Back to Chinese for HSK 1

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Chinese for HSK 1 by Peking University

Nǐ hǎo! 你好!Welcome to Chinese for HSK Level 1 - a Chinese course for beginners. My name is YU Bin. I am very happy to meet you here! HSK stands for Hànyǔ (Chinese) Shuǐpíng (level) Kǎoshì (test), which is the most important Chinese proficiency test in use today. It assesses non-native Chinese speakers’ abilities in using Chinese in their daily, academic and professional lives. Chinese for HSK Level 1 is the first part of the 6 levels and assesses test takers’ abilities in the application of everyday Chinese. It is the counterpart of Level 1 of the Chinese Language Proficiency Scales for Speakers of Other Languages and the A1 Level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. You will learn:  30 video lectures with dialogue role plays by PKU students;  More than 150 commonly used words;  Around 50 key grammar points;  New words and texts via audio;  Quizzes for each lesson and HSK test papers;  Videos for 70 basic Chinese characters (optional);  Supplementary materials about China (optional). In short, the course covers the four skills although only listening and reading are tested in HSK. At the end of the course, you will be able to understand and use simple Chinese phrases, meet basic needs for communication and possess the ability to further your Chinese language studies. Have a fantastic journey of Chinese learning. For more information about HSK please visit: http://english.hanban.org/node_7581.htm....

AG
Jan 4, 2019

finally an online course that delivers, great way to kickstart or reboot your chinese. the formula of the lesson is simple and easy to follow, a fantastic way to start, definitely moving on to HSK2

TR
May 22, 2019

Excellent course, Yu Bin explains the material very well and the content is well organised. I would have liked further explanations on the grammar and additional practice exercises beyond the quiz

1 - 25 of 507 Reviews for Chinese for HSK 1

By Mark K

Dec 18, 2018

I think the course was generally quite good. The teacher was good at explaining things in a clear way. The video's, mostly, were of good quality. The quiz's mostly connected with the learning material. Only sporadically I saw words in the quiz's that I didn't see before but that's okay. The last week, week 6, was slightly more difficult than the other weeks; I guess it was tying up loose ends. The final quiz, to be honest, was a lot harder than expected. Even though I passed 40/40, most of it was just because I picked up words while listening, without fully understanding the entire sentence.

I read the reviews of HSK2 of the same school; which say the material isn't quite as good as HSK1, that would be disappointing. I hope you guys keep working on improving the materials!

Thank you very much!

By Flavio J O d S

Mar 11, 2019

That was a great opportunity to learn Chinese in a very high level. The Course is very good; all the learning skils are very well explored and the student will not miss the traditional classroom.

By Kaushalya N

Oct 12, 2017

Very well constructed course. I did not have to resort to supplementary reading material for HSK 1 preparation. The course content will suffice for taking the test. Concepts are very well explained and I would encourage those who are serious about taking the HSK 1 examination to take this course. A couple of things that they could work on: i) Although characters are not a part of the HSK 1 curriculum, more characters could have been introduced optionally for those who are interested. Might have helped in the long run ii) Some facts and information on Chinese culture and History could have been introduced to make it a comprehensive course

By Adela G

Mar 12, 2017

Muy interesante y práctico. Unicamente que al no comprar el curso algunos test no se pueden finalizar.

By Alisse S

Nov 6, 2018

Excellent introduction to Chinese and covers a variety of pieces to the language- I took one on one classes briefly and then this course and it helped solidify my understanding of writing characters and especially recognizing tones. I feel very confident in test for HSK1! Thanks!

By Laerehte

May 6, 2020

Highly recommended.

Very good course for people who want to take HSK I.

I myself didn't purchase the course due to financial restrictions, but auditing is good enough already.

All the quizes are based on HSK1 actual exam which is very cool.

By Emi-Eliza

Jul 31, 2017

I've taken some real lessons online and in offline classes. This one is really good, exactly as what I learned from the class. It gives you real practices and reinforced what I've already learn.

By Rahmawati N

Jun 19, 2018

Very clear explanations and useful exercises. It makes the exam manageable and even look easy!

By Linda S E A

Jul 4, 2020

Very well explained and structured. Will work as a fine foundation for any beginner learners.

