Back to How to Write a Resume (Project-Centered Course)

Learner Reviews & Feedback for How to Write a Resume (Project-Centered Course) by The State University of New York

4.4

What you’ll achieve: In this project-centered course*, you will craft an essential cornerstone of the modern-day job or internship search: the resume. You’ll review resume best practices and explore current trends with guidance from a professional career counselor and recruiter, and you’ll exchange structured feedback with your peers as you work to polish your own resume. When you complete the course, you’ll have an eye-catching resume that lets your professional strengths shine. What you’ll need to get started: This course is designed primarily for young professionals or college students who are writing their first resume or looking to give an old resume a fresh and polished professional look. All job seekers will benefit from the course material and project, however, regardless of their career stage or professional background. All you will need is word processing software that allows you to create a resume on a computer- there are free tools available. *About Project-Centered Courses: Project-centered courses are designed to help you complete a personally meaningful real-world project, with your instructor and a community of like-minded supportive learners with similar goals providing guidance and suggestions along the way. By actively applying new concepts as you learn, you’ll master the course content more efficiently; you’ll also get a head start on using the skills you gain to make positive changes in your life and career. When you complete the course, you’ll have a finished project that you’ll be proud to use and share....

Mar 30, 2016

Really a good course, it enhanced the knowledge on the resume writing skills and the made to note the areas which we actually miss. Thanks for the instructor and the other contributors

JL

Apr 03, 2017

I only did the free version but feel I got just as much out of it. I would recommend this highly to anyone serious about presenting a good looking resume.

26 - 50 of 86 Reviews for How to Write a Resume (Project-Centered Course)

By Mradul M

Mar 18, 2018

The course was pretty good

Various key points were taken care of and prioritized

By KMK H

Oct 19, 2016

Good

By JUDITH L

Apr 03, 2017

By Jackie K

Sep 06, 2016

I feel like i made an improvement to my resume with this course. I was good before, now it is even better.

By Mohammad K

Aug 30, 2016

very informative and will let you create your professional resume to attract employers

By Ahmad L M

Jun 14, 2017

good and very informative course

By Susan M

Jul 25, 2017

Exactly what the course name implies.

By Ali M

Dec 20, 2017

very practical and straightforward

By Joel P

Jun 08, 2018

It was an amazing experience. Writing a resume that can describe in and out of my skill sets and personality may sound easy but to actually sit and work on it was very difficult. This course helped me out on the same. Special thanks to the amazing rubric shared in the course.

By maria

Apr 29, 2018

great tips on howto write a resume

By Jorge F D S Q

Mar 29, 2016

I liked it.

By Anand G

Nov 22, 2016

Completed the course. It provides nice tips and tricks on resume building.

By sonia v

Mar 09, 2016

Bom conteúdo e formador bom comunicador

By pavan v

Jun 29, 2019

Very informational and the interview of an HR was very helpful.

By Ashwin C P

Jun 30, 2019

Gained a lot knowledge on writing resume and key areas to improve

By Thịnh L Q

Jul 28, 2019

Quite short but really informative.

By Abhas V

Aug 08, 2019

Informative for young professionals preparing resume for their first jobs or for refining their resumes

By David A A

Jul 02, 2019

Course was great and well presented!!

By Archit S

Jul 04, 2019

Its a really great course and I feel that resume making needs such fine details to be known. Because to get over the threshold set up by the recruiters we need to go an extra mile by perfection all the fine details and making our resume more attractive and appealing. It was the right choice for me. Thanks to coursera staff and everyone involved in making of this course.

By Isabelle A

Aug 29, 2019

This course helped me get my dream job!

By Navaneeth G

Sep 26, 2019

Good Course

By Emina D

Feb 19, 2019

This course has got me understand some important factors in building my own resume.

By Санников М О

Apr 27, 2017

Курс хороший, но сложный, без знания английского на добротном уровне.