me really reevaluate my own resume as I learnt a lot.

By Stephanie R T B