Back to Chinese for HSK 1

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Chinese for HSK 1 by Peking University

Nǐ hǎo! 你好!Welcome to Chinese for HSK Level 1 - a Chinese course for beginners. My name is YU Bin. I am very happy to meet you here! HSK stands for Hànyǔ (Chinese) Shuǐpíng (level) Kǎoshì (test), which is the most important Chinese proficiency test in use today. It assesses non-native Chinese speakers’ abilities in using Chinese in their daily, academic and professional lives. Chinese for HSK Level 1 is the first part of the 6 levels and assesses test takers’ abilities in the application of everyday Chinese. It is the counterpart of Level 1 of the Chinese Language Proficiency Scales for Speakers of Other Languages and the A1 Level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. You will learn:  30 video lectures with dialogue role plays by PKU students;  More than 150 commonly used words;  Around 50 key grammar points;  New words and texts via audio;  Quizzes for each lesson and HSK test papers;  Videos for 70 basic Chinese characters (optional);  Supplementary materials about China (optional). In short, the course covers the four skills although only listening and reading are tested in HSK. At the end of the course, you will be able to understand and use simple Chinese phrases, meet basic needs for communication and possess the ability to further your Chinese language studies. Have a fantastic journey of Chinese learning. For more information about HSK please visit: http://english.hanban.org/node_7581.htm....

AG

Jan 05, 2019

finally an online course that delivers, great way to kickstart or reboot your chinese. the formula of the lesson is simple and easy to follow, a fantastic way to start, definitely moving on to HSK2

TR

May 23, 2019

Excellent course, Yu Bin explains the material very well and the content is well organised. I would have liked further explanations on the grammar and additional practice exercises beyond the quiz

1 - 25 of 211 Reviews for Chinese for HSK 1

By Alisse S

Nov 06, 2018

Excellent introduction to Chinese and covers a variety of pieces to the language- I took one on one classes briefly and then this course and it helped solidify my understanding of writing characters and especially recognizing tones. I feel very confident in test for HSK1! Thanks!

By Beau v

l

!

By Lara L

May 09, 2019

Wonderful course!!! Thanks a lot!!!

By Emi-Eliza

Jul 31, 2017

I've taken some real lessons online and in offline classes. This one is really good, exactly as what I learned from the class. It gives you real practices and reinforced what I've already learn.

By Muhammad T I

May 11, 2019

It should be taught as comparative to English language tenses which will be more easy to understand. Because anyone attending this course will certainly have knowledge of English and its associated tenses. So If you teach us that where to put Chinese words in just English tenses. It will be more effective.

By Sehyun P

Nov 19, 2018

Amazing for the beginners who want to learn Chinese for the first time

By Roxana

Dec 02, 2018

hen hao

By Danielle C

Dec 18, 2018

Definitely loved this course and the teacher goes through and explains everything slowly so that it is easier to comprehend. It is great for anyone trying to get into studying Chinese!

By Ruben O

Dec 21, 2018

Easy to follow and very usefull

By Diola G

Jan 04, 2019

I have completed four college level Chinese classes, so this was a good review for preparation for HSK 1. Onward!!!

By Titus T

Jan 31, 2019

You can easily get through the basics and start understanding some parts of a basic conversation

I like the teaching mode

By Josefa V C

Nov 20, 2018

Excelente curso.

By Eyenunwana N

Nov 20, 2018

Really impressed with the curriculum in this course. By the end, I could both speak coherent sentences in Mandarin and read some parts of articles written in Mandarin.

By Yulia K

Nov 22, 2018

This course has a very detail and clear explanation. Very good to start for beginner. This course also introduce basic cultural knowledge of China as well.

By jayasundara m m p j

Nov 06, 2018

great opportunity ever i had

By Muhammad M Y

Nov 25, 2018

Complete basic chinese language course which cover all basic daily life communication..

By Joevanie C J

Nov 14, 2018

Great instruction from Peking University. If you want to be comfortable with the basics of Chinese language, this is the course that you're looking for.

By Carlos C O

Jan 05, 2019

UN CURSO EXCELENTE. PERMITE CONOCER LAS BASES DE ESTE HERMOSO IDIOMA DE FORMA AMENA, CON DIÁLOGOS ENTRETENIDOS, FRASES DEL DIARIO VIVIR, VOCABULARIO IMPORTANTE Y UNA BUENA BASE PARA PODER DAR EL HKS 1. YO LO DÍ Y ME FUE MUY BIEN, GRACIAS A ESTE CURSO.

ALTAMENTE RECOMENDABLE!!!

By Steve H

Jan 05, 2019

Excellent resource for preparing for the HSK 1 exam. I used this course as a refresher as I prepare for the HSK 3 exam, working my way up. I will complete the HSK 2 course here as well before taking the HSK 3 course. I am confident that if I continue to apply my study method that I will pass the exams using these courses.

By Atniel g

By Barry O

Feb 09, 2019

I liked the course overall, the instructor was very consistent, pleasant and easy to follow. This course was very well balanced, lots of quizzes so students can monitor their progress. Also optional elements of writing Chinese characters and learning tidbits about Chinese culture were a nice addition. I'm happy to give the course 5 stars.Minor suggestions would be to make the final test more readable (too much scrolling involved between questions). Also could have been a bit more careful with the English, as someone who lives and works in China - I suggest English should always be proofread by a qualified native speaker, but this rarely happens, however it didn't affect the quality of the course, just as an English teacher I notice these things.

By POORVI T

Feb 17, 2019

I think it is one of the best resources available online to start off with your Chinese language learning. It allows you to learn the language in a very structured manner, which is much needed in the beginning stages of learning any new skill.

By Jeanette K

Feb 23, 2019

Such a useful course and I really appreciated their use of different materials to help us learn the material. The teacher is very clear in her pronunciation and her examples. I also appreciate they differentiate between what is necessary material for the HSK L1 test and what is "extra" learning. This course, along with my tutor I speak with on Skype, I feel my confidence in Chinese has doubled already since January! Can't wait to begin Level 2!

By Sylvia M S

Feb 27, 2019

Great course and great teacher. Just the right path to introduce you into this beautiful language.

By Mangala K