Back to Chinese for HSK 1

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Chinese for HSK 1 by Peking University

Nǐ hǎo! 你好!Welcome to Chinese for HSK Level 1 - a Chinese course for beginners. My name is YU Bin. I am very happy to meet you here! HSK stands for Hànyǔ (Chinese) Shuǐpíng (level) Kǎoshì (test), which is the most important Chinese proficiency test in use today. It assesses non-native Chinese speakers’ abilities in using Chinese in their daily, academic and professional lives. Chinese for HSK Level 1 is the first part of the 6 levels and assesses test takers’ abilities in the application of everyday Chinese. It is the counterpart of Level 1 of the Chinese Language Proficiency Scales for Speakers of Other Languages and the A1 Level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. You will learn:  30 video lectures with dialogue role plays by PKU students;  More than 150 commonly used words;  Around 50 key grammar points;  New words and texts via audio;  Quizzes for each lesson and HSK test papers;  Videos for 70 basic Chinese characters (optional);  Supplementary materials about China (optional). In short, the course covers the four skills although only listening and reading are tested in HSK. At the end of the course, you will be able to understand and use simple Chinese phrases, meet basic needs for communication and possess the ability to further your Chinese language studies. Have a fantastic journey of Chinese learning. For more information about HSK please visit: http://english.hanban.org/node_7581.htm....

AG

Jan 05, 2019

finally an online course that delivers, great way to kickstart or reboot your chinese. the formula of the lesson is simple and easy to follow, a fantastic way to start, definitely moving on to HSK2

TR

May 23, 2019

Excellent course, Yu Bin explains the material very well and the content is well organised. I would have liked further explanations on the grammar and additional practice exercises beyond the quiz

1 - 25 of 211 Reviews for Chinese for HSK 1

By Alisse S

Nov 06, 2018

Excellent introduction to Chinese and covers a variety of pieces to the language- I took one on one classes briefly and then this course and it helped solidify my understanding of writing characters and especially recognizing tones. I feel very confident in test for HSK1! Thanks!

By Emi-Eliza

Jul 31, 2017

I've taken some real lessons online and in offline classes. This one is really good, exactly as what I learned from the class. It gives you real practices and reinforced what I've already learn.

By Beau v

l

!

By Lara L

May 09, 2019

Wonderful course!!! Thanks a lot!!!

By Muhammad T I

May 11, 2019

It should be taught as comparative to English language tenses which will be more easy to understand. Because anyone attending this course will certainly have knowledge of English and its associated tenses. So If you teach us that where to put Chinese words in just English tenses. It will be more effective.

By Muhammad M Y

Nov 25, 2018

Complete basic chinese language course which cover all basic daily life communication..

By Kashif I

Dec 17, 2018

You definitely should go on with this course! Its fabulous!

By ayden

Dec 17, 2018

有用

By Danielle C

Dec 18, 2018

Definitely loved this course and the teacher goes through and explains everything slowly so that it is easier to comprehend. It is great for anyone trying to get into studying Chinese!

By Roxana

Dec 02, 2018

hen hao

By James B

Jan 14, 2019

Overall, this course is fantastic! The final test is a bit cumbersome because of the layout, and some of the recordings are excessively loud compared to the others, requiring one to adjust the sound, but the content and delivery are very professional.

By John C

Jan 15, 2019

I found this course a good introduction to the basic Chinese level tests and also a very helpful introduction to the language and basic vocabulary to get you started.

By Atniel g

By Diola G

Jan 04, 2019

I have completed four college level Chinese classes, so this was a good review for preparation for HSK 1. Onward!!!

By POORVI T

Feb 17, 2019

I think it is one of the best resources available online to start off with your Chinese language learning. It allows you to learn the language in a very structured manner, which is much needed in the beginning stages of learning any new skill.

By Jeanette K

Feb 23, 2019

Such a useful course and I really appreciated their use of different materials to help us learn the material. The teacher is very clear in her pronunciation and her examples. I also appreciate they differentiate between what is necessary material for the HSK L1 test and what is "extra" learning. This course, along with my tutor I speak with on Skype, I feel my confidence in Chinese has doubled already since January! Can't wait to begin Level 2!

By Sylvia M S

Feb 27, 2019

Great course and great teacher. Just the right path to introduce you into this beautiful language.

By Mangala K

Mar 02, 2019

Excellent, comprehensive course.

By Barry O

Feb 09, 2019

I liked the course overall, the instructor was very consistent, pleasant and easy to follow. This course was very well balanced, lots of quizzes so students can monitor their progress. Also optional elements of writing Chinese characters and learning tidbits about Chinese culture were a nice addition. I'm happy to give the course 5 stars.Minor suggestions would be to make the final test more readable (too much scrolling involved between questions). Also could have been a bit more careful with the English, as someone who lives and works in China - I suggest English should always be proofread by a qualified native speaker, but this rarely happens, however it didn't affect the quality of the course, just as an English teacher I notice these things.

By Titus T

Jan 31, 2019

You can easily get through the basics and start understanding some parts of a basic conversation

I like the teaching mode

By Daniela M

Apr 07, 2019

I have applied to refresh my Chinese after several months without studying it. I really like the way the course is organized. Now I will continue with HSK2.

Thank you so much!

By AFFANE M A R

Apr 07, 2019

very good! thanks team!

By Cuong H K

Apr 01, 2019

I just say one thing. If you ever wanted to learn Chinese, and struggling about finding the right path to learn it. This series is the right path. You just need to follow the lectures. No textbooks needed, no boring lectures, the two things you need to learn this language is time and passion. Happy learning Chinese!

By Derya Y

Mar 13, 2019

Compared to many other online courses outside of Coursera, this online course is the most efficient so far. A very high quality course for Chinese learners from the oldest university in China. Ms Yu Bin´s Chinese classes provides a very high level of learning experience for disciplined learners. After completing the HSK 1 course, it seems to be impossible to fail the HSK1 test.

Thank you very much to the 北京 大学 汉语水平考试 Team!

By Carlos C O

Jan 05, 2019

UN CURSO EXCELENTE. PERMITE CONOCER LAS BASES DE ESTE HERMOSO IDIOMA DE FORMA AMENA, CON DIÁLOGOS ENTRETENIDOS, FRASES DEL DIARIO VIVIR, VOCABULARIO IMPORTANTE Y UNA BUENA BASE PARA PODER DAR EL HKS 1. YO LO DÍ Y ME FUE MUY BIEN, GRACIAS A ESTE CURSO.

ALTAMENTE RECOMENDABLE!!!