By Francisca A V S

Aug 9, 2020

Muy buen curso. Entrega buen material para iniciar con el idioma y las clases son completas.

By Bakil M A G

Dec 5, 2019

An Excellent course. I really enjoyed learning every small thing in this interesting course.

By Antonio M M

Sep 20, 2020

I highly recommend this course. Definitively a good choice to start learning this language.

By PAOLA L L G

Jun 8, 2020

This course will teach you all you need to know in an HSK 1 level. So useful and fruitful.

By Sam C

Sep 14, 2017

Excellent. Well structured and adaptable to suit different needs, levels and availability.

By Mar�a F B S

Nov 13, 2020

Muy bueno, bastante apremiantes los tiempos pero clara la exposición e interesante.

By Eric M B

Jul 19, 2019

Muy bueno. Idealmente se aprovecha mejor si se estudia el vocabulario por aparte.

By Lara L

May 9, 2019

Wonderful course!!! Thanks a lot!!!

By Beau v

l

!

By Christian S

Nov 12, 2017

O curso abrange de forma muito inteligente o principal vocabulário do HSK I. Muito bom. Simples, rápido e eficiente.

By Muhammad T I

May 11, 2019

It should be taught as comparative to English language tenses which will be more easy to understand. Because anyone attending this course will certainly have knowledge of English and its associated tenses. So If you teach us that where to put Chinese words in just English tenses. It will be more effective.

By Silvia P

Jun 4, 2017

I really enjoyed this course. When I was in the high school I started to learn chinese by my own and now, I few years later, I restarted studying this particular language. The course is organized very well and the teacher is totally clear in the reading and in the explanations. You can learn through the videos in which she explain a bit of grammar rules and read with you dialogues and new words. For the first level of HSK they teach you all you have to know and some exercises and the final test are a "copy" of an HSK test, so you can train yourself every week and at the end. I totally reccomend this course to everyone who want to approach, even for the first time, to this language. The aspect that I liked more is the costant presence of mathertongue that speak chinese and read words and phrases. It's really helpful for learning the pronunciation!

By Barry O

Feb 9, 2019

I liked the course overall, the instructor was very consistent, pleasant and easy to follow. This course was very well balanced, lots of quizzes so students can monitor their progress. Also optional elements of writing Chinese characters and learning tidbits about Chinese culture were a nice addition. I'm happy to give the course 5 stars.Minor suggestions would be to make the final test more readable (too much scrolling involved between questions). Also could have been a bit more careful with the English, as someone who lives and works in China - I suggest English should always be proofread by a qualified native speaker, but this rarely happens, however it didn't affect the quality of the course, just as an English teacher I notice these things.

By Jesús A M M

Dec 3, 2016

This course was worth every minute I spent on it. My Chinese vocabulary increased a lot along with my ability to communicate in the language. The course is well structured so that it is always interesting to follow, you grab most of the 150 HSK 1 words in a way that does not feel awkward (Peking University did a great job grouping them) and the basic grammar without actually studying it (i.e. without memorizing structures). The professor and the staff are excellent, and the material is not less than first-rate.

I learned more in this 6-week course (7, but the last week is just the final test) than in 3 months attending to (Chinese) classroom class.

By Bhavik A M

Dec 28, 2017

This is a great course for anyone who wants to start learning Mandarin Chinese. It does exactly what it says; prepares you for Chinese for HSK Level 1. It is a great course for anyone who wants to pick up the language. Be sure to have the time to do this course because it does require you to spend 6 hours a week (for complete beginners). The additional Writing Chinese Characters sections were also very helpful.

I will be continuing onto the Level 2 course in the New Year once I've gone through the material in this course one more time. Language learning is not easy so make sure you dive in when you've got the right amount of time!

By Julie

Feb 20, 2020

I have really enjoyed this course. It is well structured with a manageable amount of words/phrases to learn in each lesson. I also liked that there was a balance between reading, listening, speaking and writing. The course instructor was fantastic and it has been wonderful watching and learning with her everyday. I have been learning Chinese before I move to Shanghai later this year and after doing this course, I have been confident enough to sign up for my HSK 1 exam next month! Thank you so much for all of your help and putting me on the path to successfully learning Chinese! Looking forward to moving on to HSK 2 with you! : )