Back to Chinese for HSK 1

Chinese for HSK 1, Peking University

About this Course

Nǐ hǎo! 你好!Welcome to Chinese for HSK Level 1 - a Chinese course for beginners. My name is YU Bin. I am very happy to meet you here! HSK stands for Hànyǔ (Chinese) Shuǐpíng (level) Kǎoshì (test), which is the most important Chinese proficiency test in use today. It assesses non-native Chinese speakers’ abilities in using Chinese in their daily, academic and professional lives. Chinese for HSK Level 1 is the first part of the 6 levels and assesses test takers’ abilities in the application of everyday Chinese. It is the counterpart of Level 1 of the Chinese Language Proficiency Scales for Speakers of Other Languages and the A1 Level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. You will learn:  30 video lectures with dialogue role plays by PKU students;  More than 150 commonly used words;  Around 50 key grammar points;  New words and texts via audio;  Quizzes for each lesson and HSK test papers;  Videos for 70 basic Chinese characters (optional);  Supplementary materials about China (optional). In short, the course covers the four skills although only listening and reading are tested in HSK. At the end of the course, you will be able to understand and use simple Chinese phrases, meet basic needs for communication and possess the ability to further your Chinese language studies. Have a fantastic journey of Chinese learning. For more information about HSK please visit: http://english.hanban.org/node_7581.htm....

By AG

Jan 05, 2019

finally an online course that delivers, great way to kickstart or reboot your chinese. the formula of the lesson is simple and easy to follow, a fantastic way to start, definitely moving on to HSK2

By MM

Jul 31, 2017

I've taken some real lessons online and in offline classes. This one is really good, exactly as what I learned from the class. It gives you real practices and reinforced what I've already learn.

164 Reviews

By John Carroll

Jan 15, 2019

I found this course a good introduction to the basic Chinese level tests and also a very helpful introduction to the language and basic vocabulary to get you started.

By James Bloxham

Jan 14, 2019

Overall, this course is fantastic! The final test is a bit cumbersome because of the layout, and some of the recordings are excessively loud compared to the others, requiring one to adjust the sound, but the content and delivery are very professional.

By Steve Hunter

Jan 05, 2019

Excellent resource for preparing for the HSK 1 exam. I used this course as a refresher as I prepare for the HSK 3 exam, working my way up. I will complete the HSK 2 course here as well before taking the HSK 3 course. I am confident that if I continue to apply my study method that I will pass the exams using these courses.

By Carlos Cárdenas Olivares

Jan 05, 2019

UN CURSO EXCELENTE. PERMITE CONOCER LAS BASES DE ESTE HERMOSO IDIOMA DE FORMA AMENA, CON DIÁLOGOS ENTRETENIDOS, FRASES DEL DIARIO VIVIR, VOCABULARIO IMPORTANTE Y UNA BUENA BASE PARA PODER DAR EL HKS 1. YO LO DÍ Y ME FUE MUY BIEN, GRACIAS A ESTE CURSO.

ALTAMENTE RECOMENDABLE!!!

By Atniel guedj

By Diola Garcia

Jan 04, 2019

I have completed four college level Chinese classes, so this was a good review for preparation for HSK 1. Onward!!!

By Sonya Dexter

Jan 02, 2019

I found this course very useful. The way it is set up worked well for me. The only difficulty I had was that the videos and soundtracks were "too heavy" for my internet connection here in China.

By Ruben Otten

Dec 21, 2018

Easy to follow and very usefull

By Mark Koelemij

Dec 19, 2018

I think the course was generally quite good. The teacher was good at explaining things in a clear way. The video's, mostly, were of good quality. The quiz's mostly connected with the learning material. Only sporadically I saw words in the quiz's that I didn't see before but that's okay. The last week, week 6, was slightly more difficult than the other weeks; I guess it was tying up loose ends. The final quiz, to be honest, was a lot harder than expected. Even though I passed 40/40, most of it was just because I picked up words while listening, without fully understanding the entire sentence.

I read the reviews of HSK2 of the same school; which say the material isn't quite as good as HSK1, that would be disappointing. I hope you guys keep working on improving the materials!

Thank you very much!

By Danielle Cochran

Dec 18, 2018

Definitely loved this course and the teacher goes through and explains everything slowly so that it is easier to comprehend. It is great for anyone trying to get into studying Chinese!